In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thanks for the input: Here is the link

jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Thank you to all that replied to my original post.

I am going to post the link to my gofundme but first wanted to say that I am humbled and grateful for the offers of help and the opinions that y'all provided .

It is difficult for me as I never expected my wife to have the issues she has and that I would not be able to provide everything that could make her life more enjoyable. As I man I feel like I failed in that regard.

It is also humbling to know that you have to ask for help and even more so to realize that their are others who will offer that help without conditions. How does one say thank you to that? I dont know.

All I can say is that Judy and I will never forget the help you offered no matter how much or how little. Just knowing that you tried means the world to us.

I set the gofundme amount at what seems to be what it will take to get a good new/used 13 to 18' travel trailer in our local market. One that wont require any repairs or be likely to break down in any fashion.

As I said in my OP I created this gofundme 10 days ago but have not posted the link anywhere as of yet.

Here is the link: https://www.gofundme.com/enable-my-cancer-stricken-wife-and-i-to-travel

juju(grateful, thankful and humbled)

Comments

• ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Btt
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Done, just wish it could be more, and I'm working on that.
    edited November -1
    Btt
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BTT
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Btt
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I posted that I would donate every time I shot a gun for the next week or so.

Well, today at 8:00 in the mourning, A cop friend stopped by on his way into work.
    He wanted to show me his new "hide away" piece. From his ankle he pulled out a nice
    Walter ppk in .32acp.
    Made me shoot a magazine of ammo into some trees.

Told he he just cost me $32 !!!
    :lol:
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, juju, how much money did you get?
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This am, had to shoot a small copperhead snake.
    Grabbed the 20 gauge and sent him to snake heaven.
    That one 20 gauge shotshell cost $22.19 . :D :shock:
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cuanto Dinero, Amigo? Yo he pagado.
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Mr Griggs. It is easy to see how much has been donated. All you have to do is look at my gofundme page. So far its 3157 dollars of a 6000 dollar goal.

Of that I will actually get about 2850 or so after gofundme gets their cut.

Thats about half of what we needed to get a trailer but about 3157 more than I ever thought would be donated.

ANY MORE QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK. THANKS FOR YOUR DONATION.

juju(tired)
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    juju wrote:
    after gofundme gets their cut.

I thought they had a free go fund me for medical and family. But, it may have had to be set up a certain way up front. I don't know. I've never set one up.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    bambihunter. I didnt see anything about a no fee set up. But then I wasnt asking for medical cost help. I was asking for , well, I guess a luxury item. A travel trailer. Which regardless of why it was wanted isnt a medical expense.

Judy isnt going anywhere for the foreseeable future. She is totally non ambulatory right now and we dont know but dont think that will improve. Its difficult enough to get her out of bed or a chair and into the bathroom or into the Truck for her trips to the Doctors.

We were hoping for more time but I will settle for more mobility so at least to be able to get her out maybe a few more times.

juju(grateful for all the support and most grateful for all the prayers)