In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What did you see on your drive to work today?

Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
edited June 2019 in General Discussion

Comments

• remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to drive through a gauntlet of hotels positioned around Universal Studios Orlando. I generally see lost tourist making insanely illegal decisions while driving.

I would say yours is preferable!
  • lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw 2 turkeys, 3 deer, and 1 really weird raccoon.
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Not on the way to work : But on the way Home (@0700) : had to Stop because of two (2) deer (does) playing in the road in the small town of Niota ???

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it wasn't a work trip, heaven forbid, but a leisurely shopping trip, , i was fortunate to see momma moose and 2 littles taking a gentle stroll thru the downtown Hamilton area last week.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't see anything on the way to work anymore, gave that up couple years ago..............
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a problem.

Being retired, don't have to drive to work.

In fact, I haven't driven anywhere today.

Oh, what is a person to do when they can't participate?

:lol:
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    Yesterday, in the median across from my house:
    This little fella didn?t make it across the highway. I didn?t see any plastic or car parts, so it must?ve been a big truck that hit him.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/Asm88qk
    I couldn?t post the image, it said the file was too big.
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    for these "retirees" saying they don't travel or drive anymore, i'm calling bull hockey. its not 20 something year olds, lollygagging down the road, straddling the center line, rubber necking the corn crop and spying on the widow womans strange car in her driveway.. balderdash i say..
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    discusdad wrote:
    for these "retirees" saying they don't travel or drive anymore, i'm calling bull hockey. its not 20 something year olds, lollygagging down the road, straddling the center line, rubber necking the corn crop and spying on the widow womans strange car in her driveway.. balderdash i say..

Not all retirees drive that way....but there are some of every age that have driven that way from day one.
    ;)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, the cattle are really different there! :D
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stupid people playing on their smart phones.
    Rob
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a Crapload of Eastern Whitetail.

Probably 7-10 before I got out of our 5 mile drive (for me,) Holler, around 4:45 AM.

All seemed willing/anxious to commit Hari-Kari.

Seemed to be the same for the drive in to work. (33 mi. each way, through curvy mountainous terrain.)

People who ride Motorcycles around here, in the wee hours of the morning, or after dark PM?

I just shake my head. "Go with God, my Brother."

Not me. No Way, No how.
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Retiree here.

Drove my wife and our friend to Mt Airy and dropped them at the Earle Theater to see the Jimmy W. Johnson (Elvis) show. I had to sneak in the back way because the Cruise-in had Main street blocked. Guess where I spent the afternoon...

dugP0Ax.jpg

1TxS4Kp.jpg

64YJAWc.jpg
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    headed home on a township road and saw 3 young badgers crossing the road ...i slowed to a crawl as they stopped in the middle and gave me the eye then scooted off into tall grass...seldom see just one in the middle of the day...