In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looky What I Got Today!!

Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,382 ***** Forums Admin
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Four_Roses.jpg

:D:D:D:D National Bourbon Day a day late........

Comments

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are gonna like that!
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,382 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    austin20 wrote:
    You are gonna like that!

Yes I do!!
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    That is a good one. I toured the Four Roses distillery a couple of years ago and I had a sample. I like it enough to buy a bottle. Then I bought another ;) .
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My how times have changed ! I remember in my youth there were several local neighborhood drunks who always drank 4roses because it was the cheapest rotgut whiskey they could buy . If memory serves me somewhere around 1 to 2 dollars a bottle
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you ever noticed that National bourbon day coincides the same week as Father's Day every year ;):D
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first really smashing drunk was a pint of 4 Roses and a 6 pack of 16 oz ? Colt 45 Malt liquor in 1964 . My brother had to haul me home from a dance in the next town over. Yes , 4 Roses was cheap back then.
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first really smashing drunk was a pint of 4 Roses and a 6 pack of 16 oz ? Colt 45 Malt liquor in 1964 . My brother had to haul me home from a dance in the next town over. Yes , 4 Roses was cheap back then.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you ever noticed that National bourbon day coincides the same week as Father's Day every year ;):D

:):):)
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Grand paw used to drink 4 Roses.
    RLTW

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mnrivrat48 wrote:

Have you ever noticed how multiple posts coincide with National Bourbon Day?
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got the wife a dozen roses the other day.334254_479ec16c212ad66d6e3c4dd0b44ad7c6.jpeg
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,311 ******
    edited November -1
    Bing it on by!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche