In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Super Fathers Day idea! Mannlicher Schoenauer ENGRAVED!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/817051863

Fully engraved ULTRA Rare Mannlicher Schoenauer
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A true example of a German stalking gun or forest style...

I have the exact scope and scope mount on a sporterized British SMLE "t" sniper rifle and on a Mexican 1910 Mauser...

The mount allows the scope to pivot completely away and aside from the receiver on its hinge - with no lock or impingement and to simply be finger touch maneuvered back without effecting zero or point of aim or impact - requiring no adjustment...

Allows complete access to the top of the receiver for loading with a stripper clip or maintenance without obstruction.

It works and it's superbly built and designed and executed.

Very nicely found and just the right level of adornment and embellishments in the classic stalking style...

Superb.

Mike
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the nicest firearm I have seen you put up . Someone is going to be extremely glad.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ;););););););););););)
    ... made in Austria, Germany. ;)
    ;););););););););););)

These are two separate countries. :D

Best.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
    That is a sweetheart! And the perfect caliber.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nononsense wrote:
    ;););););););););););)
    ;););););););););););)

Best.
    Haha! You stole my post! I slept just a little late!
    Nice rifle!
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Turned down swept back rounded edge contoured butter knife bolt handle +1

*** I would not have left the top surface untextured or unadorned - for enhanced grip and for artistic flair some stippling or engraving (make the end of the handle an acorn or add a feur de lis) the obverse is inset grooved and numbered - no harm no foul

Double set inline externally adjustable triggers +1

*** I would have added a hole or access port in the trigger guard for access to the exposed adjustment screw via a jewelers or gunsmiths screwdriver and incorporated it into the engraving pattern or motif - no harm no foul

Both a side of the receiver two position push safety mechanism and a back of the bolt body 3 position traditional "flag" safety +/-1

Well executed but a tad redundant and a bit cluttered or busy to my eye. Removing the flag safety cleans up the lines and allows easier manipulation of the exposed cocking piece - this one puzzles me somewhat but ultimately no harm no foul

Folding express sights set for incremental known distances (100 and 200 yds maybe) +1

***often the distances will be engraved deeply into the blades and filled with gold or silver wire inlay but I prefer them as found in this example - it's not uncommon to see deep engraved bold oversized Roman numerals to represent the graduated ranges - no harm no foul

.270 is a fine and capable chambering +1

***I would have preferred one of the mannlicher schoenaur proprietary cartridges or a rigby - but if made for the American market - for a US GI to buy and bring home after a deployment the popularity and availability dictated this pieces caliber selection - no harm no foul

Love the gun and if under $2000 it's a steal not a purchase.

Mike
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A very nice Firearm Kasey.

Very nice.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nononsense wrote:
    ;););););););););););)
    ;););););););););););)

Best.

Between listing all the guns and getting ready for the birthday party at the house today I'm surprised I don't have anything listed as the rifle George Washington took to the moon.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Between listing all the guns and getting ready for the birthday party at the house today I'm surprised I don't have anything listed as the rifle George Washington took to the moon.

Now that one would be a hoot to read! :D

Best.