In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

?Time to make the donuts?

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Any of you remember the tv commercials with the old dude saying that?? My Dad knew that guy from working shows in NY. Supposedly Dunkin Donuts made fresh donuts every four hours. Today everything except the coffee comes in frozen on a truck. I do like the coffee though. It?s 4:21am and I am awake and could go for a extra large cup. Think I will head for my office, grab a cup and catch up on some paperwork. Nice and quite on a Sunday morning and I can watch the sun rise at the beach. Speaking of the beach it was rocking yesterday. The Inter Coastal was chocked full of boats and good looking women were filling the streets of Wrightsville Beach. Now if I can just find one looking to have a two week relationship with a fat old man with no money.

Comments

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember at the local DD they had a window into the bakery and you outdo watch them making the donuts several times a day.

Not any more, it all comes from a central bakery once a day. Coffee is okay but mine st home is better and cheaper.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ahhhh the delights of donuts and coffee....sugar and caffeine....yummy
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ricci,
    Supposedly Dunkin Donuts made fresh donuts every four hours.

There is no question about it, the doughnuts were made fresh every 4 hours. Those left on the rack were put in the trash and the fresh ones replaced them. Four hours was the time frame to mix, raise, loaf, cut, proof and fry one batch of yeast (raised) dough. The cake doughnuts were worked in between the steps for the raised dough. During 8 hours we finished 2 complete 80 lb batches of raised dough. Yes, I was one of those teenagers working behind that glass window, trying to make enough money to go to college. Dunkin' Doughnuts paid the best wages in the area where I was living at the time.

I envy you for the beach view!

Best.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't know they made them every 4 hours. I always thought the guy in commercial was talking about getting up at 4 AM to make the donuts. (and that was it for the day)
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DD coffee is the best! I normally drink my coffee black without sugar. But I really like the taste of DD with cream and sugar.

DD coffee with a sour cream or blueberry donut. Mmm mmm good!
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Forget the coffe, SOME of those beach ladies are the ticket-:)- just came from Gulf Shotes for some recoup time and my oh my, some very fine females that I would eat donuts with. But being married has its drawbacks :lol: :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,955 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last DD I was in, some years ago. was run by Pakistanis. They made the donuts fresh every 4 days. Not surprisingly they are out of business now, and I have not been in a DD in over a decade. We have Crispy Cream here, and those are way, way too sweet. Not a bite of donut since I started the diet over a year ago, but thanks for the memories Ricci.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know about your neck of the woods, but here in Orem the Dunkin Donuts store still makes them fresh every four hours. And they do it right in front of the customers