In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Diablo 12 gauge pistol

buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Diablo 12 gauge pistol. break open action. looks fun!

diablo-blue-rosewood-107.jpg

...but it's a black powder smoothbore. takes 209 primers. the shroud must cover some sort of selector/transfer mechanism.

I think shotguns, being smoothbore, have to have a certain length of barrel and a certain overall length, so they can't be made as pistols.

unless they're black powder.

"A 12 Gauge Double Barreled powerhouse, break open action using conventional breech plug design with common 209 primers. The Diablo shotgun pistol is quite possibly one of the most powerful handguns ever made. Perfect for home and auto defense and offers the best close quarters deploy-ability of any shotgun. The Diablo 12 with its 6? barrels is your legal-to-own answer for the modern sawed-off double barrel shotgun."

says "No license or FFL required, order direct" and California legal.

http://americanguncraft.com/products/

hmm. what do you think about this.

Comments

• buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    think one of those .410/.45 revolvers would be better?
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yet another answer to a question no one asked.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a fun add to a collection...

Probably banned in Boston.
    "What is truth?'
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a gimmick gun

And yes the judge or defender that shoots a .410 /.45lc, or the raging judge that shoots the .410/45lc/454 casull would be a much better choice in my opinion, and you can get the judge or the defender for right around the same price, and the Raging Judge for a little bit more, then you'll actually have something butt you can use
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a gimmick gun

And yes the judge or defender that shoots a .410 /.45lc, or the raging judge that shoots the .410/45lc/454 casull would be a much better choice in my opinion, and you can get the judge or the defender for right around the same price, and the Raging Judge for a little bit more, then you'll actually have something butt you can use

Although much derided/ridiculed, when I shot my neighbor/Buddy's "Public Defender," I was somewhat surprised at it's accuracy/pattern at bedroom distances. (Ball and three disc ammunition, I forget the name.) [PDX?] I would not hesitate to use one at the distances described.

Would not want to get shot at by one.
  • 320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Makes me go ouch!
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a gimmick gun

Although much derided/ridiculed, when I shot my neighbor/Buddy's "Public Defender," I was somewhat surprised at it's accuracy/pattern at bedroom distances. (Ball and three disc ammunition, I forget the name.) [PDX?] I would not hesitate to use one at the distances described.

Would not want to get shot at by one.

I always thought the judge and the defender got a bad rap. I wouldn't hesitate getting one in a heartbeat. But I'll get Raging Bull so I can also shoot the .454 casull through it when I want to.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions about them getting a bad rap. the Raging Judge would be the perfect firearm to set next to your bed at night, plus take to Kodiak Island in Alaska
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well it looks fun anyways. any 12 ga pistol is going to be fun. :D
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn, I was hoping it was rated for at least 100 grains of FFFg. ;) It would still be fun, either way.

Speaking of fun 12 gauge pistols, this looks intriguing. :shock:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQR21EcH8Rs[/media]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    35 Whelen wrote:
    Damn, I was hoping it was rated for at least 100 grains of FFFg. ;) It would still be fun, either way.

I want one. :o
  • 320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And the guy shot it twice.......
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That SOB looked like it hurt...
    35 Whelen wrote:

I want one. :o
    "What is truth?'
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am still patiently waiting for a modern cartridge adaptation of the stories Lemat revolver...

And than there were the slow rate of fire (100 to 200 round per minute) belt fed automatic shotguns in 10 gauge and 8 gauge similar in external appearance to a browning belt fed platform - meant for vehicle mount or deck mount for marines and the navy...

For close range combat zone clearance the results were terrifying.

Mike
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i76paOzl.jpg

I've got the Howdah pistol. Mine is 20 gauge. Twelve inch barrels. With 50 grains of fffg and a pair of .590 round balls, this is the cat's meow for household defense.