In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who Likes Bacon?

mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
This popped up when looking at talent videos, go figure what they want me to watch.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqwqj4Wu2zg[/media]

Comments

• Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll take two lbs to go please Bacon Bacon who has the bacon :lol: :P
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I pass on the dis-assembly line work looks boring as possible ,
    my BIL ( RIP ) use to work for a company in Georgia that made one stop chicken machinesfor processing plants in go chickens out come parts and pieces

maybe we can use the same plant to process the executed and lifers and feed the short term prisoners
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What amazes me is all the stainless steel

If all the libs had to work a day in that plant, that would be cool, but they still would not understand the workings of business. That evil company that is getting all those tax breaks and prospering off of the labor of others, would be respected if they only know what it takes to create and manage such a facility.

The companies that "got rich" making the machinery and making the steel. The rich pig farmers, the rich shipping and distribution companies. It sickens me to hear fools whine and cry about "tax cuts for the rich".

If they only knew or understood what had to happen just to have that delicious slice of bacon for breakfast.

12925195-bacon-eggs-and-toast-breakfast.jpg

One thing I wonder about is cleaning that processing plant. Do they just shut it down and hose it good? How often? Once a day? Every 2 days? Does each person clean their station?
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    Looks like that vid skips documenting a rather vital step.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bacon you ask?
    Neuske's.
    I am done here!
    mmmmmmm Neuske's...........

I might also add, Neuske's Applewood Smoked Liver sausage/Liver Pate! WOW!!

MMMMMMMMMMM......NEUSKE's!
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The factory is part of the Danish Crown group, mostly in and around Denmark. Look at the size of the giant employees too big to be chinese.

The chinese would be MUCH SMALLER, those danes are giants!!!! in comparison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_Crown_(company)
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Yep it didn't show how they killed them...

But even without that, I think that should be posted on a vegan forum :evil:
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Yep it didn't show how they killed them...

Think I saw a place there they cut the throat, Don't remember seeing a knife so maybe it was automated but it was obvious from the video the pigs were dead when that was done ??? Maybe the DANES don't show how the kill (not politically correct) was made but when the pigs came down the chute the pigs looked FRESHLY dead, or at least stunned into a stupor,, no blood when they were hung up by their legs and throat cut. Then there was lots of blood. Maybe they have a propority pig "sticker" or "brain freezer" high tech and patented.

If it were China they'd have no qualms showing the throat cut and it'd be the absolute cheapest way to get "r" done.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ... and here I am ready to make dinner.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The people don't look Korean. Koreans use "o" looking things in their characters.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rich pig farmer ...my *... 40+ years ago when i was raising a large number in a few days the price dropped 50% and the feed cost went up 35% ...and i went out of business... took almost 4 years to pay that fiasco off with by farming and extra jobs...never had any livestock since......always thought that event was engineered by the packing houses ....or somebody ...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Youtube would pull the vid if they show the actual kill of the animal.

Pig farmers, the unsung hero's of the food world.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thick crispy well done bacon...FOOD OF THE GODS
  • Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The video showed the hogs going live into a CO2 stunner. This machine lowers the "car" full of hogs about 30 feet down into a 90% CO2 atmosphere. When they are dumped out they are all but dead. The hogs fall onto the "shackle table." Then they are lifted by the hind leg where the "sticker" does his/her job. That is the part that obviously isn't shown.

The plant shown is highly automated with an abundance of robotics. It is state-of-the-art.
  • Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mag00 wrote:
    What amazes me is all the stainless steel

If all the libs had to work a day in that plant, that would be cool, but they still would not understand the workings of business. That evil company that is getting all those tax breaks and prospering off of the labor of others, would be respected if they only know what it takes to create and manage such a facility.

The companies that "got rich" making the machinery and making the steel. The rich pig farmers, the rich shipping and distribution companies. It sickens me to hear fools whine and cry about "tax cuts for the rich".

If they only knew or understood what had to happen just to have that delicious slice of bacon for breakfast.

12925195-bacon-eggs-and-toast-breakfast.jpg

One thing I wonder about is cleaning that processing plant. Do they just shut it down and hose it good? How often? Once a day? Every 2 days? Does each person clean their station?

To answer your question about the clean up process, yes they shut down-I USA plants anyway. In a 2 shift operation there is an abbreviated clean up between shifts. At the end of the days final kill the operation is shutdown, machinery is disassembled and prepped for clean up. There is an initial knockdown with high pressure 180 degree water, then cleaning chemicals are applied followed by the 2nd wash and finally a sanitizing solution is applied the equipment, walls , floors etc. USDA then inspects everything pre-op and the equipment is reassembled, followed by another round of sanitizer.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my youngest son helps manage a hog farm I think his section is the smaller feeder then move on to the next stage
    its a large farm and the family does farming , trucking , and several other businesses I know little about all they do have met one of the sons who is over the hog portion nice fellow who also likes cars .. any way it seems when one is struggling the others support whats suffering at the time and around around they go seems to balance out for them so not all eggs in one basket to drag out a old phase
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have bacon every morning!

:D
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock: