In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Manhole to be removed from lexicon in Berkeley

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Manhole cover to be removed from lexicon in Berkeley California along with others because of it's white man's racism at work.

serf

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/18/us/berkeley-gendered-language-ban-trnd/index.html

Berkeley's municipal code currently contains mostly masculine pronouns, the office of the city manager said in a letter to the mayor and city council.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With all the problems they have in CA this isn't one of them.

This is what I call Pole vaulting over mouse turds.
    RLTW

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANK GOD...now ALL their problems will be solved!!!!!...........but what about the mannequins serving on the city council ???????
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In related news, a popular brand of soy sauce has been renamed "Kikkoperson".
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    May as well take them all out of service also, if they remove all of them from the public streets and such, it should slow traffic enough they can do away with all the " police MEN " also,.....
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably few men there anyway. I have been hearing Los Angeles has a major rat problem and they are spreading typhus. Perhaps the word "RAT" should be prohibited.
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please please please let this be fake news...

My God, we?re in trouble if that nonsense spreads...
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's not fake news...it's true.

I suppose it's sexist.

ON that front, I'm confident it would have been changed some time ago if instead of Manholes they were called Womanholes.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    serf wrote:
    Manhole cover to be removed from lexicon in Berkeley California along with others because of it's white man's racism at work.

serf

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/18/us/berkeley-gendered-language-ban-trnd/index.html

Berkeley's municipal code currently contains mostly masculine pronouns, the office of the city manager said in a letter to the mayor and city council.

What???? No more manhole covers????
    003600001400.jpg
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,367 ******
    edited November -1
    California started this stuff way back when the movie "GI Jane" came out! For some insane reason, gender has always been a very confusing issue over there and they are trying to inflame our whole country with the spread of this ca ca!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone ever wonder if they are doing all of this stupid stuff to direct attention away from OTHER STUFF they are trying to get away with? :o :shock:
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thought "manholes" would be revered by UCB types :D
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The idiots there have just past insanity to certified zombie ignorant.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank God that the term ash hole is gender neutral so I can refer to these idiots properly. Wouldn't want to offend their delicate sensibilities. Bob

Had to spell it that way for the auto censor. :roll:
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    at least this idiot news is reported ...in sweden and germany it has been VERBOTEN to speak any ill of the beloved migrants , irregardless of the violence and demands for freebies.....citizens are punished if they make negative comments about them even if they have killed a citizen with a grenade ????? and one of these countrys kept their $$$ aid going even when some left it to fight with Isis...and said they should be allowed back into the country like they never left so they could learn that being on welfare is a better deal ???????
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It will never end, the gender card, the race card. America is what it started in the beginning. Now there has to be a word correction for everything lest we offend "something".

Insanity

This is what happens when you let a bunch of scatter brain liberals educate, "indoctrinate" young children. The parents of these dimwits
    are dimwits, their parents were dimwits, so on and so forth.

And worse the majority afraid to say what they want to because of being hurtful.

That is like saying that women are equal, to what? :lol:
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    48327614211_caecd3313c_z.jpg
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wonder what it will cost to review and change all the city codes, not to mention department rules procedures. Might require new badges for the fire and police depending on what's on them now. No patrolmen or firemen for sure.

This is becoming a race to see who can codify the most insane ideas.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Codify! Droptop, you just insulted a codfish! :lol: