In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

We All Live In A Yellow Submarine

BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
I had the car radio going early this morning taking my dogs out for a walk and a swim at the lake before it got too hot.

They played the Beatles "Yellow Submarine" and now.....8 hours later.....I cannot stop it from playing in my head!! :o

I may just have to dig ole Uncle Albert out of the closet for an antidote and counter-act the effects! I know Uncle Albert was a solo Beatle, but he may be of some help here!

Oh crap......All I could find was SGT Pepper's!!! I just need a beer and start fixing a hole before the rain get in. :lol:

Time travel is possible, as long as you have the time. :ugeek:

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We're so sorry Uncle Albert... I mean Brookwood. Has this caused you any pain? :D Bob
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    "IMAGINE" if you could get the song out of your head. :lol:
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now its in my head.......................thanks :cry:
    RLTW

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    Maxwell's silver hammer will get that darn song out! I guaran dang teee it! :lol:
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But we haven't done a bloody thing all day.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when you start seeing pink submarines, stop with the beer............
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brookwood wrote:
    I had the car radio going early this morning taking my dogs out for a walk and a swim at the lake before it got too hot.

They played the Beatles "Yellow Submarine" and now.....8 hours later.....I cannot stop it from playing in my head!! :o

I may just have to dig ole Uncle Albert out of the closet for an antidote and counter-act the effects! I know Uncle Albert was a solo Beatle, but he may be of some help here!

Oh crap......All I could find was SGT Pepper's!!! I just need a beer and start fixing a hole before the rain get in. :lol:

Time travel is possible, as long as you have the time. :ugeek:

You made the mistake of turning on the radio.

I haven't done that for decades......it's all just noise.
    :x
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uncle Albert was Wings, not Beatles.
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He Dog wrote:

Yup sure was. Paul Mcartney and wings. Hence Brookwoods mention of a solo Beatle. I grew up with the Beatles but preferred Wings. Bob
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my first car was possibly a 64 1/2 , 65 mustang
    any way I installed a radio shack 8 track player and the first 8-track I bought was a Beatles played that tape to death .
    working for 1.35 a hour all I bought was a long wait in between :oops: :oops:
    and now I have the song stuck in my head also :( thanks
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BobJudy wrote:
    He Dog wrote:

Yup sure was. Paul Mcartney and wings. Hence Brookwoods mention of a solo Beatle. I grew up with the Beatles but preferred Wings. Bob

I was suggesting if he went looking for Uncle Albert in the Beatles section, that might be why he only came up with the White Album. I would suggest once Sir Paul was in Wings, he was no longer a Beatle, but I suppose one could argue once a Beatle always a Beatle.

I did once over hear a conversation between two young fellows about 9, one of who said to the other, "Did you know Paul was in another band BEFORE Wings?"
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds will clear your head
    ;)
    edited November -1
    Revolution #9 will drive you batshit crazy! But then, if you ever listened to Yoko Ono's "music" if you can call it that..... :shock:
    edited November -1
    I have just had an epiphany! The noise made by rappers & Yoko Ono I will now call...?.MUSICK

MUSUCK is also a great option