In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trumps Greenland

BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
President Trump is the latest of several presidents wanting to acquire Greenland. I don't see why the liberal press is making fun of him for this. After all if the liberals global warming agenda is true, it would make a great summer getaway for them after it warms up a bit. Since the liberals don't believe in legal immigration perhaps they could go there now and get it ready for the rest of us. I'm sure Denmark won't mind. ;) Bob

Comments

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never cease to be amazed that no liberals are ever smart enough to realize when Trump is prodding them into making fools of themselves. Works every time.
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Swards Folly ............ that was about the purchase of Alaska!

:lol::lol::lol:
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    Sewards Folly ............ that was about the purchase of Alaska!

The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    Sewards Folly ............ that was about the purchase of Alaska!

"Seward's" folly... That's the one about the purchase pf Alaska
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    Hey, we can buy Greenland and divide it seven ways. Then there would be 57 United States.
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,278 ******
    edited November -1
    If the Dems keep having their ways, we need to get back to our old expansionist roots and just start taking new places like Greenland. No need to pay when we have such a big expensive military and arsenal to go with! 8-) I hear that Iceland is a very beautiful place in the summer months.
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brookwood wrote:
    If the Dems keep having their ways, we need to get back to our old expansionist roots and just start taking new places like Greenland. No need to pay when we have such a big expensive military and arsenal to go with! 8-) I hear that Iceland is a very beautiful place in the summer months.
    Shhhhhhh......
    A well kept secret!
    Greenland was named as such to attract people. Iceland was named as such, to keep people/immigrants away.....
    Those wacky Norsemen knew what they were doing! ;):D:D
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    denmark runs a regular patrol around the whole of Greenland to retain ownership.....longest loneliest patrol on earth ...men and dog sleds against nature....men would NOT survive without good dogs ...period...so how are the dogs rewarded for their service ...said they did not have a mindset to be adopted afterwards so they are killed...seems a lousy rotten deal....??????
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    spasmcreek wrote:
    denmark runs a regular patrol around the whole of Greenland to retain ownership.....longest loneliest patrol on earth ...men and dog sleds against nature....men would NOT survive without good dogs ...period...so how are the dogs rewarded for their service ...said they did not have a mindset to be adopted afterwards so they are killed...seems a lousy rotten deal....??????

I also hear they still carry the M1917 Enfield bolt-action rifle chambered in .30-06 Springfield because it can stand up to the cold better than anything that's been manufactured since.
  • fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't we buy the Virgin lslands from Denmark back ln 1917 for $25 million? :o
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think a better deal is to trade Kalifornia for it.
  • chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A B-52 out of Thule AFB crashed in Greenland after suffering a cabin fire. It was carrying several fusion hydrogen bombs and the Danes made the US clean up the mess, including carrying away large containers of radioactive ice.

They are probably still pretty mad about it.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    natl geo had a great article on the greenland patrol few years back.. against the odds of nature.... i canceled subscription after murdoch bought it and he closed out the readers response section...just wants yer money and shut up.......fate of those dogs still pizzes me off
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trump sweetens the deal, threw in a new Greenland Trump Tower on Twitter. :lol:
    greenland_trump_tower.JPG
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danes are too far removed and complacent to see the value of the Dom of real estate.

Trump knows real value and goes for it to MAGA... :ugeek:
    "What is truth?'
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jimdeere wrote:
    Hey, we can buy Greenland and divide it seven ways. Then there would be 57 United States.

No, it might then be 50 united states, and 7 divided ones that think their failed/failing system is the right one.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Denmark offered to buy the US. They figure we can use good health care.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    President Truman tried to Greenland back in 1946. They didn't make a big deal out of it back then.
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jimdeere wrote:
    ;) I see what you did there