In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

wearytravler or others,,

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
who have resound, VA hearing aids. I got the little box to hook up to tv to transfer volume straight to the hearing aids, only problem is I can turn the volume on tv off, mute, and then take the hearing aid remote and turn it as low as it will go with aids, and it is still so loud it is almost screaming volume. can I turn it down anymore or does the tech at the VA have to do it on her computer?? and if so will I need to take the box with me to get the volume adjusted down???

Comments

• Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That box is great!

As far as I know, there are 2 ways to turn down the volume.

Both are in the signing "my control" app... Other than that, I don't know. I'd try the slide bar in the "TV" mode.

Both come up for me when I open the app. Not sure if that's the way yours is configured.

Hope this helped!

And
    334254_710c750d3cf1fcf0a7fbaf5dcf7d9739.png334254_277b31378893bcf496396ea64a326bbd.png
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thats the one I mean, I have both the tv itself muted and the slidebar down as far as it goes and the volume it still to loud to be comfortable, I have an appointment in the morning with my cardiologist, I may go upstairs and just ask them, will throw the tv gadget in truck just to be safe, I know she adjusted mine on her computer last time. thanks anyway weary
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know that my VA hospital / audiologist has a walk in clinic during the morning. Hopefully yours will too.

Good luck!
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know that my VA hospital / audiologist has a walk in clinic during the morning. Hopefully yours will too.

Good luck!
    don't you go to the clarksburg VA?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep. It's a long drive. But I like the audiologist
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hillbille wrote:

don't you go to the clarksburg VA?
    Let me know how it goes. These hearing aids are great.

My charger is acting wonky and they're telling me to come in for a walk in. It's 1.5 hours each way. I'm thinking it's more efficient for me to just mail the charger to Denver and let them repair or replace it.

Either way - best of luck with going in. The Clarksburg VA hospital has always treated me great.
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hillbille wrote:
    who have resound, VA hearing aids. I got the little box to hook up to tv to transfer volume straight to the hearing aids, only problem is I can turn the volume on tv off, mute, and then take the hearing aid remote and turn it as low as it will go with aids, and it is still so loud it is almost screaming volume. can I turn it down anymore or does the tech at the VA have to do it on her computer?? and if so will I need to take the box with me to get the volume adjusted down???

Did you get the box from the VA?
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Grunt2 wrote:
    hillbille wrote:

Did you get the box from the VA?
    yes box and aids both from VA, I pulled a duhhh, there is a small rocker button on the top of the box has +/- for volume from the box, guess I should have read the instructions...... :roll: even if you mute the TV you can control the volume from the box, then it over rides the remote for the aids

weary I thought you were in the Fairmont area?? would only be 1/2 hour. I'm just outside parkersburg 73 miles for me...
    but like you said I have had nothing but the best of treatment from them
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hillbille wrote:

weary I thought you were in the Fairmont area?? would only be 1/2 hour. I'm just outside parkersburg 73 miles for me...
    but like you said I have had nothing but the best of treatment from them

Nahh... I live outside of Moorefield / Petersburg. Long drive on windy 2 lane roads... :(
    - GEORGE ORWELL -