In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• castingcasting Member Posts: 110
    edited November -1
    Well, Eddie Money, Ric Ocasek, who is #3 gonna be?
  • WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    casting wrote:
    Well, Eddie Money, Ric Ocasek, who is #3 gonna be?

I keep saying Betty White, but she proves me wrong every time. :D
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great niche band led by solid talented lead singer...

A late 70's - early 80's desert island disc icon - an MTV keystone and cult classic movie powerhouse...

https://youtu.be/XkSmLh2Hbi0

Mike
    edited November -1
    "Let's Go" lyri
    "Let's Go"

She's driving away
    With the dim lights on
    And she's making a play
    She can't go wrong

She never waits too long

She's winding them down
    On her clock machine
    And she won't give up
    'Cause she's seventeen

She's a frozen fire
    She's my one desire
    And I don't want to hold her down
    Don't want to break her crown
    When she says

"Let's go"
    I like the nightlife baby
    She says
    She says
    "Let's go"

She's laughing inside
    'Cause they can't refuse
    She's so beautiful now
    She doesn't wear her shoes

She never likes to choose

She's got wonderful eyes
    And a risque mouth
    And when I ask her before
    She said she's holding out

She's a frozen fire
    She's my one desire
    And I don't want to hold her down
    Don't want to break her crown
    When she says

"Let's go"
    She says
    She says
    "Let's go"

Ooh
    She says
    She says
    "Let's go"

A Philadelphia sound - rock and roll meets pop music.

https://youtu.be/ExYsh1W22Wo
    edited November -1
    ;) memories.

A 1966 Ford Mustang Sprint Package Special coupe...

The cutting edge bright orange digital LCD glow from the Kmart brand aftermarket sparkomatic am fm stereo cassette player installed in the dashboard...

The single in the center of the dash speaker factory cut out now sporting a JC Whitney twin speaker upgrade - with reverb...

Door card cut outs added and crutchfield automotive speakers with mini woofer and tweeter on both sides - a matched pair...

The rear window package tray now cut out to accept two radio shack JVC speakers with mini woofer and tweeter - a matched pair...

An under dash multi slide control equalizer with red / yellow / green indicator level lights and a "loud" button...

On the back seat - in each corner of the back seat are two Sears brand stereo system bookshelf speakers wired into the system - male / female connectors so you could move them from house to car as needed...

A small Bass heavy circular speaker under each bucket seat...

The sprint package came with a rally pack gauge cluster and a deluxe wood grain floor console - a 140 mph speedometer...

The console was integral to the cruise-o-magic transmission floor shifter (an automatic transmission that allowed you to shift manually - featured a hidden compartment were you stored your cassettes...

Dash pad mounted cobra radar detector of course.

Burgundy paint and a black vinyl top - black pony interior and NASCAR style aluminum slotted wheels with hard compound modifier 70's...

Rear tires bigger than the front - Gabriel adjustable air shocks and a true split rams horn manifold dumping into dual exhaust - fiberglass resonator glass packs...

Straight six 300 cubic inch power plant upgrade bored 30 over - balanced and blue printed with twin carbs...

Forced cold air - ram air twin intakes...

The cars and the hooters and Tommy conwell and George thouroughgood and the police and squeeze and Joan jet - Pierre Robert (Philly's true radio DJ) Tod rungren...

The soundtrack and road noises of my youth.

Mike
    edited November -1
    :P Paulina poreskova???

Mike
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RIP Ric thank you for the hours of music I listed too as a younger fellow

Oh Mike LOL :D
    my first car was a 65 mustang I was told a 64 1/2 but di dnot matter ( and still dear to my heart ) but sounds a lot like your 66
    mine was 289 4 speed bright red a radio shack 8 track tape player sparkomatic speeakers thought I was livigng the high life , moved on to a lot faster cars but th eold mustang still lights up so many good times in my life if only 800.00 I spent for it could buy that much happness and fun today,

the book shelf speakers and stero boster for the radio came along in 78 when I bought a new mustang "king cobra"

;) memories.

A 1966 Ford Mustang Sprint Package Special coupe...

The cutting edge bright orange digital LCD glow from the Kmart brand aftermarket sparkomatic am fm stereo cassette player installed in the dashboard...

The single in the center of the dash speaker factory cut out now sporting a JC Whitney twin speaker upgrade - with reverb...

Door card cut outs added and crutchfield automotive speakers with mini woofer and tweeter on both sides - a matched pair...

The rear window package tray now cut out to accept two radio shack JVC speakers with mini woofer and tweeter - a matched pair...

An under dash multi slide control equalizer with red / yellow / green indicator level lights and a "loud" button...

On the back seat - in each corner of the back seat are two Sears brand stereo system bookshelf speakers wired into the system - male / female connectors so you could move them from house to car as needed...

A small Bass heavy circular speaker under each bucket seat...

The sprint package came with a rally pack gauge cluster and a deluxe wood grain floor console - a 140 mph speedometer...

The console was integral to the cruise-o-magic transmission floor shifter (an automatic transmission that allowed you to shift manually - featured a hidden compartment were you stored your cassettes...

Dash pad mounted cobra radar detector of course.

Burgundy paint and a black vinyl top - black pony interior and NASCAR style aluminum slotted wheels with hard compound modifier 70's...

Rear tires bigger than the front - Gabriel adjustable air shocks and a true split rams horn manifold dumping into dual exhaust - fiberglass resonator glass packs...

Straight six 300 cubic inch power plant upgrade bored 30 over - balanced and blue printed with twin carbs...

Forced cold air - ram air twin intakes...

The cars and the hooters and Tommy conwell and George thouroughgood and the police and squeeze and Joan jet - Pierre Robert (Philly's true radio DJ) Tod rungren...

The soundtrack and road noises of my youth.

Mike
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most of their LP's in our collection.
    RIP Rick.
    Thanks.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    :P Paulina poreskova???

Mike

Dibs. I'll give her two years for mourning. That'll give me time to get my gut banded so I will weigh 130 pounds like Rick. I remember she like the skinny tall fellers (I get tall covered). I may have to get a nose enlargement to make me look like big bird. She pretty much look like she did in "Thursday" last time I saw her.

Again, I call dibs, y'alls.
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    RIP Ric Ocasek. One of the most unique bands "Cars", was that I liked every single song on their albums! I cannot say the same thing about most other bands. I'd buy an album for one or two or three good tunes but to enjoy every song from a group was never experienced by me until the Car's came along!
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many have already left us. Looking at those who are left are in their late 70s and even 80s: Jagger, Clapton, McCartney, Page, Fogerty, Gibbons, Lee, and the list goes on. The new stuff sucks. Thank goodness for records.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Cars was my very first cassette tape. My parents bought me a boom box for Christmas one year and said I could pick out one cassette tape to go with it.

I agree Brookwood, I liked almost all the Cars songs on the albums. Even if I didn't love them, I never felt like changing or skipping unlike most bands. In fact, my mom would sometimes ask if she could borrow it to put on the living room stereo. She liked to play it while cleaning because it was high energy.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.