In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Got One!

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
It has been rough around these parts the last couple of years. EHD hit us pretty hard in 2012-13.
Our numbers are way down.
This deer is the first one I've had in my sights and I was not going to let him walk. Freezer is getting pretty low.
This picture is just seconds before my shot. I mouth grunted him to stop him.
I shot him at 6:32. My shot was a little too far back and since it was still real early, I sat until 9.
I gathered my stuff and entered the timber towards the river just ahead of where I saw him enter.
He had run 100 yards, made it across the river, and was done for just on the other side.
Not my biggest by any stretch but, not my smallest by any stretch. It is meat in the freezer tho and I am happy.
[img][/img]deer%202015.jpg

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Yulp, had a buddy of mine drive some deer for me...prayin for antlers but just a bunch of doe, then I realizedd the biggest one(115 lbs) had only three feet the other was shot off, so I took her. I felt really bad for her..[V] I'll try to see if s.gun or I can get the pics up.
  • wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats, nice deer. That will be some good eating.
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on your buck. We were hit last year with EHD, but the deer have rebounded pretty good this year. The EHD seems to run in cycles around here like every 6 years.

Once again, good job on the buck.

Don
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Thanks all.
    Ended up with little over 55 lbs of burger and loin.
    Cooking up the catfish tonight with some mashed taters and gravy. [:p]
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice buck Chief, I have let 6 pass this year on hopes and dreams of a big rack. I had my wish granted Sunday evening, really heavy 10 point picked me right out of the tree at 15 yards. He took off, hopefully he is still around next Saturday :).