In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

X-Bow diffuser (decocker)

Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
Has anyone tried the XBow diffuser (decocker)

This type
https://www.crossbowdefuser.com/

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I'm not a cross bow shooter but that thing looks pretty neat.
  • Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Appears I'm a Lone Ranger.

I bought one ($90)after reviewing and watching you tube videos and first try using the contraption my $900 Barnett Crossbow DRY Fired and broke string. Could have been lots worse. Somehow the string jumped over the top of the diffuser.

I'll go back to using a unloader arrow.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    OUCH!
    At least it was just the string and you didn't get hurt in the process.
  • Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    OUCH!
    At least it was just the string and you didn't get hurt in the process.

Yep, I was lucky about myself.(and the crossbow) I had the foresight to put on safety glasses since is was a first time test. Heck I've worked on bows, etc, and carefully looked at the mating of the string and the end of the diffuser before removing the safety and gently pulling the trigger and all hell broke loose. The string seemed to jump over the top of the moon nock area of the diffuser
    Really lucky that the 185 lb DOA did not explode and some shrapnel get me. Sounded like a 410 shotgun went off.[:0]

I had the bow checked at a shop a to see if limbs were still same tension, not cracked or broken and installed a new string to check all. Will have to install new cables. (will cost about $100 for cables (2) and a string and install. Do not trust the cables since they also took quite a shock load.[:0][:(][:)]