In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wayne LaPierrre

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
indulgent leader of the NRA...spent.......in 11 years $274,000.00 in high end clothing.....$267,4460.00 in travel expenses....$13800.00 for an apartment for a summer intern ??...and in 13 months the NRA was billed $24,000,000 for legal fees ....ahhhh the good life and what else will be uncovered....???????? i gave up on them years ago

Comments

• WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don?t hate do the NRA accountable for what LaPierre did. If they let him get away with it now that it?s known, then maybe / probably.

To me, the NRA is still a worthwhile org. Doesn?t do EVERYTHING but still holds back some gun grabbing.

I hope that they can him for what he?s done. Whether or not it was illegal, it was certainly uncalled for and a breach of member trust.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are begging for money,just got an e-mail from them! They can fish or cut bait! Fire Wayne LaPierre now!

serf

The fact is, your NRA is now facing an attack that's unprecedented not just in the history of the NRA, but in the entire history of our country.

And if this attack succeeds, NRA will be forced to shut down forever.

As you well know, gun haters have tried for decades to destroy your gun rights at the ballot box, in the courts, in the state legislatures and in Congress. But time and time again, they've fallen short ? because the NRA and our members like you have always stood in their way.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    serf wrote:
    They are begging for money,just got an e-mail from them! They can fish or cut bait! Fire Wayne LaPierre now!

serf

The fact is, your NRA is now facing an attack that's unprecedented not just in the history of the NRA, but in the entire history of our country.

And if this attack succeeds, NRA will be forced to shut down forever.

As you well know, gun haters have tried for decades to destroy your gun rights at the ballot box, in the courts, in the state legislatures and in Congress. But time and time again, they've fallen short ? because the NRA and our members like you have always stood in their way.
    The NRA being forced to shut down would be a blow to gun safety training but a huge win for 2A rights.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    so is lapeirre a trojan horse or just greedy??????..........as a co-op board member for some years i had to deal with two embezzlements and when working in the county court house had to deal with one in that office....so i have little tolerance for this type of financial self service above a decent wage and benefits.........now our little towns school system is dealing with an embezzlement of maybe $500K...civil action started and i DAMN sure hope a criminal one follows with long jail time .....again board members failed to be observant..... otherwise i support NRA trying to retain 2nd A
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wherever money flows like a flooding river, somebody will fill his own pool. That's human nature. And Wayne LaPierre is just the latest example.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.