In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

If people don't start praying for these mass shootings we may wind up losing rights.

SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭
Malcontents in violence-afflicted areas are probably making sure violence-prone individuals get the idea to take everybody out.

I posted before but someone suggested we shouldn't worry about it unless and until someone is caught with an actual conspiracy.

They may however, be acting only spiritually.

Why do you think they only set their own neighborhoods on fire when there is a riot? It's not because they want to burn themselves out. It's because the good people around them are praying and leading good, moral, productive lives.

If gun owners prayed and tried not to use violence unless necessary, the mass shootings would stop or only affect those who wish us to feel their pain.

Comments

• medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not sure I follow what you are saying.

The overwhelming majority of gun owners succeed in not using violence on a daily basis. This is not stopping any mass shooting.

These people have a short circuit going on somewhere in their head. No one needs to be analyzed after the fact to know that. No normal sane person walks into a store, theater, bar, etc and starts shooting people.
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The mass shooting, like the one at WalMart in a mall in Texas yesterday where 20 were killed and others wounded, will have the firearm abolitionist spouting off everywhere.
    I really like the talk given by the Texas official who placed the blame where it belongs ........ on the person being mentally screwed up. In part, from playing video games loaded with killing, the movie industry, etc. that glorify killing and social media.
    Such people that carry out these horrible crimes are screwed up mentally and the gun is mearly the tool they use instead of a car, a baseball bat or other object.
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish that prayer could stop evil, but it cannot. Evil people will do evil things. They have no moral issue with killing (or raping or abusing)...we who have a moral compass of any sort (religious or ethical) have a hard time fathoming how a person can do this.
    Sure, but they used to more or less not do what they're doing now. What if there was a movement afoot to seek out unhinged individuals and make sure they get the vibe of shooting everyone they can't deal with?

I am not sure how we would seek out unhinged persons before they committed an act. I sure do not want the government to try and run that program.
    I think that family members and friends need to not be afraid to say Johnny has some issues and needs help. We have stigmatized mental health for so long and then we went to the philosophy that we can medicate everyone back to societal norm and that is most definitely not the case.
    We need to return to the days of long term or permanent mental inpatient status for the safety of everyone.