In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

?Assault Weapons? Ban ?Front and Center? in Senate

lt496lt496 Member Posts: 116
And the beat goes on.... Trump and his intrepid 'team' of republicrats are busy focusing on protecting and defending the entire Constitution, particularly the RKBA and other BORs.

Pffft

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/08/mitch-mcconnell-assault-weapons-ban-front-and-center-in-senate/

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) indicated an ?assault weapons? ban and other gun controls would be ?front and center? when the Senate reconvenes in September."

**Read the article in full if you can stomach it.
"Freedom is not for the timid" III% BFYTW

Comments

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Courier-Journal reports that McConnell was a guest on the Louisville, KY, Terry Meiners Show where he said, ?What we can?t do is fail to pass something,? adding, ?The urgency of this is not lost on any of us.?

Thanks, Mitch. Pass something. Anything. Doesn't really matter, but we just need to do something that shows we care.

NPR reports that McConnell addressed an ?assault weapons? ban, saying: ?We had that ban for about a 10-year period. There?s a good deal of dispute about whether it actually had an impact or not. It?s certainly one of the front and center issues. I think ? probably background checks and red flags will probably lead the discussion. But a lot of other things will come up as well.?

Yes, Mitch, there is little to no evidence that it had any significant impact. It is a non-issue. It is also an infringement. That word should have a significant impact.

Mob rule wins when cowards hold the seats of power.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They will piecemeal it for you so it's palatable for all the hardcore defenders.I always knew after each mass shooting the day would come when the Republic would allow new interpretations of The Constitution and Bill of Rights.The list is endless from central banking to abortions on demand already.

If they strike harder now it may cause more problems however each time a mass murder uses a firearm the iron will become red hot again to strike and form new laws and regulations until they will act decisively when total awareness police state is fully established with 5G with all it's capabilities, to monitor and survey all human affairs action including commerce, political affairs and other day to day activities by all citizens.

serf
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mitch needs to retire or be retired by the voters in Kentucky. He?s worthless.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    All the best constitutional intrusions come from the republicans!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • HessianHessian Member Posts: 248
    edited November -1
    Schumer is an elitist who not only wants to take away citizens active protection, their firearms, he wants to take away their passive protection, bullet-resistant vests. Schumer is a hemorrhoid of the highest odor. :)

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/457039-schumer-proposes-bill-to-regulate-body-armor?fbclid=IwAR1GmL8LD6OiBImJZLh3fu7NAKgOFfnpyVPX9gTW4BVXjNg9nGXPiuiFQYk
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Write your representative and let them know you want universal background checks with teeth. Meaning, if you check out to be a good person who hasn't committed a felony, you can carry anywhere in the USA. I mean ANYWHERE, I am allowed to go, be it Federal buildings, swimming pools, parks, Airport, I mean ANYWHERE.

Also besides being able to carry anywhere, carry any firearm with any accessory, including fully auto and suppressed. The compromise then can be to maybe drop fully auto.

That is the meaningful legislation I might get behind.