In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

244 Years ago - Independence Day EDITED

Comments

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    quote:Originally posted by cwi555
    To whom it may concern,

You may rest assured that the government is watching this forum, and any others like it. I venture to say they are watching what is selling/trading and who it is from and where it is going.

I've worked in many foreign countries where they are not free to speak their minds. China and Venezuela being two of them. Those respective governments simply make a list of all insurgents and their comments. When no one is watching, they simply disappear into the night.

Talk of guns, revolution, etc and surviving the night to speak about it is proof positive that there is hope of redemption. Not much, but a spark at least.

I once witnessed a man chained to a post and summarily beaten to death for trash talking chavez. No one in the Caf? bar could do anything. A squad of heavily armed goons surrounding you has that effect. All you could do is just watch. The sound of his head crushing under the rifle butt was sickening.
    Our U.S. consulate did nothing. Not only did they do nothing, they advised I simply forgot about it.
    While that is the most graphic example I've witnessed, there have been many others.

Without the means to fight, that scenario "WILL" play out in the United? States.
    Do not be under any delusion that it cannot. It already has, both in notable cases, and cases quiet.

The moral of this story is, that gentlemen that had his life beaten out of him received that beating for something he had written 3 years earlier. (so says the date of the article the polica negro's threw on the poor mans body when they left.)

Only those of you who've fought in combat could understand what it is I am saying. But you have been decreed a threat by our homeland security department.

Write what you wish, it is being recorded. Be sure you mean what you say, there will come a time when you are put into a position to put up or shut up. For Julio it was to late to recant.

Think about what your saying, be sure you are willing to back up your words with your *. Otherwise sit down and shut up while you still can.

If I censor myself to please the Nazis; the Nazis win. I will not do so, and if speaking my mind cost me my life or liberty, so be it.

Were they here, it is no doubt the Founders would be nauseated; not over what the politicians have done, rather the derelict of duty by 'the people'.

What has transpired is the exact opposite of what the Founders intended. Fear of the elected has permeated the majority, and that ought not to be. Somewhere during this experiment in liberty, the roles were reversed, and the elected have forgotten to whom they answer. Evidently, the majority have also bought into this, 'we work for them' mindset.

Fact is, folks will have to decide whether they are subjects or citizens. For a few, there was never a question, and the decision was made long ago. Whichever the case may be, rest assured there will be no room for indecisiveness from ANYONE.

'Well, I do not own firearms, so I will sit on the fence.' Really? You'll eventually have to come down on one side or the other when you are told what you can/can't say, how you may worship, or where you may go. How about when you are told that you may only keep a small percentage of the money YOU earn? It is getting pretty damn close to that already. What will you have to say when you are told that your children WILL go to a school that is not of your choosing, and will be 'educated' in a manner that you oppose? One way or another, YOU will be affected.

Want to live in fear? Your choice, but do not look for me or mine to be in your company. I stand firm on the Constitution and the principles of individual liberty, and I refuse to waver from them. The elected have made their choice where they stand. So be it. I have also made mine.

I am a citizen. I refuse to be fearful of those elected, or the acronymic groups they utilize to run roughshod over liberty. Strong words? Maybe, but that mindset coupled with the courage to back it is the only measure to keep liberty from disappearing beneath the waves.

I am reminded of a quote. In fact, it is used by a member on here in his signature line, and it sums it all up quite well:

"Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, - not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him."

R.A. Heinlein
    Very well stated Shane.

I agree and I proudly stand side-by-side with you and my Brothers on the side of individual liberty and in opposition to predatory, tyrannical government.

I have no desire for war, or insurrection, my wish is quite the opposite. I pray it does not come to that dreaded solution and that a peaceful return to the Republic can be brought about.

Regardless, if it does come, here I stand, firm and resolute.

+1 LT,.......and I stand with you and my other brothers here as well.[;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wagon Wheel
    I just haven't felt the urge to post.

It warms my heart to see others have picked up and continued to carry the torch I dropped in frustration.
    Sorry to say, I completely understand. BTDT [V]

It is good to see you drop by and post every now and then.
  • Options
    steveaustinsteveaustin Member Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, some damn fine reading in here. For me, this is the last straw.
    I've been complacent far too long. Then again I have been misinformed for quite some time also. I'm still new here but I have tried to carve out a nitch that would suit my need to spread the word. Our day will come gentleman. Rest assured that we are not alone in our fight and we will regain control of this quasi govenment. And if not, then hell with these idiots in power. Texas will stand alone until we are joined by other states.
  • Options
    chaoslodgechaoslodge Member Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Despair is the ultimate enemy of mankind. More than any other "sin" it wreaks more havoc.

The first and most important battle is getting out of bed every morning.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To whom it may concern,

You may rest assured that the government is watching this forum, and any others like it. I venture to say they are watching what is selling/trading and who it is from and where it is going.

I've worked in many foreign countries where they are not free to speak their minds. China and Venezuela being two of them. Those respective governments simply make a list of all insurgents and their comments. When no one is watching, they simply disappear into the night.

Talk of guns, revolution, etc and surviving the night to speak about it is proof positive that there is hope of redemption. Not much, but a spark at least.

I once witnessed a man chained to a post and summarily beaten to death for trash talking chavez. No one in the Caf? bar could do anything. A squad of heavily armed goons surrounding you has that effect. All you could do is just watch. The sound of his head crushing under the rifle butt was sickening.
    Our U.S. consulate did nothing. Not only did they do nothing, they advised I simply forgot about it.
    While that is the most graphic example I've witnessed, there have been many others.

Without the means to fight, that scenario "WILL" play out in the United? States.
    Do not be under any delusion that it cannot. It already has, both in notable cases, and cases quiet.

The moral of this story is, that gentlemen that had his life beaten out of him received that beating for something he had written 3 years earlier. (so says the date of the article the polica negro's threw on the poor mans body when they left.)

Only those of you who've fought in combat could understand what it is I am saying. But you have been decreed a threat by our homeland security department.

Write what you wish, it is being recorded. Be sure you mean what you say, there will come a time when you are put into a position to put up or shut up. For Julio it was to late to recant.

Think about what your saying, be sure you are willing to back up your words with your *. Otherwise sit down and shut up while you still can.

It is the mentality of people like you why we are in the situation today !

Read this (from the movie Braveheart) and live by it !!

Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Anything less and we are all a bunch of slugs slithering along....

HAve a great day BROTHERS !!!!
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:HAve a great day BROTHERS !!!!And to you and yours too, Brother forester.[;)]
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester

Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Yup, that's it!
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A great day to you brothers. I am proud to be counted among this band we have. Those that have the intestinal fortitude to stand and be counted instead of wearing diapers and hoping nobody smells them.

Lance
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    To whom it may concern,

If I censor myself to please the Nazis; the Nazis win. I will not do so, and if speaking my mind cost me my life or liberty, so be it.

Were they here, it is no doubt the Founders would be nauseated; not over what the politicians have done, rather the derelict of duty by 'the people'.

What has transpired is the exact opposite of what the Founders intended. Fear of the elected has permeated the majority, and that ought not to be. Somewhere during this experiment in liberty, the roles were reversed, and the elected have forgotten to whom they answer. Evidently, the majority have also bought into this, 'we work for them' mindset.

Fact is, folks will have to decide whether they are subjects or citizens. For a few, there was never a question, and the decision was made long ago. Whichever the case may be, rest assured there will be no room for indecisiveness from ANYONE.

'Well, I do not own firearms, so I will sit on the fence.' Really? You'll eventually have to come down on one side or the other when you are told what you can/can't say, how you may worship, or where you may go. How about when you are told that you may only keep a small percentage of the money YOU earn? It is getting pretty damn close to that already. What will you have to say when you are told that your children WILL go to a school that is not of your choosing, and will be 'educated' in a manner that you oppose? One way or another, YOU will be affected.

Want to live in fear? Your choice, but do not look for me or mine to be in your company. I stand firm on the Constitution and the principles of individual liberty, and I refuse to waver from them. The elected have made their choice where they stand. So be it. I have also made mine.

I am a citizen. I refuse to be fearful of those elected, or the acronymic groups they utilize to run roughshod over liberty. Strong words? Maybe, but that mindset coupled with the courage to back it is the only measure to keep liberty from disappearing beneath the waves.

I am reminded of a quote. In fact, it is used by a member on here in his signature line, and it sums it all up quite well:

"Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, - not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him."

R.A. Heinlein
    Very well stated Shane.

I agree and I proudly stand side-by-side with you and my Brothers on the side of individual liberty and in opposition to predatory, tyrannical government.

I have no desire for war, or insurrection, my wish is quite the opposite. I pray it does not come to that dreaded solution and that a peaceful return to the Republic can be brought about.

Regardless, if it does come, here I stand, firm and resolute.

Once again you beat me to it. My feelings exactly Jeff!!![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Once again you beat me to it. My feelings exactly Jeff!!!Hello Jim!

Great to see you posting again. I know you've been busy and on the road, but it is nice to see you pop in now and then to let us know you're still alive and kicking.

Hope all is well with you and the family.[:)]

Take care,
    Jeff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Update - This 4th of July will be 235 Years of Independence from tyranny

As Freemind once said "Global Government Tyranny Day".

Well here we are again...and I've got nothing positive to say!
    Things are really screwed up in the world... and you all know it.
    Buy lots of ammo.
    That's the "Precious Metal" I recommend investing in.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Update - This 4th of July will be 234 Years of Independence from tyranny

As Freemind once said "Global Government Tyranny Day".

Well here we are again...and I've got nothing positive to say!
    Things are really screwed up in the world... and you all know it.
    Buy lots of ammo.
    That's the "Precious Metal" I recommend investing in.

Sage advice, forester, sage advice.

Remember, there are a goodly number of constitutionalists amongst the populous, likely around 3%.

I count you and I amongst them.[;)]
  • Options
    CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
    edited November -1
    I've started celebrating July 10th in addition to the 4th, not because of the liberty I have due to those events ('cause I don't have such liberty anymore), but in the hope that the liberty won by those events, then later lost, can be won again.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Another year, Forester..and a year deeper into tyranny. May there be not too many more.
  • Options
    buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The reflection of what we have become to what we should have been tends to dampen the spirit on this day.[:(]
  • Options
    cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Waco
    Ruby Ridge

Nobody fired...nobody disciplined..most officers commended and bumped up the ranks.Most police officers in this country convinced the jack-boots did the right thing.
    For all we know...one of you cops is Horiuchi.
    Sounds enough like tyranny that it will do till the round-ups start...

And trust me...you better be on the RIGHT side when they do...because we all are not idiots like Koresh and Randy Weaver.

Right there with ya, HB.
  • Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another year, Forester..and a year deeper into tyranny. May there be not too many more.

There won't be.

The storm clouds appeared on the horizon years ago;

Now, you can hear thunder.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,376 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1

There won't be.

Yessir!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Same Crap Different Year !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,376 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1

There won't be.

The storm is gaining strength......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    I'd move ASAP to a state with are more liberties. [^]
    Can you recommend a free state?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Job is too good..........
    Hunting is too good......
    I got the homestead set up too good........
    I just do my own thing......screw em'all
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good to see you NY. Isn't often that you post.

Another year of swirling the drain. Closer to getting sucked down than the year before. [V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Job is too good..........
    Hunting is too good......
    I got the homestead set up too good........
    I just do my own thing......screw em'all
    [:)] Brother Forester.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,484 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I stage my own little rebellion from tyranny each and every year on the 4th.

For over 100 years, personal fireworks display have been a part of the celebration at the lake on which I live. 5 years ago, the county decided to install large 3' x 5' orange signs stating the illegality of personal fireworks, and stating that there is a $ 500.00 to $ 5,000.00 fine for setting them off.

I had not put lighter to fuse on an 'illegal' firework for over 30 years, but this campaign by the county had to be addressed. I drove to the nearest Indian reservation and purchased a small selection of mortars.

Sadly, I was the only person on the lake that year to do so.

Sadly, I was the only person on the lake the following year to do so.

Three years ago, I was joined by one or two families on the other side of the lake.

Last year, it looked like there may have been 5 of us.

This year, I will again launch my now standard display:

A 4" mortar to say hello, followed by a total of nine 3" and nine 4" mortars. Total display takes less than 1 minute, and gets cheers for half a mile up and down the lake. More importantly, as stated above, the tradition of celebration on our little lake seems to be returning, albeit slowly.

The last two years have seen a new warning sign placed on a power pole within 100 feet of my home. We shall see what happens on Monday evening, I guess.

Obviously the penalty for my little protest is trivial when compared to the penalty associated with the protest we will be celebrating tomorrow. As corny as it may sound, however, it is done in their honor.

A Happy Independence Day to all.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    ... it is done in their honor.

A Happy Independence Day to all.
    [^][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello to all of my brothers;

I am still here, lurking and watching in the shadows.
    Firearms sales are still increasing (as per info from my local gun distributor). My liberal state of New York is on the fore front of the "Gun Taking Laws". It has been a slow, deteriorating incremental process that I have observed in my life time of 47 years. I only hope that the final take comes when I can still look through the sites and squeeze the trigger.

I hope you all have a Safe and Happy Independence !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hope you all are doing well. I am praying we get some folks who believe in the Constitution elected next year, but I am not holding my breath. Like you NY, I live in the country and believe in the old Hank Williams Jr song. "A country boy can survive". I truly pity those in the large population centers as it is going to get REAL ugly there when the Chitt Hits the Fan. Much as I hate to say it, I think it will take a global catastrophic event to 'reset' things to where we can regain our freedom. It will be VERY UGLY but worth it.
    [xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hear what you are saying Jim. If that happens most of us will be worm food at best and I don't worry about it. My kids are all feaked out about some crap next December 23 ????? end of the world snit.....
    I keep telling them that if its really the end then you have nothing to worry about.

What we have to worry about is:
    1) Large Electric Grid failure
    2) Economic collapse
    3) Chemical or Biological warfare
    4) Infection Pandemic

and not in any particular order.
    There are many other things to worry about like floods, fires, meteors ect.........but they are either relatively small as in the case of floods and fires, or large as in the case of meteors. I don't worry about meteors or super valcanos. If that crap happens, we are all dead incuding the rats and ants !

Buy ammo - keep it dry !
    Plant a garden - do some canning
    Stock rice, beans and toilet paper
    Know your compound well and how to secure it.
    Thats about all you can do !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hear what you are saying Jim. If that happens most of us will be worm food at best and I don't worry about it. My kids are all feaked out about some crap next December 23 ????? end of the world snit.....
    I keep telling them that if its really the end then you have nothing to worry about.

What we have to worry about is:
    1) Large Electric Grid failure
    2) Economic collapse
    3) Chemical or Biological warfare
    4) Infection Pandemic

and not in any particular order.
    There are many other things to worry about like floods, fires, meteors ect.........but they are either relatively small as in the case of floods and fires, or large as in the case of meteors. I don't worry about meteors or super valcanos. If that crap happens, we are all dead incuding the rats and ants !

Buy ammo - keep it dry !
    Plant a garden - do some canning
    Stock rice, beans and toilet paper
    Know your compound well and how to secure it.
    Thats about all you can do !

Funny you mentioned toilet paper. A friend of mine said several years ago, "To hell with gold, just have a truck load of toilet paper and guns and ammo to protect it and you you can barter for anything else you may need"![;)]
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jpwolf

Yup, that's it!

Freedom is already lost, but were working to restore it.

http://opencarry.org/index.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Happy Independance Day to all of my brothers. We wake up, go to work, come home and repeat just waiting to see how this show is going to unfold. All I can say is - Prepare for the worst....Hope for the best !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It seems to just keep going downhill, doesn't it? We traded one crown all those years ago, for hundreds now. Every senator, congress critter, the PoTUS, all petty little kings/queens demanding fealty or they will punish you. And we the people seems more and more powerless to stop the slide into absolute despotism. I'm afraid of the world that my child is going to be left in if we can't find a way to roll back the flood of governmental encroachment of individual liberty....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Great to see ya post Forester, I hope everything is ok for you!
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    Great to see ya post Forester, I hope everything is ok for you!

^^^What he said.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,285 ******
    edited November -1
    Happy Independance Day to all of my brothers. We wake up, go to work, come home and repeat just waiting to see how this show is going to unfold. All I can say is - Prepare for the worst....Hope for the best !
    Same things are happening here. Trying to be prepared as I muck along.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't get visit this site as often.....Glad to see a few are still standing at the wall !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't get visit this site as often.....Glad to see a few are still standing at the wall !
    The ranks are getting pretty thin up here on the battlements......
  • Options
    JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Unfortunately the ranks are thin, too bad Highball and the rest of the crue isn't around except for some at least and good to see that there are still some left; although I know that he has better things to do than banter with the trolls on here.

Regards
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What ever happened to Highball ?
    I'm sure *'es are still out there and their beliefs have not changed. It just life....it takes you in many directions !

quote:Originally posted by Juggernaut

Unfortunately the ranks are thin, too bad Highball and the rest of the crue isn't around except for some at least and good to see that there are still some left; although I know that he has better things to do than banter with the trolls on here.

Regards
    Abort Cuomo