In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

244 Years ago - Independence Day EDITED

Comments

• Options
    JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    What ever happened to Highball ?
    I'm sure *'es are still out there and their beliefs have not changed. It just life....it takes you in many directions !
    quote:Originally posted by Juggernaut
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    I don't get visit this site as often.....Glad to see a few are still standing at the wall !
    The ranks are getting pretty thin up here on the battlements......

Unfortunately the ranks are thin, too bad Highball and the rest of the crue isn't around except for some at least and good to see that there are still some left; although I know that he has better things to do than banter with the trolls on here.
    Regards

Hi nyforester,

Last I heard Highball got hitched or something if that's correct and was just livin like us but that will do it and can take up time and is good that he has a family life...forums can only last so long as arguing rarely progresses into anything but arguing.

I see some of the CA's around from time to time and although I never joined I consider myself amongst the ranks of other Constitutionalist brothers and sisters whomever they might be.

Say you ever going to move to a state other than ny? Although if you and your family like it thats all that matters and I guess we have to have some minutemen in every state.
    Just don't let them push you or anything but keep your head as well you know; I just couldn't live in one of those states. Guess you would have to change your name if you did move, lol...

2A/RKBA MOLON LABE!
    Regards
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,359 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Highball was locked out for a spell for having a different opinion than the site owner. He has been unlocked for ages, but refuses to return, and I don't blame him one bit. That's one thing great about the CAs. You don't have to be, to be, and this includes those forged in the same fire, but that just don't happen to have a number. Where ever they might be, you know they are pulling more than their share of slack.
  • Options
    JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball was locked out for a spell for having a different opinion than the site owner. He has been unlocked for ages, but refuses to return, and I don't blame him one bit. That's one thing great about the CAs. You don't have to be, to be, and this includes those forged in the same fire, but that just don't happen to have a number. Where ever they might be, you know they are pulling more than their share of slack.

Hi Horse Plains Drifter,

Yeah I heard about that too and don't blame HighBall at all either.
    No you don't have to have the CA number to be a true Constitutionalist, which I most certainly am along with several others here and elsewhere. Unfortunately however as we know there are also traitors to the Republic as well which believe in a compromising and progressive collectivist system which is blatantly wrong, grossly unacceptable and utterly anti-Constitutional to say the least.

I refuse to recognize or follow a government, its flag or any state that refuses to recognize and honor the Bible and the Constitution. Some don't even realize that we are persecuted and disregarded by them and forced to follow their 'concentration camp' or else ideologies and some worse than others and the reason being is that they are textbook 'sheeple' by definition or just flat out traitors.
    This government under their flag and several states that believe the same, represent anti-Constitutional beliefs, h0m0sexual military, jbt police force, illegal immigration, crooked 'rich only club' economics, anti-GOD society, murder of babies as 'abortion', exploitation and slaughter of other countries, etc, which is NOT in-line with our Constitution or the Republic and that is why.

And I am not talking about protesting by not getting a drivers license, not paying your taxes, flooding the legal system with legal claims, or any of that sort of thing either; as that will just get their jbt gestapo henchmen after you, actually its alot more like occupied France when the nazis were in power.
    Such as it is these are my beliefs and they don't have to be anyone else's although I would think that there are many others that do believe this as well.
    I don't force my beliefs on anyone else and expect the same although disagreement is another matter. However if one avoids the government controlled media then they will find that all of these things are true and go against the Bible, the Constitution and our Fore Fathers.
    Our banners are the Revolutionary Flag, the Gadsden Flag and some select others that represent true Republic Constitutionalism and anti-tyranny.

Regards
  • Options
    zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We, the few left, are still around. We don't spend the time here as we used to. The "powers that be" seem to no longer allow us to express our views as we see them. It used to be "GOD, guts and guns" and now it is "pop pistols and beer bellies", GOD is not allowed.

Lance
    CA #18[:D]
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But we still all believe - "Only from my cold dead hands" !!!!
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,359 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    But we still all believe - "Only from my cold dead hands" !!!!
    YES we do!!! Always great to see you post!! I hope everything is well with you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well - here we are again. Life and liberty are still present, but freedom is really beginning to diminish. Here in New York our corrupt governor and his bad of criminals in Albany have began their illegal firearms taking. It will commence April 15, 2014. I am sure there will be fireworks then.

Happy Independence day to all !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well - here we are again. Life and liberty are still present, but freedom is really beginning to diminish. Here in New York our corrupt governor and his bad of criminals in Albany have began their illegal firearms taking. It will commence April 15, 2014. I am sure there will be fireworks then.

Happy Independence day to all !
    Stand fast, and hold steady, sir, and rest assured you are not alone. Righteousness will prevail!!!
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Colorado, the new draconian laws took effect on the 1st of July.
    So close to when our country declared it's independence and gained it's freedom, this state LOOSES some of theirs. [V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pretty sad when only 2 "old Timers" reported in........

Wonder where everyone is ?
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty sad when only 2 "old Timers" reported in........

Wonder where everyone is ?

Off enjoying the weekend....reminding the folks around me what this celebration is really about.

Nice to see you on the board again.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    some of us remain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Happy July 4, 2014

America is not free and getting worse. Time is close to take back our freedom !

Stay safe and stay Red, White & Blue !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is one of the old timers, just saying I'm still here, and NOT happy with the way things are going.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Here is one of the old timers, just saying I'm still here, and NOT happy with the way things are going.
    Yep, and here is another one. To all the true American Patriots: Keep your eye on the ball, and NEVER give up hope. The day is soon coming where our country will ONCE AGAIN need GOOD, STEADY, and STRONG people to stand between that Lady with the torch, and the Devil. Righteousness WILL prevail.

Have a great Independance Day! Go break some "laws", and screw with "the man".[;)]

CA #8[^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Glad to see you gentleman still breathing Oxygen. Here in New York the laws are bad. Our Governor is a tyrant and money grabber. Even the law men around here are not happy with the "SAFEACT".

2016 will be pivotal and I believe will pave the way to this nations success or failure.

Keep your head down and your powder dry !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    a really old timer here, i bought my own .22 ammo for a single shot rifle my dear Aunt Viola gave me at 12 y.o., my Uncle Harvey gave me 50 cents and took me to town, pop. 237, at the general store where my Uncle was well known, i bought a box of .22 shorts, a "Sugar Daddy", and 7 "Double Bubble" gums and i was broke !

at 15 i had a drivers license, drove myself in my own 1940 Ford to a gun shop and bought a Winchester M-92, 25-20 rifle and 2, 50 round boxes of ammo, spent my entire $30.00 i got for working on farms during my summer vacation of 1952. BTW, the only "paperwork" was my $30.00 to the shop and a receipt for me.

FREEDOM ????

remember when the cry baby liberfools demanded we, "just stop smoking on airplanes" look where that got us, any smoker now is looked upon as a criminal. cap guns... ? when was the last time you saw kids playing cops and robbers or cowboys and indians with their Roy Rogers cap guns ?

WHEN did it all start you may ask ? let me take you all back to November 22, 1963. from that date forward, AND thanks to the whiners, cry babies,liberals and commies in our Gvmt., there have been more laws made AGAINST us CONSERVATIVE American citizens than the U.S.A.'s first 180 years !!!!!!!!

NO !! it is NOT time for a "Civil War", it may soon be time for a real second American Revolution.

i believe i was fortunate to have been born and raised during an era of 99.99% pure freedom
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well here we are again brothers in arms. Nothing has gotten better....only much worse. We have no leader, and no prospects. we are in a death spiral. If you think things are good, get your head out of the sand. Prepare now for some bad poop that is coming. You can only hold back the flood of the dam so long but eventually the dam will break. Gotta pay the piper some time. Good luck and happy 4th.

Oh yea, Sparklers are now legal in NY. WOW, still a long way from real freedom !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, things keep marching toward a reckoning that will be terrible. But it is necessary if we are to save our republic. Great to see ya post Forester, hope you're doing ok. Patriot ranks on here keep getting thinner, and thinner. On a good note however, I keep bumping into more local patriot types. Keep yer powder dry![^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Figured I'd hear from you ! Glad you are still lurking in the shadows also. Someone has to keep the light on, right !! Everything I've been hearing is that the crap hitting the fan is close and even law enforcement will be scrambling for themselves. We had a few prisoners escape not far from me. You should have seen the locals with guns. They were carrying while mowing the lawn, walking the dog and going out to get the mail. There is a lot of gun people in the states. Gunna be real hard to disarm us !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Happy 4th to all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Happy 4th everyone. Terrorism and Hillary - the two things this country needs to get rid of. Not much has changed since the inception of this tread. Gun rights going away daily. Finally - at least we can have fireworks legally in NY without going to jail ! Be safe.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Happy 4th to all Patriots! Still hanging in there, but growing weary.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Glad to see you are still around Drifter. Shoot strait and keep the powder dry. I've got a feeling bad hard times are coming !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Happy holiday to all again this year. Thanks for bringing this thread back up.

Seems like less and less of us each year.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1

Glad to see you are still around Drifter. Shoot strait and keep the powder dry. I've got a feeling bad hard times are coming !
    +1 Glad there are still a few patriots on this forum.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pretty sad...years ago there would have been 20-50 comments. Are people giving up the fight ?
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty sad...years ago there would have been 20-50 comments. Are people giving up the fight ?

No.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Many of the constitutionally minded individualists that haunted this forum got locked out.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Many of the constitutionally minded individualists that haunted this forum got locked out.
    Yep imagine that, on a gun forum of all places....[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Remember Highball ??
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Remember Highball ??

Every day.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The great purge exposed the differences between those who advocate for 'Gun Rights' and those who advocate for the individual liberty and rights enumerated in the 2nd Amendment. Most on this forum support the legislated access to firearms provided by Federal and Local laws wherein individuals are granted by law the ability to buy/possess firearms of defined types. This is inherent in the support of the FFL/NICS system, yet is counter to the spirit and letter of the concept of and individual right that shall not be infringed.

It is the same discussion we see when comparing and contrasting 'Gun Rights' groups vs. pro 2nd Amendment groups. Perhaps the very obvious difference is lost on some. More seem to believe that so long as they have access to what they want, it matters little that the rights of others are infringed.

Regarding the OP, and restating much of what I stated 5 years ago.

Fireworks are illegal in my county. 10 years ago, the county saw fit to erect large orange signs noting this fact and stating the penalty for setting off fireworks.

Prior to that I had contributed to the fund for the large barge show on the lake, but did not buy any of my own. The year of the sign, however, I did buy mortars, and sadly, on a lake that used to be full of people celebrating their freedom, I was alone.

I was alone the following year.

The third year there were some.

The fourth year there were more.

Fast forward to 2016, there were 20+ people around the lake safely launching mortars into the night sky. I had boxes totaling 36 2" mortars and 18 3" mortars. People from across the lake (appx. 1.5 miles?) commented on them favorably.

The positive that has come from all of this is that during the private displays there was a Sherriff's boat patrolling the lake, and no one was hassled.

No one was even approached.

I decided 10 years ago that I would not be intimidated by those that nyforester refers to as the 'Gestapo' in the OP. I would not hide from them, rather would challenge them on this small scale.

In doing so, it has become apparent that there is a spark of freedom (as trivial as this all is) that exists in the individual and even in some of those who are in a position to squelch it.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

The great purge exposed the differences between those who advocate for 'Gun Rights' and those who advocate for the individual liberty and rights enumerated in the 2nd Amendment. Most on this forum support the legislated access to firearms provided by Federal and Local laws wherein individuals are granted by law the ability to buy/possess firearms of defined types. This is inherent in the support of the FFL/NICS system, yet is counter to the spirit and letter of the concept of and individual right that shall not be infringed.

It is the same discussion we see when comparing and contrasting 'Gun Rights' groups vs. pro 2nd Amendment groups. Perhaps the very obvious difference is lost on some. More seem to believe that so long as they have access to what they want, it matters little that the rights of others are infringed.

Regarding the OP, and restating much of what I stated 5 years ago.

Fireworks are illegal in my county. 10 years ago, the county saw fit to erect large orange signs noting this fact and stating the penalty for setting off fireworks.

Prior to that I had contributed to the fund for the large barge show on the lake, but did not buy any of my own. The year of the sign, however, I did buy mortars, and sadly, on a lake that used to be full of people celebrating their freedom, I was alone.

I was alone the following year.

The third year there were some.

The fourth year there were more.

Fast forward to 2016, there were 20+ people around the lake safely launching mortars into the night sky. I had boxes totaling 36 2" mortars and 18 3" mortars. People from across the lake (appx. 1.5 miles?) commented on them favorably.

The positive that has come from all of this is that during the private displays there was a Sherriff's boat patrolling the lake, and no one was hassled.

No one was even approached.

I decided 10 years ago that I would not be intimidated by those that nyforester refers to as the 'Gestapo' in the OP. I would not hide from them, rather would challenge them on this small scale.

In doing so, it has become apparent that there is a spark of freedom (as trivial as this all is) that exists in the individual and even in some of those who are in a position to squelch it.
    Seems like a lake launch is a safe enough place. We used to see folks light them off in the middle of empty parking lots. Not much to burn there either. [:(]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Fireworks are now legal in NY. It is not freedom based. It is because we have a greedy Governor and he felt he was loosing out on the tax money.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It has been 10 years of gloom and doom since I originally started this thread back in 2007. I read through some of the old posts and realize now that life could have turned out much worse than where we are now. I want to stress that I am not happy at all with respect to the many restrictive gun laws that have been enacted by the corrupt legislators of our nation. If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat and pencils misspell words.
    I finally feel like we might be able to fix the sinking ship created from years of corruption, job and business struggles and overall livelihood abuse to all Americans created by the Clinton and Obama regimes. I am elated and can?t believe things turned out like they did this last election. I used to be so concerned all day long wondering when the bottom would fall out and the crap would hit the fan. Remarkably now, I don?t worry about it too much anymore since we have a real BRASS BALLED leader (Trump) in the White House and people all over Planet Earth finally have their eyes wide open when the USA speaks.
    There is no doubt that the radical towel heads will strike our soil again someday. We all need to be vigilant, ready for anything and stay focused together because we can?t even imagine how bad it will be when it happens.
    For now, the gun/ammo regulations have settled down. It?s time to reflect on the past gun law setbacks (like New York?s Un-Constitutional SAFEACT) put into law by political criminals and prepare for the future attacks on our Second Amendment Rights. If any of you think it is over and the Constitution is safe??..you need to dig your head out of your sphincter. The liberals want to kill the 2nd Amendment and change the United States Constitution in their favor only??.. We have at least another 3 years to work with town and local governments to elect positive thinking; like minded conservatives that want to protect the United States Constitution forever in its current written form. Any changes to that document will mean the end of our freedom?..forever.
    Keep the powder dry and a peace keeper within arm?s reach at all times.
    Happy Fourth of July and be safe when you celebrate our American Independence this year!
    Until next year ?????.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Less of us each year.
    I am more hopeful than I have been for quite a while, but still not holding my breath.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was just reading yet another article about widespread tyranny.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-rejects-gun-rights-appeal-133833522--politics.html
    It's been this way for a while buy now some misdemeaner's you will lose your 2nd amendment rights(not that there's much left to lose).
    Here in Hellinois a domestic battery will do it along with a DUI.
    As many of you know we need the governments permission just to buy and or possess ammunition, only if you have a clean record of course.
    Soon many more misdemeaner's will be added to the list.
    Should have waved the white flag when the British came years ago. Would have saved a lot of trouble and $$$ by being enslaved then instead of the evolution of tyranny we see today.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It has been 10 years of gloom and doom since I originally started this thread back in 2007. I read through some of the old posts and realize now that life could have turned out much worse than where we are now. I want to stress that I am not happy at all with respect to the many restrictive gun laws that have been enacted by the corrupt legislators of our nation. If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat and pencils misspell words.
    I finally feel like we might be able to fix the sinking ship created from years of corruption, job and business struggles and overall livelihood abuse to all Americans created by the Clinton and Obama regimes. I am elated and can?t believe things turned out like they did this last election. I used to be so concerned all day long wondering when the bottom would fall out and the crap would hit the fan. Remarkably now, I don?t worry about it too much anymore since we have a real BRASS BALLED leader (Trump) in the White House and people all over Planet Earth finally have their eyes wide open when the USA speaks.
    There is no doubt that the radical towel heads will strike our soil again someday. We all need to be vigilant, ready for anything and stay focused together because we can?t even imagine how bad it will be when it happens.
    For now, the gun/ammo regulations have settled down. It?s time to reflect on the past gun law setbacks (like New York?s Un-Constitutional SAFEACT) put into law by political criminals and prepare for the future attacks on our Second Amendment Rights. If any of you think it is over and the Constitution is safe??..you need to dig your head out of your sphincter. The liberals want to kill the 2nd Amendment and change the United States Constitution in their favor only??.. We have at least another 3 years to work with town and local governments to elect positive thinking; like minded conservatives that want to protect the United States Constitution forever in its current written form. Any changes to that document will mean the end of our freedom?..forever.
    Keep the powder dry and a peace keeper within arm?s reach at all times.
    Happy Fourth of July and be safe when you celebrate our American Independence this year!
    Until next year ?????.

Thanks Pete. Still a few of us patriots left. Keeping the powder dry and the gun nearby.[:)]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Forester, great to see you stop in. It keeps getting harder, and harder for us Constitution types to feel welcome here, but I ain't giving up yet.