In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bill Weld - 2020

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
edited April 2019 in Politics
Well, it looks like Bill Weld just threw his hat in the ring for the Republican ticket. Folks may remember he last ran as a VP candidate on the Libertarian ticket in 2016. But for Gary Johnson going off the rails then, I likely would have voted for them (primarily because of Weld, actually).

This makes things a bit more interesting from my vantage point. YMMV
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He has issues on some issues, IMO.

A mixed history on the 2nd Amendment.

A seemingly hard-left stance on abortion.

A nuanced approached to the war on drugs, but has supported things (such as free needles to addicts) that insert government where I do not believe it should be.

In the broader picture, however, his public stances with respect to the size of Government, including the size of the US Armed Forces and the meddling in the internal affairs of foreign countries is in line with my thinking.

I doubt he will reach a threshold whereby Trump will be forced into a primary debate schedule with him, but were it to happen, it would be something that would be worth watching.

Dyed in the wool GOPers will ignore him, as he would not bring the hard right social control advocates out to the polls, and would be destined to lose in the General.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele