In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Getting Tough on Mexico

mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Politics
5% tariff starting June 10th and 5% more every month until Mexico gets a handle on the flow of illegals through their country to USA.

Also much traction for private parties building sections of wall cheaper and faster than the gooberment and core of engineers can.

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oooooohhh, Government Motor's will be pissed!!!

I best buy some "good" tequila before the price reflects.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is one way to get Mexico to pay for the wall. Tariffs keep going up then Mexico will start paying for costs of the illegals they let enter their country AND TRANSPORTED to the U.S. Border.

Personally I'd rather the Tariffs stay in place until REAl progress is made on the border. 1000 crossed into the U.S. yesterday in ONE BIG GROUP. Walked under an open fence, crossed the border, lined up and were taken,, ???? somewhere where they were furnished food, shelter, medical care etc. FOR FREE.

Some towns in Central America have large numbers of vacant and abandoned properties.
    https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2019/05/20/central-american-towns-empty-as-migrants-rush-to-u-s-border-loopholes/

Want to avoid high prices from Mexico? Buy from another country LIKE THE USA that doesn't pay Tariffs or just don't buy from Mexico. Mexico will crater, sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now to let ICE do their jobs by un-funding sanctuary cities, punishing any other law enforcement that interfere or do not cooperate with them.

Fining and jailing anyone who hires an Illegal, stopping birthright citizenship for those born from mothers that are here illegally ,
    Giving no benefits such as food stamps, housing, medical care to illegals . Applying voter ID and benefit application regulations to make sure they do not vote and mandatory jail time to anyone who aids them in illegal fraudulant activities, such as false ID's and illegal voting.

All asylum applications have to be filed at the US embassy in the country in which they live.

Create a data base for those deported and severe penalties for those who get caught more than once , such as mandatory work camps for 9 months the first re-entry and double that each time. If they have committed a misdemeanor crime, then apply the 9 months the first time caught . If a felony crime 18 months in prison on top of the normal time that would be assigned for that crime. If the crime is one of causing or committing a death, then mandatory capital punishment after a single appeal within 1 year of the crime. Punishment to be carried out within 15 days of the end of that year.

Personally I believe that is very fair.

The next step, in my mind, is to come up with laws that punish politicians that purposely undermine , propose to undermine , or ignore constitutional laws that they have sworn to protect. Punishment is loss of public office and any benefits acquired.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    mnrivrat48 wrote:
    Now to let ICE do their jobs by un-funding sanctuary cities, punishing any other law enforcement that interfere or do not cooperate with them.

Fining and jailing anyone who hires an Illegal, stopping birthright citizenship for those born from mothers that are here illegally ,
    Giving no benefits such as food stamps, housing, medical care to illegals . Applying voter ID and benefit application regulations to make sure they do not vote and mandatory jail time to anyone who aids them in illegal fraudulant activities, such as false ID's and illegal voting.
    PLUS MORE

Have NO PROBLEM with any of this post and it all should have been done 20 years ago. Big items are hiring and fraudulent ID's. Remember, illegal aliens can get driver's licenses legally.
    This is CRAZY. As of May 2017, twelve states (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Vermont, and Washington), the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico have laws in their books that allow illegal aliens to obtain a driver's license or some type of driving permit.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver's_licenses_for_illegal_immigrants_in_the_United_States
    CRAZY BUT STATES RIGHTS !!!!
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mnrivrat48 wrote:

All asylum applications have to be filed at the US embassy in the country in which they live.

Create a data base for those deported and severe penalties for those who get caught more than once , such as mandatory work camps for 9 months the first re-entry and double that each time. If they have committed a misdemeanor crime, then apply the 9 months the first time caught . If a felony crime 18 months in prison on top of the normal time that would be assigned for that crime. If the crime is one of causing or committing a death, then mandatory capital punishment after a single appeal within 1 year of the crime. Punishment to be carried out within 15 days of the end of that year.

Personally I believe that is very fair.

The next step, in my mind, is to come up with laws that punish politicians that purposely undermine , propose to undermine , or ignore constitutional laws that they have sworn to protect. Punishment is loss of public office and any benefits acquired.
    All great ideas! But unfortunately that won?t fly. While most on this board would be up for it, the libtards out there would raise hell. Remember, ?that?s not who we are...?
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    It is about time.

I like the increases by another 5% every month if/when Mexico does not get a handle on the Illegal Alien situation.

I wonder if/when a Liberal Court/Judge will throw* a Monkey Wrench into the whole thing?

*corrected for spelling.
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if/when a Liberal Court/Judge will through a Monkey Wrench into the whole thing?
    Right now there are probably a dozen of them jockeying for position and wanting to be first.

Darned liberals!
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well the House passed a bill to let illegals vote and now the House is trying to pass blanket amnesty and now you know why they want to do away with the electoral college.

It seems to me the only ones that vote for a democrap are illegals and welfare queens.
    I support Real voter ID

If Mexico doesn't step up helping stopping the flow of illegals then we should close the border. Gallup pole south of the border shows 42 MILLION that want to migrate to the U.S.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    droptop wrote:
    This is one way to get Mexico to pay for the wall. Tariffs keep going up then Mexico will start paying for costs of the illegals they let enter their country AND TRANSPORTED to the U.S. Border.

Personally I'd rather the Tariffs stay in place until REAl progress is made on the border. 1000 crossed into the U.S. yesterday in ONE BIG GROUP. Walked under an open fence, crossed the border, lined up and were taken,, ???? somewhere where they were furnished food, shelter, medical care etc. FOR FREE.

Some towns in Central America have large numbers of vacant and abandoned properties.
    https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2019/05/20/central-american-towns-empty-as-migrants-rush-to-u-s-border-loopholes/

Want to avoid high prices from Mexico? Buy from another country LIKE THE USA that doesn't pay Tariffs or just don't buy from Mexico. Mexico will crater, sooner rather than later.

I was thinking, 1000 could overwhelm a citizen fully armed. Maybe even 10 citizens fully armed. Someone mentions 40 million wanting in? Border patrol and military won't be able to stop them.

The first cockroach caught crossing into Mexico should have been dealt with. Now Mexico can't stop em.

I keep remembering reading about an ant invasion, where the ants keep coming, through fire, and through flood gates. I wanna say Gullivers Travels, but just don't know. This INVASION reminds me of such a thing. We may not be able to stop it. The sheer numbers will overwhelm us.

If now more than ever, one should see the necessity to have fully auto weapons and high cap mags in the citizens hands.

And yes, the American Farmer should be able to benefit from the tariffs. All that food that China don't want, can be used here to fill the gap from slowing the imports from Mexico.

Maybe Mexico can convert the produce fields to pot and export to China? Talk about a win win situation. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a fan of tariffs, but sometimes they are necessary to force the correction of an unequal trade relationship.

Definitely not a fan of using them for something unrelated to trade.

As we all know, an import tariff is a tax on the consumer of the product being imported. The country or companies that are exporting do not pay the tariff, it is the companies that are importing the product.

That said, it appears that, as this latest big group was comprised mainly of Guatemalans, it appears that the government of Mexico, if not complicate in their being transported through Mexico, at a minimum allowed their transit, and it that respect should be held responsible in some fashion.

Now with that said, it is the responsibility of a sovereign to protects its own borders from intrusion by others. The simple fact that Congress has failed to act for the past 3 decades to fix this problem does not make the protection of our borders the responsibility of the Mexican Government.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is the basic fact. Tariffs are the only legitimate tax. Anybody who don't like tariffs appear to be anti American. You may be pro business, but if you favor a foreign entity over the USA business, you are a sad person.

The tariff will equalize the playing field and allow Americans to prosper. HOW IS THAT A BAD THING?

Oh the greedy self serving consumers will whine and cry because of higher prices, while the AMERICAN farmer finally pays on his mortgage.

100% tariff on all incoming goods, $100 admission fee with proper papers every crossing. You pay to get into Disney Land, lets charge admission, and kick them out at the end of the day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not a fan of tariffs, but sometimes they are necessary to force the correction of an unequal trade relationship.

Definitely not a fan of using them for something unrelated to trade.

As we all know, an import tariff is a tax on the consumer of the product being imported. The country or companies that are exporting do not pay the tariff, it is the companies that are importing the product.

That said, it appears that, as this latest big group was comprised mainly of Guatemalans, it appears that the government of Mexico, if not complicate in their being transported through Mexico, at a minimum allowed their transit, and it that respect should be held responsible in some fashion.

Now with that said, it is the responsibility of a sovereign to protects its own borders from intrusion by others. The simple fact that Congress has failed to act for the past 3 decades to fix this problem does not make the protection of our borders the responsibility of the Mexican Government.

While I agree with your analysis, in the end, it is Mexico that is enabling/failing to prevent this migration of Illegals. Allowing masses of people from their Southern Border entry and transit through their Country, in order to facilitate entry in to ours. Unacceptable.

I agree also (fully) that America's leadership, Congress/Senate, is complicit, in it's failure to act. (Shameful.)

I do however feel that Mexico needs to feel the pain of it's inactivity in order to prevent this mass migration. I personally am okay with the Tarriff, as it stands. Increasing it by 5% every month they do not act, even better.

If it were up to me, a few strands of Barbed Wire, some multi-lingual warnings, a bunch of anti-personnel mines. Leave em' lay, (a clear warning to others) would be my choice.

As I have said earlier in many posts, just take a look at Mexico's "Immigration Policy."

Hypocrisy in evidence. Their "Immigration Policy," is much stricter than ours, on every level.

Giving/enabling Illegals the right to a Drivers License, or even better, giving them the "Right to Vote," is Ludicrous and rediculous on it's face. It is time enablers, see Prison time.

As has been stated here many times, "No Country can survive Open Borders, and Welfare."
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
    edited November -1
    Nothing like levying taxes on Americans to try to force the Mexican government to do things. Wonderful plan there skippy.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nothing like levying taxes on Americans to try to force the Mexican government to do things. Wonderful plan there skippy.

Perhaps if Mexican goods were more expensive, Americans would/should look elswhere to buy their products, there " Skippy."

Let that sink in for a moment. If their sheeit gets incrementally more expensive by 5% every month, why would we buy from them.? Not that we should, to begin with.

(And) What is your Solution, Sir?

Yes, lets just keep letting them come in, uninterrupted. That will work out really good for us, in the end.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Perhaps if Mexican goods were more expensive, Americans would/should look elswhere to buy their products, there " Skippy."

Let that sink in for a moment. If their sheeit gets incrementally more expensive by 5% every month, why would we buy from them.? Not that we should, to begin with.

Yes, lets just keep letting them come in, uninterrupted. That will work out really good for us, in the end.
    Why is it up to me to come up with the solution when I disagree with the one being implemented? Last I checked, I was not POTUS. My point stands: taxing Americans is a bad plan both short term and long term to force the Mexican government to do anything. And furthermore, I don't support meddling in foreign governments in the first place.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1

Why is it up to me to come up with the solution when I disagree with the one being implemented? Last I checked, I was not POTUS. My point stands: taxing Americans is a bad plan both short term and long term to force the Mexican government to do anything. And furthermore, I don't support meddling in foreign governments in the first place.

No one ever stated it was upon you to come up with a solution. I merely asked what "Your is your solution Sir?"

You do not "support meddling in Foreign Governments?" WTH, do you think they are doing to Ours? An intervention is necessary in this instance. I support where this is going. Increase it by 5% every month they are not doing ANYTHING, to prevent/reduce this problem. Stop buying from Mexico, until it happens.

Just me.
  • Options
    edited November -1

No one ever stated it was upon you to come up with a solution. I merely asked what "Your is your solution Sir?"

You do not "support meddling in Foreign Governments?" WTH, do you think they are doing to Ours? An intervention is necessary in this instance. I support where this is going. Increase it by 5% every month they are not doing ANYTHING, to prevent/reduce this problem. Stop buying from Mexico, until it happens.

Just me.
    If you support making Americans pay more in taxes, why don't you just donate and leave me and my money alone?
    Frankly, I do not see them meddling in our government's affairs. What evidence do you have they are?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it were up to me, the US military would have been on the border over a year ago with orders to shoot to kill anyone crossing illegally.

The flow of illegals would have ceased within a few days as the word would have spread quickly.

Also, any town, city, state that enacted sanctuary status would have lost any and all federal funding instantly.

8-)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tariffs are not taxes.

The people are not getting taxed, it is COGS. It levels the field from foreigners abusing their people with slave labor, the same thing that causes them to flee to here. So it actually accomplishes quite a few things when properly put in place.

Can help pay for wall
    Can help US farmers and companies compete with cheap labor
    Can punish or persuade Mexico to stop the flow and cooperate with the USA

The dems will not stop it, any time they can dig into the pockets of anybody, they are for it. They may make the "grand gesture", but they will eagerly comply.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    mag00 wrote:
    xxxxx

I keep remembering reading about an ant invasion, where the ants keep coming, through fire, and through flood gates. I wanna say Gullivers Travels, but just don't know. This INVASION reminds me of such a thing. We may not be able to stop it. The sheer numbers will overwhelm us.
    Leiningen Versus the Ants

Hadn't thought about that story for 50+ years. Required reading in High School. :shock: The story teaches any threat can be conquered if man is prepared and resourceful.
    Leiningen is an example of a man who overcomes threats from the external world. Literature at this time was concerned with man?s place in nature, and often the writing of the time declared that nature could not be conquered. But in this story, Leiningen is the victor. He is able to conquer the unconquerable. His estate might be in ruins, and he has lost the crop he was trying to protect, but in the end, he prevails by keeping his life and protecting his men.

The story is also about the value of being prepared in the face of bad news.

Synopsis and downloadable PDF file: Read it, you'll like it.
    https://americanliterature.com/author/carl-stephenson/short-story/leiningen-versus-the-ants
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we are in this FKN problem because EVERY administration since Eisenhower has turned a blind eye to it and ignored the PROBLEM.... COMPRENDE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Droptop. From time to time I remember that short story and found a posting of it.
    http://www.classicshorts.com/stories/lvta.html And yes, it does remind me of the invasion we are currently experiencing. I'm closer to the border, so they'll get to me sooner than others.

Got some range time in today, but as I mentioned, if 40 million come, there will be no stopping them.

http://www.classicshorts.com/stories/lvta.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    IF any prez or congress since EISENHOWER had done SNYTHING about or OPEN borders we would not have this problem now...Ike sent back one million ?? in Operation Wetback in 1954
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I heard today that 90% of the asylum seekers are not showing up for their hearings. Now that is just the ones stopped, not the ones who are crossing illegally with armed coyote escorts.

Looks like Mexico might slowing down the tide a little after DJT promised to put the screws to them if they did not behave.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    how soon will the messicans in AMERICA be voting many new benefits for themselves paid for by working AMERiCANS......like every one gets $32K so they can buy a nice house like AMERICANS worked for......??????????.... try to go to sleep on that democrap proposal
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    spasmcreek wrote:
    how soon will the messicans in AMERICA be voting many new benefits for themselves paid for by working AMERiCANS......like every one gets $32K so they can buy a nice house like AMERICANS worked for......??????????.... try to go to sleep on that democrap proposal

This is the rats plan to take total control of the USA.
    More scum than good people?
    The scum win.
    Do EVERYTHING you legally can to eliminate the demonrat RICO gang or get used to the NWO
  • Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Block the gates,railroad, allow no planes from that country. Black all money transfers, mail.

Bet Mexico would promise anything within 24 hours to solve the problem.

Move everyone we have in camps, etc and push them into Mexico.

Arrest anyone hiring an illegal. Stiff penalties on second offense.

Yep, I know, I must be dreaming. :D