In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I insist on this for illegals

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in Politics
An illegal, if they join the US military and serve this nation should be placed on a list of green card holders at the front of the line for Citizenship. As long as they have an honorable discharge, no violent criminal record and served at least three years they deserve the opportunity to become a citizen of the nation they served. The citizenship test should still be required but if they pass, Welcome to the United States of America.

Comments

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many are already going that route. I do some part time work for MEPS testing applicants and many are foreign nationals.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As it stands right now- illegal immigrants are NOT legally enlisting. You must be a permanent resident alien (green card holder). This WAS providing an expedited route to citizenship.

Our oldest son (my stepson) was born in Great Britain of British parents, emigrated to the US with them at age 6. Enlisted in USMC when he graduated high school. Became a US citizen one year later. An alien cannot be an NCO or officer.

SHOULD military service be a route to citizenship??? Real mixed feelings- I can recall the early days of the "Modern volunteer Army" when we had recruits that did not read or speak English. THAT was a joy......
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    11b6r wrote:

SHOULD military service be a route to citizenship??? Real mixed feelings- I can recall the early days of the "Modern volunteer Army" when we had recruits that did not read or speak English. THAT was a joy......
    I have no problem with adding six months to the service requirement to become fluent in ENGLISH before the clock starts on their military service.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This concept boggles the mind. Do we really want ILLEGAL aliens serving in our military,.....seriously?

I'm not talking about green card holders, I'm talking flat out illegal.

I disagree strongly.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marc1301 wrote:
    This concept boggles the mind. Do we really want ILLEGAL aliens serving in our military,.....seriously?

I disagree strongly.

Same here. If they are illegal, they are lawbreakers and will not honor their oath of enlistment. They are already proven to disrespect America. Not to mention terrorists finding a way in then. NO thank you.

They can just draft women if they run short of bodies.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mag00 wrote:
    Marc1301 wrote:

I disagree strongly.

Same here. If they are illegal, they are lawbreakers and will not honor their oath of enlistment. They are already proven to disrespect America. Not to mention terrorists finding a way in then. NO thank you.

If a child is brought into our country illegally I refuse to think they should pay for the sins of the parents, they are faultless victims of someone else's actions. Therefore as a way out serving our nations military in repentance is a good way to solve the issues of a teen never knowing anyplace except the USA as his or her home.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are FULL...?...Close and Lock the DOOR !!
    Abort Cuomo
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marc1301 wrote:

I disagree strongly.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^

I don't know a single person who has/is serving that would be comfortable in a firefight with someone who has zero allegance to the USA, it's principals and the 'rule of law.'
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    bpost wrote:
    mag00 wrote:
    Marc1301 wrote:

I disagree strongly.

If a child is brought into our country illegally I refuse to think they should pay for the sins of the parents, they are faultless victims of someone else's actions. Therefore as a way out serving our nations military in repentance is a good way to solve the issues of a teen never knowing anyplace except the USA as his or her home.

So the 'children are a victim of circumstances' ........... and are to be forgiven?

And illegal is an illegal.

You are diving a car and a passenger tosses trash out the window, you as the driver are responsible.
    Illegal drugs are found in your vehicle, not put there by you, the car can be confiscated for transporting illegal drugs.

^^^^ both above a victim of circumstances but it's the law. ;)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    bpost wrote:
    mag00 wrote:
    Marc1301 wrote:

I disagree strongly.

They don't pay, they are children.

There are a couple of ways to look at this scenario you profess. One I like is that a baby cockroach is still a cockroach. Some may take that as racist, and that is fine.

The other is that if the parent is so stupid as to put their child in danger, the child must be removed from the dangerous parents. But that still don't mean granting citizenship.

And then of course there is the view that if you throw you baby in a tree shredder, the tree shredder is not at fault. they will learn not to throw their babies in the tree shredder.

Your proposal is a band aid, and nobody learns and it encourages more bad behavior. Punishment for crimes committed is what makes America Great. Fair PUNISHMENT. So the tree shredder is not fair, but effective. Taking the child out of the dangerous situation and returning them to relatives in their homeland is by far the best, but there needs to be a dollar amount assessed to each child return.

Anchor babies if are not citizens no matter what some think. That's like me throwing a ball in somebodies yard and then claiming I own that yard and have rights to said yard. NO.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "An illegal, if they join the US military and serve this nation should be placed on a list of green card holders at the front of the line for Citizenship. "
    I DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What better way to facilitate the over powering of OUR country than to train non-citizens to use our weaponry??
    If you want to "control" the outcome of their invasion---require that all illegals be neutered immediately. See if they really want to stay after that treatment.