In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hurt Locker

wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
Interesting movie on Iraq and bombs...
They have the DVD at the red box $1.00 rentals now.
Worth a look.

Comments

• BIPBIP Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not too bad of a movie, but some parts were a little out there (ie. going out into the ville alone with an M9)
  • Tanker GunnerTanker Gunner Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry but I got to say that move is about as accurate as Rambo 2 is to Vietnam. I spent 29 months in Iraq. Worked with EOD quite a bit and did alot of door kicking. That movie is CRAP!
  • pipe7pipe7 Member Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tanker Gunner
    I'm sorry but I got to say that move is about as accurate as Rambo 2 is to Vietnam. I spent 29 months in Iraq. Worked with EOD quite a bit and did alot of door kicking. That movie is CRAP!

Thats why its called a movie, its just for entertainment no factual[;)]
  • CbtEngr01CbtEngr01 Member Posts: 4,340
    edited November -1
    I thought it was worth watching again. It had some good parts, it had some parts that were out there. Going out in a lone HMMWV, talking to "Victory" on a motorola... I tell ya, that SSG would have gotten popped in the jaw right from the get-go!
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pipe7
    Originally posted by Tanker Gunner

You havent done much here with one post so your opinion is BS
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage

I fail to see the logic in your comments.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No confidence in trolls credentials or comments.
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

I fail to see the logic in your comments.
  • david5711david5711 Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1

way to welcome someone to the forums... [V]
  • wildeman.7.62natowildeman.7.62nato Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Jeez, where do we send a Member 4 Copy of our DD-214s so we can have an opinion around here? Does that go to you or just mail a notarized copy to GB? I liked the movie, I agree, running off by yourself with an M9... probably not going to happen. I like how after having a hard time with the over all mission he still went back, that's real.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Keep it civil folks...no need to start attacking each other. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
  • Engineer88Engineer88 Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was a cool movie. Nothing like doing it for real though.