In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How to request incident report for IED attack

troy2198troy2198 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
I was wondering how you would be able to get the official report of an IED attack. I was wounded in 06 and I am very curious to see what they managed to find out about what hit me and my truck. Also any idea on how to find out who was part of the cash hospital team that treated me? Would love to be able to thank the people who worked on me. Any information or places to start would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• kernel65kernel65 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What was the date and where was the hospital?
  • CbtEngr01CbtEngr01 Member Posts: 4,340
    edited November -1
    The BN battle space owner's OPS SGM and OPS officer.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CbtEngr01
    The BN battle space owner's OPS SGM and OPS officer.

If they're even assigned to that BN anymore.
  • NavyCPONavyCPO Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    it depends on where you were and what controlling command was running the show. CENTCOM Baghdad had a unit that was called JCCS-1 I was attached to them as a EWO Electronics Warfare Officer responsible for the programming and maintaining all IED/EFP jamming equipment (2 tours in Iraq)
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see that this post is a few months old, but in 2005, we kept a database on the sipr that recorded the official report of every IED attack in the Al Anbar province. Don't know about the hospitals. Talk to someone in the IED task force, or an intel guy that can snoop around for you. (I'm not advocating that you do anything illegal. Ensure that anything you take from high side is declassified.
  • nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    dude that stuff would be hard to get I mean that stuff is carried on SIPR networks and that stuff gets wiped from deployment to deployment. You could probably obtain your medical records though
  • SGMBalzSGMBalz Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact your congressman, the military will respond to his staff, faster than they will to you. I will bet you that the incident report is archived somewhere or destroyed, as it is classified info.
  • Engineer88Engineer88 Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck.

We saved all that stuff on the SIPR. Most of which was wiped after we left. Those reports went from Platoon - Company - Battalion - Brigade - Land Owner. I'm not sure what the land owner does with them after the fact.

If you were treated in a hospital they should have a DTG of what happened. That'd be the best way.

You'd probably have to get your congressmen involved. None of the folks that handled that report would still be in that unit.
  • nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    incident reports also arent going necessarily name names or persons per say. Ont top of that its not like its some official document. Some E5 or battle captain just whipped most of those up.