Thanks

Exchange messages with other users about virtually any other topic of interest. Please - no Want Ads, For Sale Ads, auction site support questions, whining, or griping. Be nice.

Moderators: Spider7115, COLT, FrancF, nunn

GreatGuns

Thanks

Post by GreatGuns » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:41 am

"I appreciate GB's forums and the majority of it's members, that's why I'm here." :)

Jim

He Dog

Re: Thanks

Post by He Dog » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am

Wait, I though you were on the Amalfi Coast,how can you be here? :?

gearheaddad

Post by gearheaddad » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:36 am

I'm here because everybody has got to be somewhere.

select-fire

Post by select-fire » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:43 am

It's 5 oclock somewhere.

GreatGuns

Post by GreatGuns » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:11 am

He Dog wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am
Wait, I though you were on the Amalfi Coast,how can you be here? :?
Nope, nothing's changed either. Still leaving on the 23rd, next Tuesday. ;)

Jim

babun

Post by babun » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:07 pm

You will have internet service, won't you????

If you think you can just leave these forums, you're wrong!!!

I will hunt you down and kill you. {after you make me one of your great meals}. ;) :o

GreatGuns

Post by GreatGuns » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:29 pm

babun wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:07 pm

I will hunt you down and kill you. {after you make me one of your great meals}. ;) :o
That's funny. Thanks Bob. I'll only have service at the restaurant, nothing established at the house yet (interior is being painted this week and the garage doors are finally being installed). Not planning on participating here, while there. Just too much going on this short, 2-week trip. As I advised David Nunn, y'all have to put up with me just a bit longer, I'll be gone in Spring of 2020 and don't anticipate participating here any longer. So, instead of hunting me down, please keep the future in mind for a visit. We have turned an "old turd" 150 year old cliff-side property back into a "classic Italian villa," per the neighbors that have lived in the same home for 90 years. Unlike our current home with one guestroom, this has three, two with ocean views. When your room and board is provided, flights into Naples are very reasonable. :)

Jim

babun

Post by babun » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Vedi Napoli e poi muori

Alas, Jim, I won't be coming to Naples.

There's a movie quote that was first said to me many years ago.

"I'm gona put a price on your head so big, When you look in the mirror, your reflection
Is gona want to shoot you in the face."

:shock:

GreatGuns

Post by GreatGuns » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:20 pm

I don't think it suggests that after you see Naples, you will die. It's suppose to be a bucket list reference. I know you know that. ;)

We'll let things play out, then you could give it consideration again when the concept can be a reality. I've also racked up a ton of air miles, most of it is transferable. ;)

Jim

Aztngundoc22

Post by Aztngundoc22 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:57 pm

OK :::

Thanks !!! I guess ???

Thanks !!!
The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?

GreatGuns

Post by GreatGuns » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:16 pm

Aztngundoc22 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:57 pm
OK :::

Thanks !!! I guess ???

Thanks !!!
Kind of an inside thing. ;)

If you don't get it, feel blessed. :P

Jim

KenK/84Bravo

Post by KenK/84Bravo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:14 pm

GreatGuns wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:20 pm
I don't think it suggests that after you see Naples, you will die. It's suppose to be a bucket list reference. I know you know that. ;)

We'll let things play out, then you could give it consideration again when the concept can be a reality. I've also racked up a ton of air miles, most of it is transferable. ;)

Jim

Buddy and I are looking forward to visiting.

Buddy has expressed interest in meeting some (female) French Poodles. He would like to introduce some American Pit Bull in to them.

;) :o :D

GreatGuns

Post by GreatGuns » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:19 pm

KenK/84Bravo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:14 pm
GreatGuns wrote:

Jim

Buddy has expressed interest in meeting some (female) French Poodles. He would like to introduce some American Pit Bull in to them.

Sounds good to me Ken. Just keep in mind there will be a 30 day quarantine on Buddy. We do have a local vet that will keep him happy, healthy and well, in addition to your ability to visit him every day, all day if you wish. Guess that requires a bit longer escape from the USA. Again, sounds good to me. Ever been to Italy, more specifically the southern coast of Italy?

Jim

KenK/84Bravo

Post by KenK/84Bravo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:39 pm

GreatGuns wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:19 pm
KenK/84Bravo wrote:
GreatGuns wrote:

Jim

Sounds good to me Ken. Just keep in mind there will be a 30 day quarantine on Buddy. We do have a local vet that will keep him happy, healthy and well, in addition to your ability to visit him every day, all day if you wish. Guess that requires a bit longer escape from the USA. Again, sounds good to me. Ever been to Italy, more specifically the southern coast of Italy?

Jim

Not Italy, but I lived in Ider Oberstein, Germany for three years. (Black Forest.) And Strasburg, France. (French Alps) another three years way way back in the 60's.

Uhmmnnnn, Buddy is not in to the 30 day quarantine. :o

GreatGuns

Post by GreatGuns » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:45 pm

KenK/84Bravo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:39 pm
GreatGuns wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:19 pm
KenK/84Bravo wrote:

Jim

Not Italy, but I lived in Ider Oberstein, Germany for three years. (Black Forest.) And Strasburg, France. (French Alps) another three years way way back in the 60's.

Uhmmnnnn, Buddy is not in to the 30 day quarantine. :o
Nice, sounds like quite an experience. Would I be correct as to the Germany experience being a US base? As to the vet, she's within walking distance from our home and Buddy would think he's staying at the Ritz. Probably would turn his back to you when it's time to leave. Yea, it's that nice. We had planned to board Smokey with her for her quarantine. She has a beautiful German Shepherd. ;)

Jim

Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:38 pm

I got a little misty reading your post. No, I can't talk right now, but you will be missed. :(

yoshmyster

Post by yoshmyster » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:15 am

babun wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:07 pm

First you gotta have a melt down, then threaten to leave and draw out the exit for like a month or few. Then come back under another assumed name and run amok :lol:.