In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rolling Block?

tido4570tido4570 Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
edited March 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a single shot pistol with a octagon barrel, double triggers, 22 cal., with an arm mechanism that lifts up and a ejection slide that comes out when I lift this arm up. Please email me if you need pictures. I would like to know how to dissasemble it to fix the hammer catch. It has no markings on it except for a four digit number.
Thanks.
Steve

Comments

• Spider7115Spider7115 Member Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sounds like a Belgian or German "Warnant action" pistol, not a rolling block.

pieper%20h%20warnant%20julien-02.jpg
  • tido4570tido4570 Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks similar but the one I have has two triggers.
    For some reason I cannot attach any pictures if you need pictures please email me at
    Tido4570@yahoo.com
    Thanks,
    Steve
  • captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Its BELGUIM made: <E L over G> Flobert Style...Great for CB caps or BB Caps...Don't shoot Modern Ammo in these Guns...Metalurgy leaves a lot to be desired...make a nice Wall Hanger........
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member Posts: 29,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by captkirk3@dslextreme.com
    Its BELGUIM made: <E L over G> Flobert Style...Great for CB caps or BB Caps...Don't shoot Modern Ammo in these Guns...Metalurgy leaves a lot to be desired...make a nice Wall Hanger........

The Belgian Warnant action pictured is not his so we don't know from which country his originated, although it's most likely Belgian as well. The Flobert (pictured below) is a rolling-block action; the Warnant is a rising-block action which is what his sounds like.

ancion%20marx%20pub-03.jpg
  • tido4570tido4570 Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine looks like 7070 but mine has two triggers and the block that lifts up.