In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

14 kids and 1 teacher dead

BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in General Discussion

Another school shooting, this time in Texas. Not a lot of confirmed info yet but all sources reporting the the shooter was an 18 year old local. Words fail me. Bob

Comments

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭

14 kids and one adult this country is gone 😪

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭

So sad all the families just torn apart

Prayers to all of the families and friends

Sad also within 10 minutes the left will be standing on the kids yelling for gun bans sorry pos politicians

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,452 ✭✭✭✭

I seen another story on this where they said 2 dead 13 injured either way tragic

• Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭

....Gov Abbott just said 14 students dead, 1 teacher dead, and the 18 year old POS shooter dead (GOOD!) ...have no idea how many wounded, but 2 were flown to San Antonio Trauma Center, about 80 miles from Uvalde...prayers for all those kids and their families...

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,452 ✭✭✭✭

The report I had seen was a early report from usa today they have since changed the story my prayers to the families

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭

Always upsetting to hear of such violence, however prepare yourself for assaults on your Second Amendment rights by Biden, the DEMOCRATs, and their partisan allies in the media.

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Until we have a change of heart in the country, tragedy's like this will continue.

The left has one goal for this great nation, divide and conquer.

• claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭

18 Children & 3 adults at 7:30 est

• dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,783 ✭✭✭✭

As much as I think the left/commies are brain dead I am ashamed to say that they are outsmarting us. They have been outsmarting us since the 60s. They have out manuevered us on every issue they go after us on.

This hurts. It means that we, as a group, are idiotic screwups because obviously the commies, as stupid as they are, are smarter than we are. Damn it hurts to say that but what other conclusion is there??😔

I have lost a little boy and I am so sorry for these parents pain, a pain beyond belief.😪

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Well said... you nailed it.. they are very good at playing dumb.. especially Biden.. people will figure that out eventually...

• bitlockerbitlocker Member Posts: 299 ✭✭

Similar to the Texas Tower shooter Charles Whitman '67. Eagle scout , army veteran, gun collector. After shooting several from the UT tower, he was shot and they found his mom and sister shot. Examined his brain and found a tumor. the type of tumor that causes a person to write many odd sentences and then murder people. Organic brain disorder.

About Russian history ".....and then there was a coup and we don't know who won the coup." Russian '80s not simple.

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,003 ******

DAMMIT! Just DAMMIT!

• mstrblastermstrblaster Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭

Dammit is right. Why does the media capitalize on this so much? It is awful, shameful. I know that they were children.....but in some kind of perspective, how many were killed in Chitcago this weekend?? Detroit?? Just saying.....

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go out into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness, how cheap, how cowardly, how pathetic. Ted Nugent.

My wife had a photo of "IT " taken from a FB page looked in a dress will see if I can find the photo and article she showed me earlier cant call IT by any gender so not get in trouble what ever the current proper term is for people . I heard It killed its grandmother and was already fighting with the police and ran into the school I would guess by now all that has been covered in the news . MY 2 cents since it was not a MAGA white guy a lot of disappointment in the news department and hate generator

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭

Terrible event and joe in his 15 minute address turn it into an anti-gun speech. Hang on guys.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭

This is a horrible event. Simply horrible. But you and I will be punished for it.

they always do they fight to get on top of the departed before ther bodys are even cold they are the ones who say never let a tragedy go to waste and hold to it .

fist go after then later on help the families grieving I hope ther is a special [place for such people who use the sadness and harm of others to rally there point

my thoughts there lower than pond scum or the stuff you use a stick to scrape off your shoes

• DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭

Aldous Huxley in "Crome Yellow":

"Mr. Scogan drank off what was left of his port and refilled the glass. 'At this very moment,' he went on, 'the most frightful horrors are taking place in every corner of the world. People are being crushed, slashed, disemboweled, mangled; their dead bodies rot and their eyes decay with the rest. Screams of pain and fear go pulsing through the air at the rate of eleven hundred feet per second. After travelling for three seconds they are perfectly inaudible. These are distressing facts; but do we enjoy life any the less because of them? Most certainly we do not. We feel sympathy, no doubt; we represent to ourselves imaginatively the sufferings of nations and individuals and we deplore them. But, after all, what are sympathy and imagination? Precious little, unless the person for whom we feel sympathy happens to be closely involved in our affections; and even then they don't go very far. And a good thing too; for if one had an imagination vivid enough and a sympathy sufficiently sensitive really to comprehend and to feel the sufferings of other people, one would never have a moment's peace of mind'."

• 44pinshooter44pinshooter Member Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Is it just me, or does anybody else wonder about all the shootings?

It seems to only draw attention when it is a school, church or the grocery store, but no one notices that dozens are shot and killed every day in the inner city's.

• 44pinshooter44pinshooter Member Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Prayers for all those who have lost someone.

edited May 2022

soft targets kids draw the most attention sad but Innercity thugs killing each other even innocent kids and by standers are just foot notes no one nation news or the politicians want to bring attention too as they know they have no answers that would not go against there agenda of punishment and jail and capital punishment

they seek out bad things that allow them to attack law abiding citizens basic any thing to attack the 2nd amendment and legal gun owners who follow the countless laws which they dearly want to erase

I see part of a FOX news report said good old POS Joe jumped right on his agenda of anti gun at his press conference about the tragedy not focusing on the kids and families just another drive for his anti gun laws fist couple sentences about prayes and sad event then on to get rid of the guns what a Suprise

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭✭

They are not smart, and we are not dumb. They simply have no moral issue with lying, cheating, and stealing(and a LONG list of others). We, red blooded Americans, DO have morals! We will come out in top in the end(even if our country doesn't survive). I refuse to act and live like them. In the big picture, they will lose!

• dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,783 ✭✭✭✭

Mike, I so pray you are correct but it has reached the point that the only solution is violence. We are on the right side morally. Does this morality extend to I am unwilling to kill??

I know , as you stated, they lack morality. If they can ship us off to camps we will be gone in a heartbeat!!

• waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

An act of evil and cruelty. And they want people not to be able to protect them self from such acts of evil and cruelty such as what happened, is equally as evil and cruel.

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

School resource Officer ..did they have one?

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

From what I have read this morning the kid was 18, he was bullied in school and lived with his Grandma. He got in an argument with Grandma because he was not going to graduate and he shot her first. He was a video game nut to boot.

A border patrol SWAT officer killed him.

That is the info I have so far this morning.

RLTW

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

It's just another sign of the failure of morality and principles in modern society here, Violence in movies ,video games ,television with greed of money & drugs with immorality becoming normal in all our institutions.

Once they take away our 2nd amendment because of these atrocities then we will all be victims of even more evils. They have destroyed the nuclear family already and more is to come with trans-humanism being the new normal.

serf

• jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

This Is a terrible tragedy and I have no intention of minimizing it, but it’s kind of interesting how we all get outraged about school kids being murdered when nobody seems to care about thousands of babies being gleefully murdered up to the point of birth?

The shooter was Hispanic but according to reports from Uvalde. The problem was mental illness.

Reminds me of George Washington Carver on the Int'l Date Line.

Cabin fever abatement tactic

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭

I think the best thing that could happen is if the media would never, ever put the perps picture nor ever mention their name ever! That will take some of the "going out in a blaze of glory" people from wanting to do something like this.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭

Yes believe so. FACEBOOK and the eternal social media which evil people use as a grandstand assists in the insane, evil people also.

Do NOT give up your guns and do NOT get on that train! I am by no means saying to roll over and take it! Stand behind your morals and stand your ground! Evil has to be fought, do not let evil run rampant. If we stand by idle, then we may as well join em!

@jltrent I DO speak out about the horrible murders that take place of our fellow Americans, but apparently that topic is NOT allowed. So you will not here anyone here speak out against the millions of murders you speak of!

@select-fire Apparently the school resource officer was there. He was in a shoot out with the mad man. Resource officer was wounded, but the mad man did(apparently) drop a lot of extra ammo during the shoot out. Possibly dropped a gun as a result too.

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭✭

How many weekends in Chicago does that equate to?

Maybe ONE weekend!

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭

Police waited to enter Texas school as shooter went on killing spree: witness

By Allie Griffin

nypost.com

May 25, 2022 10:16pm  Updated

The teenage madman who slaughtered 19 kids and two teachers in a Texas school spent more than 40 minutes inside as witnesses desperately urged police to charge into the building, it was ­revealed Wednesday.

Salvador Ramos barricaded himself inside the classroom before opening fire on students and teachers inside. Border Patrol agents finally breached the door about 40 minutes to an hour later when a staff member gave them a key.

Now a father of one of the dead children is blaming officers at the scene for not acting sooner to stop the gunman.

Jacinto Cazares raced to Robb Elementary School when he heard about the shooting and arrived while police were still gathered outside.

While he watched anxiously at the officers standing outside his daughter’s school, he suggested storming into the school building himself alongside other civilian bystanders.

“Let’s just rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to,” he said he told other onlookers. “More could have been done.”

“There was at least 40 lawmen armed to the teeth but didn’t do a darn thing [until] it was far too late,” Cazares, the father of 10-year-old victim Jackie Cazares, told ABC News.

Police waited to enter Texas school as shooter went on killing spree: witness

Play Video

Jacinto Cazares, the father of 10-year-old victim Jackie Cazares, believes police could of prevented the incident from escalating.

ZUMA24.com

A witness who lived across the street from the elementary school, said onlookers begged officers outside the school to do something as bullets rang inside the building.

“Go in there! Go in there!” nearby women shouted at the officers who did not go inside, 24-year-old Juan Carranza said.

Local police, state police and 80 Border Patrol officers swarmed to the scene. Four of the 80 Border Patrol officers entered the school building and killed Ramos, according to a Customs and Border Protection official.

Carranza felt the officers should have barged into the school quicker.

Jackie Cazares was one of the victims in the tragic school shooting.

JACKIE CAZARES' FAMILY

“There were more of them, there was just one of him,” he said.

U.S. Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz said in a Wednesday interview with CNN that as soon as the Border Patrol officers arrived, “they didn’t hesitate.”

“They didn’t hesitate. They came up with a plan,” Ortiz told the outlet. “They entered that classroom and they took care of the situation as quickly as they possibly could.”

Carranza said he first watched Ramos crash his truck in a ditch outside the school, grab a AR-15-style semi-automatic rifle and shoot at, and miss, two people outside a nearby funeral home.

The mass shooter then fired at a school district security officer, ran inside the elementary school and shot at two arriving Uvalde police officers outside the building, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety spokesperson, who added that all three officers were injured.

It’s unclear whether the school security officer shot back at Ramos.Ramos barged into one classroom, locked the door behind him and allegedly began massacring fourth-grade students and their teachers, according to the public safety department.

Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw said it was “within 40 minutes or so” from when the 18-year-old opened fire on the school security officer to when the Border Patrol team shot him.

The specialized, SWAT-like team known as the Border Patrol Tactical Unit struggled to breach the classroom door and had to get a staff member to open it with a key, a law enforcement official who requested anonymity told the Associated Press.

Cazares said the officers needed better tactical training and and were unprepared.

Follow The Post’s live coverage of the Texas elementary school shooting

“The situation could’ve been over quick if they had better tactical training, and we as a community witnessed it firsthand,” he told ABC News.

• redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭

I wasn’t there so I'm just trying to understand the response but I thought the “wait” protocol was abandoned after Sandy Hook and it was to be a " get in there" type response against an active school shooter.

in other stories they're saying it was as much as an hour, man alot of harm can be done in that time frame

This discussion has been closed.