In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Re writing the Ten Commandments

MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
Thou shalt not kill is now don't murder. 

I was chatting with a friend about religion, and asked them if they new the first commandment. Thou shalt not have any other gods before thee or some similar wording. So I went to look it up and cannot believe how google search and all the liberal non religious have to change things to suit their new perversions.  Also I always thought thou shalt not kill was the 5th. 

Turns out, the new version is "don't murder" and is now the 6th.  
This is happening to the "thou shalt not infringe the right to bear arms". 

Comments

• Options
    JohnERebJohnEReb Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    My understanding from 40 some years ago is that the original Hebrew translation was thou shalt not murder.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    Too many translations and sects with their own versions but yes thou shall nor murder is right for The Hebrew slaughter them all if you were the enemy. Still do even now. Of course everybody else does too in their perspective country or religion.
                                                       serf
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited August 2020
    The forum only bans two topics; one of them being religion. Tread lightly on this subject. Anyone who wants to preach needs to demonstrate that they have the same lengthy qualifications needed to be a US military chaplain.