In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Spammers are getting more and more sneaky.....be on guard!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,890 ✭✭✭✭

I feel for people that aren't as suspicious of everything as you need to be these days.

I get SO MANY emails saying "thank you for your payment".....or...."invoice for your purchase".....

These things are supposedly from Amazon, Microsoft, Virus Software, Payroll Services, you name it and I've gotten a spammy email thanking me for my payment recently. I'm sure this means the devil has been prosperous using this tactic....which makes me so sad to think of all the people falling for this.

So, be careful everyone. It can happen to anyone....they have no feelings or integrity....they will steal from anyone if they have the opportunity.

Be sure to check with your bank about anything you question....NEVER respond to any messages asking for money or thanking you for your payment that you do not recognize.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,827 ***** Forums Admin

Yep, we're getting then too.

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,890 ✭✭✭✭

I will NOT click on any links from anything like a bank, sales website, or such that is sent to me in an email. If I get an Amazon notification I'll go right over to the website....same with my bank. I know they are probably raking in tons of money from older people. Its a scientific fact that when you age you become more "gullible" and susceptible to scams....which shows just how evil these people are. There is a special place in hell for these sociopaths.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭

My rule of thumb is, unless I text or Email them first I don’t respond. I don’t do any type of financial business on my computer or phone. That is why I’m always suspicious of any type of text or Email I get with a link to click on.

Thanks brier-49 for sharing, a picture is worth more than a thousand words. As I’ve got older I think I’ve become more suspicious of people rather than gullible, I have been known to have the wife show me her ID at times. Lol.

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to help them on that voyage Kasey.

It's too late for me, save yourself.