In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

just saw on the ticker.....

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 12 in General Discussion

on the bottom of the news, that biden just closed the gun show loophole. I haven't seen any news stories on the subject but one I did find online says you now have to have a FFL to sell at a gun show, or online. So does this mean everyone selling on gunbroker now needs a FFL???????

Comments

• NotDraconNotDracon Member Posts: 66 ✭✭

Reading the first article I found, it says that any firearm sale from one owner to another now requires a background check to be done and passed in order to be a legal sale. It reminds me of how selling your gun to another person works here in Puerto Rico: you have to go to an armory or other FFL holder to do a transfer wherein the armory employees run background checks and allow person A to transfer ownership of their firearm to person B.

No idea how your non-FFL holding everyday layman is supposed to do this, so I guess this effectively means you need an FFL or have an FFL-holder present to sell a gun?

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think so unless it is a face to face sale. This legislation was supposed to close the so called "background check" loophole. Most of the sales on here are shipped to and go through an FFL so a background check is performed anyway. It is also supposed to cut down on guys that sell a bunch of guns for profit every year that don't have an FFL. They have been skirting the law anyway, so this may force them to either get a license or go through somebody like Locust Fork which would likely make their sales a bit less profitable. Bob

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,985 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12

Goa just sent me a notice

even a gun sale to a family member will be illegal unless its under a FFL

• Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭

🇺🇲 "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson 🇺🇲

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,525 ✭✭✭✭

One more time Biden and his ilk are ignoring what they swore an oath to uphold.

• waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve lived in Illinois all my life and we have had to have a Fire Arm Owners Identification card (FOID) since 1968. I’ll be the first to admit that it is unconstitutional I feel. But one thing I have learned is not read more in to the law than what is there. Remember this is election year, and this administration has already past a couple of laws that were already on the books to begin with. They are just trying to appease the anti gun group, it’s a feel good law.

Now as I see it, every sale made here on Gunbroker is through an FFL either the sender is an FFL sending to another FFL, or your shipping to a receiving FFL. Either the way the gun will be entered into someone’s FFL book, so I feel Gunbroker will remain unchanged. How it will effect gun shows I have no idea yet. But remember this administration has assembled it’s whole agenda and platform on lies, just ask Karine Jean Pierre.

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,594 ******

Well you do get your share of disagrees based upon your interpretation of things discussed here and that is ok to a point, but some members have found that if they are believed to be arguing just for the sake of "entertainment" they usually don't last around here real long… As for your "reading" of the 2nd and comparison to driving, fishing etc. and the ability to wait 3 days all I can say is, you just don't get it! Kind of like one of your first posts where you argued in favor of covid vaccines and I felt like hummm…this one probably won't last long… Just my thoughts that I am expressing along with my addition to your growing number of disagrees…

• Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭

…I'll do exactly as the Government tells me & follow all their rules & regs…. just as soon as my hunchback brother straightens up…

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,367 ******
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭

🇺🇲 "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson 🇺🇲

@BobJudy Good point and I pretty much agree this is just another feel good law that will accomplish nothing to deter crime and only hurt those that all ready follow the laws. It was left open by me because I encourage discussion of relevant topics, however others have posed concern and the man in charge decided it has run it's course and taken action. I believe he made the right call and that is why he is in charge.

This discussion has been closed.