In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

George madis 1 of 1000 signed book

o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
edited March 2019 in Ask the Experts
A few years ago a friend passed and his wife said he wanted me
to have all his gun books about 25 . I just noticed it was signed by madis.
I am assuming there is some value. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    As near as I can tell the man wrote several books on Winchester firearms. The value of yours would depend on which title, which edition of that title, and the condition.

https://www.alibris.com/The-Winchester-book-George-Madis/book/7237346

I just discovered that individuals no longer have the option to delete posts....

I tried that, Mike and this is what it told me:

Sorry but you may only delete posts which have not been replied to.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    1873man1873man Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of Madis's books were signed and I think they were part of the printing process. If you found one unsigned it might be worth more. :D There are several editions of his big book that sell all the time on Ebay which cover many of the Winchester models and he had a smaller version called the handbook. He also has books on specific models like the model 12.

Bob
    NRA Life Member
    Cody Firearms Member
    Winchester Arms Collectors Association Life member
    73_86cutaway.jpg
  • Options
    o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks 1873
    it is 1 of 1000 model 12
    ist edition dedication to joe fulgham
  • Options
    1873man1873man Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All the model 12 books are 1st editions as I have seen and sell for $25 or more in new condition on ebay.

Bob
    NRA Life Member
    Cody Firearms Member
    Winchester Arms Collectors Association Life member
    73_86cutaway.jpg
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Open the thread - scroll down to your post - hit the slanted pencil icon in the top right field of your post - still down and just above the ads on the lower left is the option to delete your post - requires you to check the box and submit - you do have permission to delete your own post - or simply hit the pencil edit icon and manually delete your comments - write deleted by poster and submit...

Pretty easy to figure out and perform.

Mike