In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Zealand welcomes gun control!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
Coming to The USA soon if my crystal ball is correct.

serf

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/17/new-zealand-welcomes-jacinta-ardern-gun-control-af/

New Zealand welcomes gun control after mosque massacre: 'There will be no opposition'

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said her Cabinet will consider the details of the changes on Monday. She has said options include a ban on private ownership of semi-automatic rifles that were used with devastating effect in Christchurch and a government-funded buyback of newly outlawed guns.

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Like Hell...................................................................................................................................................

Maybe the New Zealand Government "Welcome Gun Control." I'm betting the New Zealand Populace, probably not so much.

Who gives a Sheeit what the Populace desires. :| Right?
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    People are not fools. They read they learn. Its all a con. The anti agenda is well funded and targeted.

You cant fool all the people all the time.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I reject the thesis.

The shooters were not New Zealand citizens therefore their ownership of any weapons while in the country was not legal.

Therefore a law banning citizens from gun ownership would not have prevented this terrorist act.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warbirds wrote:
    I reject the thesis.

The shooters were not New Zealand citizens therefore their ownership of any weapons while in the country was not legal.

Therefore a law banning citizens from gun ownership would mot have prevented this terrorist act.

Bing, bing, bing........................................................................We have a Winner.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know! I know! They could post signs saying "No Murders Allowed!" That would solve everything, right?
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not all politicians are as stupid as they look, or act. They know these kinds of laws won't prevent a repeat, but that's not the real point,..........point is to further their agenda of disarming the overwhelming majority of the populace.

It's coming here very, very soon.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rocky Raab wrote:
    I know! I know! They could post signs saying "No Murders Allowed!" That would solve everything, right?

Or the alternative; "No Muslims Allowed"

;)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I understand it, and I might be paraphrasing a bit here, but didn't one of the survivors find an AR the shooter used, picked it up, chased him down, and held him until police got there? Seem obvious, although not so to NZ's PM :roll: , that it was the perfect example of a good guy with a gun stopping a bad one.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warbirds wrote:
    I reject the thesis.

Therefore a law banning citizens from gun ownership would not have prevented this terrorist act.

And if there was an armed citizen there, it could have been stopped
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everything I have read says Tarrant was NOT a New Zealand citizen but he DID have a New Zealand gun license.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see from the article the PM still has her head rag on to appear more sympathetic to the muslims.

maybe she will convert :x
    RLTW

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warbirds wrote:
    I reject the thesis.

Therefore a law banning citizens from gun ownership would mot have prevented this terrorist act.

Bing, bing, bing........................................................................We have a Winner.
    Atleast four of the guns were legally purchased from a dealer. Australia and NZ are commonwealth nations so he has rights there.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we could have a shootout amongst messican gang members in AMERICA that would lead to consficating my ruger 10-22 ?????? punish the innocent many to avoid dealing with the flagrant few
  • Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warbirds wrote:
    I reject the thesis.

+2