In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

In an auction dog fight -I won!

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Currently 19 bids. 24 hours remaining.

There?s about 3 of us playing to win.

Tomorrow night should be fun.
:D

Comments

• Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's how people that holds an auction make the most money, having people start fighting over the item too soon
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post a link. Let us throw a few bids in there too! :mrgreen:
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, inquiring minds might want to bid. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::)
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't want to get stuck with a gold-plated lawn mower for 3000 dollars ;)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You sir- have me pegged! :D
    I don't want to get stuck with a gold-plated lawn mower for 3000 dollars ;)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    here's hoping you get it for 1200 :)
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck Warbirds! Some years ago I was in a three way war like that. I bailed when it hit my top bid. The seller also had ammo with the pistol, and I sent an e-mail saying I would be interested in the ammo at his price if the winner was not. The final two bid it way over retail, and I was glad I quit. Three days later I got an email from the seller saying it looked like he had a non-paying bidder and in two days I could have it for my high bid if I was still interested. I ended up with the revolver and the ammo all for a very good price. Revolver was a little dirty, but otherwise perfect. Hope it turns out well for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I overpaid by $40-50 compared to the best deal possible. My Brownells order was $540 with shipping, this will be $595 shipped.

That said, the 5MOA dot specifically is tough to come by and Brownells had slipped delivery from mid May, to Mid June, and now mid-July.

So the miracle of GB gets me what I want fastest. Not sure why but I just had to have one of these...

3GroeWMl.jpg
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warbirds wrote:
    I overpaid by $40-50 compared to the best deal possible. My Brownells order was $540 with shipping, this will be $595 shipped.

That said, the 5MOA dot specifically is tough to come by and Brownells had slipped delivery from mid May, to Mid June, and now mid-July.

So the miracle of GB gets me what I want fastest. Not sure why but I just had to have one of these...

3GroeWMl.jpg

Have you received it yet? Are you sure they're not just going to order it from Brownells or Midway themselves and you're still going to have to wait that long?
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,068 ******
    edited November -1
    That's cool. Congrats Dave. :):):):)
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    montanajoe wrote:
    That's cool. Congrats Dave. :):):):)
    Trying to visualize what the "box mount" would look like. :P
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why 5 moa? That seems like a pretty large dot. All of mine are 2 or 3 moa.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,620 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    in for the give away ;)
    congrats the cost will fade into the past as long as you enjoy it , it was a good deal 8-)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well- I am using this gun only for USPSA and steel matches, primarily USPSA. As a result the toughest precision shot is a 4? bonus target @25 yards.

That shot may present itself maybe twice in a full 6 stage USPSA match. Literally 2 rounds out of a 200-250 round count match. So 1% or slightly less of the targets in a full USPSA match might require that precision. In the last match I shot, there were 2 targets just like this. I missed the 1st on the 1st stage (5second penalty), and I picked up the one on stage 4 later on (5second bonus) so basically a wash with regard to my overall score.

So that?s some background on the game I play & will use this sight for.

I?ve been using red dots for a number of years now, the smaller the MOA the harder the dot is to find quickly, but the more accurate I shoot. For a long time I ran a 3.25MOA dot, then a 7MOA, currently an 8MOA dot and during the course of a few different optics I concluded on my own a 5.5-6.5MOA dot would probably be perfect for my style of risk vs speed shooting. Trijicon is offering this optic with 3 dot sizes, 1MOA, 3MOA, and 5 MOA.

So based on past experience and my own swag of what would be fastest for me- I landed on 5MOA.

With a minute of angle being 1.047 inches @100yards, a 5MOA dot is 1.3 inches @25 yards which I hope gives me as much speed as I need for 99% of the shots I will take and leave me with margin for the 1% high value precision shots.

That?s the logic- I?ll keep you posted.

Cheers

He Dog wrote:
    Why 5 moa? That seems like a pretty large dot. All of mine are 2 or 3 moa.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    how about a triangle reticle so you can have your speed and precision? (tip of the triangle)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Triangles do great on 3 gun rifles, they will be 12-14MOA at the meat of it. which is past the point of diminishing return in the speed vs accuracy equation of USPSA.
    how about a triangle reticle so you can have your speed and precision? (tip of the triangle)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the education! Break a leg! or is that dancing???
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had been wanting a new magnum pistol and was watching the prices for a while. I saw one come up a few weeks ago. While I was pondering it, the gun went off auction. Then it was back, then gone in a few days. There weren't any bids during this. If they'd let the auction run, after another auction had concluded, I was going to buy it (if the other didn't go too high). So, for more than a couple weeks this went on. Then, after no bids for weeks, it sold for $300 more than it had been. I don't know if that is a new scheme to end and repost before it would normally end. Maybe it bumps it up on the search. I do know that I get especially annoyed with keyword spammers and to a lesser extent, people that have the same item, overpriced for a long time. I had read where GB was restricting that somewhat by not allowing free relists but some are working around it anyway.

I rarely get into a 'bidding war' on most things. I generally put on what my max bid is, then walk away and don't look until it is over. That prevents emotions from over-riding sense. However, there are a few times where I don't do that. It is generally something so rare that I don't really know what it is worth, or something I particularly want badly.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    IMO, the winner of an auction war is the seller.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain