In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Michigan now has recreational and medical pot. And most haven't a clue!
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm kind of curious. The Democrat candidates running for President, such as Harris, who are in favor of legalizing pot. In doing so they're also OK removing the "prohibited person" status and changing the 4473, correct? It would seem to be a no brainer, that one must follow the other, and that not doing so should be a slam dunk victory in court. But given their devious track record I'd suspect they try to legalize, but keep the prohibition.
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dfletcher wrote:
    I'm kind of curious. The Democrat candidates running for President, such as Harris, who are in favor of legalizing pot. In doing so they're also OK removing the "prohibited person" status and changing the 4473, correct? It would seem to be a no brainer, that one must follow the other, and that not doing so should be a slam dunk victory in court. But given their devious track record I'd suspect they try to legalize, but keep the prohibition.

It?s easy to see the GC side of this. Not saying they?re for legalizing pot specifically to grab guns... But - as soon as there?s a database of med pot prescribees, it?s one back door step to having NICS check this db during a background check.

And once med pot is legal, many gun owners / folks will think, it?s legal, so I can smoke... The won?t put 2 & 2 together.

Once this is done, they can prevent (what I predict will be) a large portion of folks. Next step is all private sales must go thru FFL for a background check.

Don?t get me wrong. I?m all for legalization. But I see unintended consequences kicking in.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,597 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't help but think how stupid it is that this choice has to be made, they don't place that kind of restrictive BS on people that are prescribed other meds, even meds like oxy and worse.

Just more democrap injustice ...................................... and we thought that the Taliban was the enemy.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It all makes sense once you realize and accept that they will use ANY ruse, ANY trick, ANY means at all to reduce us to a defenseless proletariat.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rocky Raab wrote:
    It all makes sense once you realize and accept that they will use ANY ruse, ANY trick, ANY means at all to reduce us to a defenseless proletariat.

With electronic technology, manipulation of photos/videos/pictures; you can no longer believe what you see anymore either.
    ;)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do banks and dealers get pass Go and not go to jail? The Marijuana Medical Card is a joke, They say over half of the stuff sold is illegally by cartels or illegal growers anyway.In California, you can be positive for it and still keep your job! Just ask Elon Musk about it! I wonder if he owns guns?

serf
    edited November -1
    Legalizing pot will lead to harder drugs being legalized ~ much like the minor restrictions on buying/owning/carrying a firearm has escalated to those calling for a total ban and confiscation of firearms.

It's a step by step process aka "death by a thousand cuts" to reach the ultimate goal.

:twisted:

Medical pot is a different story for those who need it but it should only be dispensed by a medical doctor in the course of his regular practice and properly recorded in medical records as to the purpose/need, not thru 'pot doctors' who will write an Rx for $5.
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.

edited November -1
    Medical pot is a different story for those who need it but it should only be dispensed by a medical doctor in the course of his regular practice and properly recorded in medical records as to the purpose/need, not thru 'pot doctors' who will write an Rx for $5. [/b]
    [/quote]

Doctors that prescribe medical marijuana are REAL doctors with REAL licenses as is required by state law just like ANY doctor in the USA and are much more closely monitored for obvious reasons.
    With all due respect, your statement shows your complete lack of research (and or facts) on this subject.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oklahoma recently passed Med Pot and as a person who has been on strong pain meds for over half my life, I was really looking forward to it until I saw the line on the 4473. I thought, well, I'll go ahead and get the card, and just not actually use it but that way I am ready if/when it becomes legal. Well, my pain management doctor now asks that question (if I have a card) each month when I try to refill my morphine and Oxy. It is sooooo hard to establish a relationship with a pain management doctor, and rightfully so. I don't want to jeopardize it. I can barely maintain a job and have any semblance of a 'normal' life even with it. Without pain meds, I'd merely exist. I've been there. I have spent a couple of years on my life existing on a mattress on the living room floor (some may remember when I spent so much time on here some years back, that was why).

If I didn't have the possibility of opioids, I'd probably have to give up my gun addiction and/or risk trying pot to see if it helped. I see all the bad press about pain meds, but for those that have never experienced severe constant pain themselves or a loved one; they will never understand.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
    edited November -1
    bullshot wrote:
    Medical pot is a different story for those who need it but it should only be dispensed by a medical doctor in the course of his regular practice and properly recorded in medical records as to the purpose/need, not thru 'pot doctors' who will write an Rx for $5. [/b]

Doctors that prescribe medical marijuana are REAL doctors with REAL licenses as is required by state law just like ANY doctor in the USA and are much more closely monitored for obvious reasons.
    With all due respect, your statement shows your complete lack of research (and or facts) on this subject.
    [/quote]

Is that why, from what I've heard and seen on some TV news videos, the pot doctor office is next door to the pot shop?

Maybe I don't get out much (certainly not around pot heads or pot meds) and don't have any use for the stuff, including the tons brought into the US by the illegals and drug cartels. If I need pain meds and I have from time to time with two back surgeries, I go to a doc, get a Rx and stop at the pharmacy for the prescribed pills.
    :lol:

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:

Is that why, from what I've heard and seen on some TV news videos, the pot doctor office is next door to the pot shop?

Maybe I don't get out much (certainly not around pot heads or pot meds) and don't have any use for the stuff, including the tons brought into the US by the illegals and drug cartels. If I need pain meds and I have from time to time with two back surgeries, I go to a doc, get a Rx and stop at the pharmacy for the prescribed pills.
    :lol:

Pharmacy's are often near doctors offices too.

I am constantly on opioids as well. With the new laws taking effect recently, they have reduced the amount I can get by a fair amount. Let's just say that I am prescribed less now than 15 years ago. I am not getting better, plus your body builds a tolerance to it. Now, I am barely able to go to work, and go home. I have very little else that I do because of the pain. I am honestly saying I have never once used any type of pot, but I am open to seek relief from the constant pain in any way, especially since they reduced the other options. Opioids also have a fair amount of side effects (for me personally, the biggest are constipation and severe dry mouth). I haven't heard any real side effects for pot short of the munchies. :lol: I wouldn't smoke it. I'd have to do one of the other ways if I ever do try it. But, as said above, I won't until it is federally legal and off the 4473 questions.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
    edited November -1
    Calling a MM dispensary a "Pot" shop is like calling a pharmacy a drug shop.
    Go online and look at the MM dispensary's, they are as nice or nicer than most Dr's offices.
    There is a huge misconception of MM and I don't understand why the need to make it look seedy or dirty just because you know NOTHING about it.

It's not cocaine or heroin or crack or meth or bath salts or anything like that, we don't call those that legally use opioids "Dope Heads" "Oxy Heads" or other derogatory or demeaning names.

Some of the most beloved and respected members here are on some pretty serious meds (God bless them) and no one slanders them or labels them for it.

I have a very close friend (three time wounded Vietnam vet) that suffers from PTSD, the VA was great about continuously and regularly upping his various meds ...... which made matters worse over time .............. along comes legal medical marijuana and he no longer takes all that crap just the MM and he is doing great, sleeps better, calmer just better in every respect. Now, I don't know how it works on everybody else but it's been a Godsend for him and I wouldn't dream of calling him names like pot head, druggy, doper or anything else .............. maybe Hero.

These are facts not opinions
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    bullshot wrote:

[/quote]

Real doctors, LOL.
    edited November -1
    mag00 wrote:
    bullshot wrote:

Real doctors, LOL.
    [/quote]

Yes, real doctors ...... use some of your time for a little research
    edited November -1
    bullshot wrote:
    mag00 wrote:
    bullshot wrote:

Real doctors, LOL.

Yes, real doctors ...... use some of your time for a little research
    [/quote]
    Really? REAL DOCTORS?

OH MY!
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mag00 wrote:
    Really? REAL DOCTORS?

OH MY!

Actually - real doctors in the sense that they?ve got their medical license.

As with any prescription scenario... You can find a ?real? doctor that hands out opioid prescriptions willy nilly but they?re way fewer than the ones that prescribe responsibly.

You?re certainly able to find both types that prescribe MM.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
    edited November -1
    mag00 wrote:
    Really? REAL DOCTORS?

OH MY!

As with any prescription scenario... You can find a ?real? doctor that hands out opioid prescriptions willy nilly but they?re way fewer than the ones that prescribe responsibly.

No argument there, my only point is that the folks that need and qualify for MM should be free from ridicule and labeling just like other legitimate medical drug users.
    edited November -1
    mag00 wrote:
    Really? REAL DOCTORS?

OH MY!

I just find the term "Real Doctors" interesting at best.

It's interesting in that I had friends who would not listen to basic health advise and put all their stock in the medical professional who represented big pharma. So the question of credentials, who issued said credential comes to mind.

Do you listen to the "witch doctor" who gives you good holistic advice, or pop a pill because FDA and AMA funded by big pharma said so. Who certified the FDA and AMA? Why are they the "gods" to be taken as the final word?