In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I am once again in a gun buying pickle

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,850 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
LF has a gun with a certain appeal right now that I had pretty much decided to try and go the distance on if my wallet could keep up. Right now there are a handful of bids and I'm out front with the intention of keeping it that way.

Well my gunsmith in Dallas called and apparently a guy backed out on a custom race gun for USPSA Carry Optic division & the gun is pretty much exactly what I had talked about having him build for me later this year. Well backed out guy paid for all the parts and my gunsmith said he?d sell it to me for what he has into it in his time and materials- $1,200.

That chunk of change would really impact my ability to know for certain I would win LF?s gun- which wasn?t on my radar at all but it seems pretty sweet.

It might just be one of those months where I have ti empty the piggy bank but end up a happy shooter. I guess we will see where the auction goes but I have to make a decision on the Carry Optic gun Monday.

Comments

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless you've already bid pretty high on Kasey's gun, the only way to make sure you get at least one of them is to buy the gun on Monday.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go ahead and buy Kasey's gun ...... if you change your mind later and want out of the deal, just shoot her an email at the end of the auction. :D
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    :lol::lol::lol::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :o:o :ugeek: :ugeek:
    bullshot wrote:
    Go ahead and buy Kasey's gun ...... if you change your mind later and want out of the deal, just shoot her an email at the end of the auction. :D
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy the pistol in Dallas, then "if" you win the auction (you may not) pay her then have her relist the pistol for you.....everyone comes out a winner :D......Or take a first-hand look at both and decide which one you want to keep, then let LF auction off the least liked ;)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bullshot wrote:

Wise strategy!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You guys are terrible! :D
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shilowar wrote:
    bullshot wrote:

Wise strategy!!

Yea, you will get it at about 500 cheaper next time through. :P
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Piggy bank - no or very little interest. Guns probably will appreciate. This is not a matter of want. It is a manner of being financially sound by investing in the 2 guns. But maybe I'm the wrong guy to give financial advice as I never seem to sell any. :lol: Bob
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,104 ******
    edited November -1
    Well??? Have you been outbid? Make a decision?
  • Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Warbird, who's your gunsmith in Dallas and is he any good at accurizing rifles? My gunsmith retired a couple years back (Doc at Doc's Gunshop) and I've been looking for a good gunsmith since then. You can wait till you straighten out your pistol purchase puzzler first before you tell me (don't want you to think I'm trying to get at the pistol he's offered you).
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,104 ******
    edited November -1
    :?: :?: :?: :?:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Triarc Systems- if you are in the AR world he is one of the best.No slouch with the 1911/2011 platform either.
    https://triarcsystems.com/

AzAfshin wrote:
    Hey Warbird, who's your gunsmith in Dallas and is he any good at accurizing rifles? My gunsmith retired a couple years back (Doc at Doc's Gunshop) and I've been looking for a good gunsmith since then. You can wait till you straighten out your pistol purchase puzzler first before you tell me (don't want you to think I'm trying to get at the pistol he's offered you).
  • Options
    DPHMINDPHMIN Member Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, don't keep us guessing. Did you end up with both guns? Or did you end up emailing Kasey that you were backing out of her gun? :D
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
    edited November -1
    BobJudy wrote:
    Piggy bank - no or very little interest. Guns probably will appreciate. This is not a matter of want. It is a manner of being financially sound by investing in the 2 guns. But maybe I'm the wrong guy to give financial advice as I never seem to sell any. :lol: Bob

I like you Bob.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BobJudy wrote:

I like you Bob.

It was only a logical observation on my part. Now if I could only convince Judy. It seems womens and mens logic are two sometimes widely different things. I think I really need another Perazzi but Judy probably thinks the money would be better spent on new living room furniture, go figure! Bob
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,199 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BobJudy wrote:
    BobJudy wrote:

I like you Bob.

It was only a logical observation on my part. Now if I could only convince Judy. It seems womens and mens logic are two sometimes widely different things. I think I really need another Perazzi but Judy probably thinks the money would be better spent on new living room furniture, go figure! Bob
    as long as that includes a nice extra comfy recliner to nap/clean guns in, all is fine
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I just turned our camper into a Bren Ten. Sure is easier to store. :lol: I am sure it will appreciate instead of depreciating like the camper did fairly quickly. Lost 1k a year on it. :(
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,721 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its funny how these things happen. You can look for something you want forever.....finally find it and THREE MORE magically appear.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well- I haven?t pulled the trigger on the gun in Dallas yet because your auction is still well within reach. :D
    Its funny how these things happen. You can look for something you want forever.....finally find it and THREE MORE magically appear.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

That is so true. I had watched for Remington 700 KS SS Safari's for a while. I kinda got screwed out of one I tried to buy a few years ago. Then, a seller that I had bought a few things from in the past listed one NIB. So, I bought it. Then, within a week, another one was listed. The 2nd in probably 3+ years, and they were a week apart. Go Figure...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.