In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Range Report Sig P320

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
I traded a .357 6" taurus tracker not long ago for a Sig P320 Full Size. It holds 17 9mm's in the mag and one in the tube. Cripe you can shoot all day with a loading. First of all the taurus was a joke. Very inaccurate and I tried every kind of load in it. It shot .38's Ok but nothing to write home about. So I tried selling it , no results, then traded it even up. The Sig P320 is a pretty decent gun. I tried various ammo and tried to get it to hiccup any way possible. Barrel was so hot when I got done it still functioned. At 25 yd it keeps them all in a softball size area. Only thing I dislike is the simple resistant trigger pull. Don't get me wrong it has a sweet trigger but resistance is only around 4# till the break. Reset is fast and short. My Springfield XD plastic belt holster fits it perfect and hides the trigger. This would be the only way I would ever carry this firearm since trigger pull is easy. No other safety. My Sig P365 has the identical trigger. Only carried in a holster. Never in a pocket that could snag the trigger and discharge.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You must have found the biggest sucker in SC to take that trade.
    RLTW

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Makaila has a distributor special edition SIG nightmare in triple black with hi vis lime green fiber optic sights (a Williams design I think)

The special gloss black grips look nice and have a good profile but could be a bit more grippe and textured for retention and grip...

She has a shoulder bag that's a combination of a Swiss army single strap tactical day pack and is a medium blue with black highlights - it's a purpose built concealed carry pack with easy access to gun and up to 3 spare mags - and it can be easily secured...

She prefers NATO standard FMJ Ball because it functions flawlessly and is affordable - I have some ranger SXT and black talons set aside for her as well.

The gun is simple - I still am not completely on board with the trigger system because I am an old fart who prefers 100 year old vintage weapons...

We have both performed multiple high speed mag dumps - firing as fast as possible until empty - running three through in a row to see how it handles hot...

3 stove pipes in the first box - field strip and clean - one stove pipe in the second box - field strip and clean - now runs perfectly...

All 3 stove pipes came from the same magazine - and SIG replaced it with a new one - however the new one is not all black but mainly chrome body with black base...

I got a smoking holiday - Christmas dealers price on sale cost that was surprisingly low - from Davidson's...

The gun fits bet we'll maybe a bit large for her hands despite being a compact model - it's a bit undersized for my hands...

Came with a factory hard case and 3 mags - SIG sent a SIG embroidered soft case when they replaced the magazine along with a cable trigger lock...

It's what she wanted - reliable but also pretty.

Also have some of the hornady pink packaged super self defense loads...

I have seen one review were the owner complained that his special triple black finish displayed serious cosmetic issues after firing 2500 rounds in 3 months...

She also now has a SIG coffee mug and SIG car travel thermos for coffee in flat stainless and a SIG oversized hoody that she wears to bed...

I thinks it will be a good pistol for her long term - unless anybody is aware of problems or bad reviews or recalls...

Anybody else own one???

Mike
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1

Anybody else own one???

Mike

I've had a 9mm 320 TacOps. I added an Apex trigger and trigger bar, which brought the trigger pull down to a crisp 5#. I also prefer the Apex flat surface. The 320 runs nicely with my AAC suppressor (shown in the short configuration), and the pistol came OEM with suppressor-height sights, which my Walther PPQ-M2 did not (+1 for SIG). The downside is that the barrel is not threaded for the usual 1/2-28. It uses a left-hand metric thread. The 21 round mags are long and make the pistol awkward to handle, so I prefer the 17 round magazines.

xVqzcEel.jpg

Although heavily advertised as being able swap "modules", I didn't find it easy to remove and then reinstall the fire control unit (which is the actual gun). It is not a simple drop in; you need to get the control unit positioned just right before it will go back into the module. Once that is accomplished, getting the disassembly lever back in is no joy.

Although the 320 will never take the place of my faithful 9mm P-220, it is a good pistol and I am pleased with it.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You ended up with a hell of a good deal trading a terd for a gem. I won one of these gems on GB a couple years ago and they are shooters. Have yet to have a jam of any type or FTF. The modularity is a plus at parity with an AR but in the form of a pistol. I plan to get a 45 ACP upper in the future.
    USA made a good choice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mark,

Have you considered the Mirzon SIG P320 Enhanced Grip Module???

Softer texturing and enlarged finger grooves and over molded panels and frame serrations and a functional beaver tail...

Fits everything except the sub compact modules - same with holsters...

Makaila ordered one for her gun and loves the modular ability to reconfigure the gun like Lego's...

Will except the 21 round magazine (theoretically I hear - since that's not legal in NJ)

It's a good unit and was not a pain to install

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And Mark like you this SIG Nightmare even dressed up will not live up to the build quality of my P210 and it's ability to transform and allow you to select 3 different calibers - even if it is a bit large and heavy for an EDC platform

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mark,

Have you considered the Mirzon SIG P320 Enhanced Grip Module???

Softer texturing and enlarged finger grooves and over molded panels and frame serrations and a functional beaver tail...

Fits everything except the sub compact modules - same with holsters...

Makaila ordered one for her gun and loves the modular ability to reconfigure the gun like Lego's...

Will except the 21 round magazine (theoretically I hear - since that's not legal in NJ)

It's a good unit and was not a pain to install

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bump -BTT

Mike