In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

More Virus' from Gunbroker Members

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited May 2003 in General Discussion
I've received 9 so far this morning, one showing to be from the accushot web server that says go ahead and run the attachment even if your antivirus says it's a klez virus.

Don't believe it, it's total BS. It IS the klez virus.

Just wanted everyone to be aware.

Measure twice, cut once.
calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
Empty the clip!
smoking_gun_md_wht.gif

Comments

• Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Mine came from you this morning Dheffley.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

aglore@gci.net
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Allen,

As I'm sure you know, I have not sent anything out since this started, except a message to BlackRoses this morning. My fire wall is up, and after scanning my PC with three different Anti-Virus softwares, I am confident that I am virus free. I now check my email at the ISP server site before downloading it to my PC, and I delete the ones containing the virus there.

I am convinced that this is either an attack by trolls who are out of college for the summer, or a more direct attack from the anti-gun groups who hate us and this forum. I'm wondering if we should turn off the email option on our profile, or if it's too late because they already have our addresses.

What a mess!

Measure twice, cut once.
    calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
    Empty the clip!
    smoking_gun_md_wht.gif
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,987 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could it be being attached by the GB server?

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    It didn't cause any problems with me because I use an e-mail guard through my ISP server and they stop all virus attacks before they get to me and then I have the option of letting the mail go through or deleting it. Buy yeah somebody is testing us. I believe this also happened last year during the summer.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

aglore@gci.net
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suspect the GB server has been hacked. Nobody in my address book has gotten anything from me. But, you got something and we have never corresponded. Several anti virus scans have come up with nothing. I turned off my ability to recieve emails through the GB server as soon as I heard about this. I also changed all my passwords. I wonder if we didn't both reply to a trolls thread and just got picked to be the victims.

Woods

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
  • Options
    adminadmin Member, Administrator Posts: 1,079 admin
    edited November -1
    GunBroker's mail server are NOT infected.