In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stop the ripoffs

staffsgtarmyreconstaffsgtarmyrecon Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
Guys and ladies stop the rip offs, $50lb powder $50M primers etc. Cabelas has some powder in stock,( I just ordered 2 lbs there that is listed for $50lb, I paid $19.95lb). Their primers are $29.95M and are accepting backorders.
These greedy profiteers really pi tick me off. I have been in the firearms business since 1977 and have never seen people so greedy.
At times like these we should all be working together not ripping each other off. This shows our enemies ( Obama, Sarah, Biden) that we cant stick together and work together to protect our rights.
Unfortunately I have customers to satisfy, so I cant put my stockpile of primers and powders on here at wholesale. This is what those pirates are paying for primers, $21.47M to $23.35, powders $16.14 to $18.72 for 1lb cans; $92.95 to$128.55 for 8lb cans. Bullets, 223 55gr fmj $69.60 M 30 cal 7.62s Win $161.90M.
Now ( if the moderators let this pass) you have an idea how badly you are being ripped off. These prices came from just one flyer I received, I didnt shop for the cheapest prices.

Comments

• fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    it;s all about..do ya want it NOW or later[;)]
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just wish the freaking crybabys would go back to their mamas tit and quit complaining in here,if you dont like the starting price,,,DONT BID,,,, if it started at a low price and was bid up to where you consider it a ripoff ,,,that was the market,,whats the seller supposed to do,,contact the buyer and tell them,,you know what,you bid $50 for that powder but sometime in the future someone else will sell it for $20 so just send me $15 and we will call it even,,,I dont even sell on the other side,,I buy alot over there and I am smart enough to know when I think its too high with some crybabytelling me so
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by staffsgtarmyrecon
    Guys and ladies stop the rip offs, $50lb powder $50M primers etc. Cabelas has some powder in stock,( I just ordered 2 lbs there that is listed for $50lb, I paid $19.95lb). Their primers are $29.95M and are accepting backorders.
    These greedy profiteers really pi tick me off. I have been in the firearms business since 1977 and have never seen people so greedy.
    At times like these we should all be working together not ripping each other off. This shows our enemies ( Obama, Sarah, Biden) that we cant stick together and work together to protect our rights.
    Unfortunately I have customers to satisfy, so I cant put my stockpile of primers and powders on here at wholesale. This is what those pirates are paying for primers, $21.47M to $23.35, powders $16.14 to $18.72 for 1lb cans; $92.95 to$128.55 for 8lb cans. Bullets, 223 55gr fmj $69.60 M 30 cal 7.62s Win $161.90M.
    Now ( if the moderators let this pass) you have an idea how badly you are being ripped off. These prices came from just one flyer I received, I didnt shop for the cheapest prices.

Supply and Demand. I am often shocked at what my stuff sells for here. I list my items rock bottom with no reserve and often get 3-4 times what I think they are worth. I actully feel guilty at times...but it is simple economics..Whatever the market will bear.
  • hrbiehrbie Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As much as i hate seeing a guy pay 80 bucks for a 1000 small pistol primers, these guys are right. Its a supply and demand market. Some guys are making bank right now. Hopefully it will all calm down soon.........
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Well I am not getting ripped off, I know better. The only ones getting ripped off are the ones WILLING to pay that much.

Also many of the auctions that have gone for crazy prices have started at $0.01. That being the case there is no seller ripping anyone off. The bidders CHOSE to go to the prices they did.
  • ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why is it that the guys that come in here complaining about this crap are always newbies. I would think anyone old enough to be in here would understand simple economics and the way the world works. This country is full of morons.[V]

AT
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking the ones paying these prices are new to guns and reloading and dont know what the going prices are. There are so many new gun owners out there right now. I'm new to reloading but not to guns or ammo. I didnt know at first that the 50.00 for 1000 primers wanst a good deal. I didnt pay that price. I looked around and found some at scheels for 25.00 per 1000 and also bought 8 pounds of powder for 140.00 but had i bought them on here first I wouldnt have know any better.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate to break it to you guys, but the reputation of this site on other forums is of ripoff sellers and idiot buyers. I'm not saying that, only reporting it. Reputations don't spring up out of bare earth. they grow for a reason.

I have no axe to grind; I neither bid nor list here and only sell an occasional item anywhere.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    quote:ATHOMSON Posted - 05/21/2009 : 09:26:03 AM
    Why is it that the guys that come in here complaining about this crap are always newbies. I would think anyone old enough to be in here would understand simple economics and the way the world works. This country is full of morons.

A Marine would know better.[}:)][:p]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Just bought a pound of RED DOT $17.75 at our local club..Shot is 20 bucks a bag.. Primers are $23.00 a thousand..Where are these outlandish prices????
  • ATHOMSONATHOMSON Member Posts: 3,399 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As someone that works in sales. I love ignorant customers. The less they know, the more I like them. These people act like this is the only place to get this stuff. There are good deals to be found here, but you need to be knowledgeable and diligent. The stalk is the best part of the hunt for me.

AT
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ATHOMSON
    As someone that works in sales. I love ignorant customers. The less they know, the more I like them. These people act like this is the only place to get this stuff. There are good deals to be found here, but you need to be knowledgeable and diligent. The stalk is the best part of the hunt for me.
    AT

Bingo!
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Buyers that KNOWINGLY pay double or triple are NOT being ripped off. They fully KNEW the price they were paying. We ALL have done this. Being ripped off is when the SELLER sets the price. The BUYER sets the PRICE on GB
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I don't know that since I use no other sites, however my feedback and the feedback of those I deal with would beg to differ with you on that statement ace!
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    I hate to break it to you guys, but the reputation of this site on other forums is of ripoff sellers and idiot buyers. I'm not saying that, only reporting it. Reputations don't spring up out of bare earth. they grow for a reason.

I have no axe to grind; I neither bid nor list here and only sell an occasional item anywhere.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Cling2mygunsCling2myguns Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An items value is exactly that which the market will bear. Simple economics. Or maybe we should have the government set price controls on guns and ammo, would that make ya happy?
  • thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's capitolism in action and it's great in every way. If you're not willing to invest the time and effort to compare prices you deserve to over pay.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by D@D
    quote:ATHOMSON Posted - 05/21/2009 : 09:26:03 AM
    Why is it that the guys that come in here complaining about this crap are always newbies. I would think anyone old enough to be in here would understand simple economics and the way the world works. This country is full of morons.

A Marine would know better.[}:)][:p]

Heck, even a soldier would know better.
    A soldier would know that Staff Sergeant is abbreviated by Marines SSgt, and by the Army, SSG. He would also know that the only "army recon" is this:
    army-recon-21-speed-foldable-bike-t20584.html

Aside from all that, though, buyers set the price, not sellers.
    We're not being ripped off here, because members of the forums are not (necessarily) the same as the buyers of the auction side, and certainly aren't offering ridiculous amounts of money to buy things on the auction side.
  • JohnnylikesgunsJohnnylikesguns Member Posts: 2,887 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stop the whining, thats the rules.

No one makes you bid 3 times what something is worth
    so why do you care. Free market. I might dig out some put
    away ammo and make some extra $$$. Am I bad, smart, or
    a rip off artist? You want it -you pay.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Somebody wake me up when this topic goes away, will ya?
  • adminadmin Member, Administrator Posts: 1,079 admin
    edited November -1
    If only Obama could save us from the free market economy. Let's pass some laws that everything has to be sold to the buyer at whatever the buyer wants to pay, and the government can pay the difference.

We NEED subsidized ammo. And subsidized mortages (wait we have that). And subsidized medical care (wait, have that too). And subsidized education (wait, have that too). Government has infinite money, right, let's subsidize everything.
  • The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It appears that the whiner is a one hit wonder. Wonder what forum he will post on when the flyer orders are canceled or prices changed prior to filling his order.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I have tried other sights, {elsewhere} and {elsewhere}...Gunbroker is by far the best gun auction selling sight online! People that badmouth Gunbroker have probably never actually spent any time here or done any selling here.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chris8161

+ 1 on this. I use two differnt auctions sites. only reason i use the other right now is because my auction accont is locked. I let a family member use my account and bid on some auctions and did not pay. normaly i would have paid it and been done with it but witht the lay offs at work i just couldnt do it. I know its my fault for not signing out of my account. but i tried to explain this and did no good. But if the admin is listening the only reason i have bids out on your competetors site right now is becouse i cant bid on gunbroker right now.. Please unlock my account.

I have tried other sights, {elsewhere} and {elsewhere}...Gunbroker is by far the best gun auction selling sight online! People that badmouth Gunbroker have probably never actually spent any time here or done any selling here.
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's the free market system at work. Overwhelming demand leads to short supplies which leads to price increases. Do you want Obama taking over the ammo industry, too?

Sit back, conserve what you have and ride it out. The panic buying will subside and supply will catch up with demand and prices will come down.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Saxon Pig
    It's the free market system at work. Overwhelming demand leads to short supplies which leads to price increases. Do you want Obama taking over the ammo industry, too?

Sit back, conserve what you have and ride it out. The panic buying will subside and supply will catch up with demand and prices will come down.

man i sure hope so. I cant see going out shooting with the price of ammo at what it is right now. I love to target shoot and plink and would love for the boy to follow but ammo would have to come down some first.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've found more bargains here than anywhere else on the net.
    edited November -1
    normaly that is true for me also. I have gotten more deals on this sithe then any other site out there. but no with the huge price spike i can find stuff alot cheaper by just looking around.
    edited November -1
    Grandpappy use to say "The only bad deals ya made, you made them, no one twisted your arm""..[:D][:D][:0]

If you buy a bicycle with two flat tires, dont blame the seller.[;)][;)]
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: hate to break it to you guys, but the reputation of this site on other forums is of ripoff sellers and idiot buyers. I'm not saying that, only reporting it. Reputations don't spring up out of bare earth. they grow for a reason.

I guess that its just what forums you belong too.I belong to several and in most cases we all discuss what we find for sale on GB.Yes you get some idiot sellors that list something 10times over retail or will list an item with a reserve they know will never be met just to get an idea of what something is worth but in the most partand you shop you can find good deal here,,I never buy at a gunstore before looking here to see what I am wanting is selling for,After I check retail at the store I can almost always make a better deal here even with shipping and transfer.Go check some of the Mosin forums and I bet you will find several people showing , discussing and bidding on auction here and running threads about it
    edited November -1
    Look at it this way.. I go to Johns gun store, has gun 500 bucks,, suggested retail is 300. I go to Joes gun store, has same gun 300.00 bucks,,Bet ya cant guess where I am going to buy my gun..[:o)][:o)]
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    It's the buy low sell high principal. Whats to stick together about? I bet if someone offered you 12 million for your house and say you know it's only worth $5 million would you say just give me 5 mill. and it's yours?
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RR- I've heard the same complaint about EVERY dealer site/seller/retailer. Read these forums and will find out that...

Gander Mountain is a rip-off.

Cabella's is a rip-off.

Cheaper Than Dirt is a rip-off.

Walmart is a rip-off.

The NRA is the biggest anti-gun group. (How'd THAT get in here?)

Etc

Etc

Etc
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    Don't bid. Don't buy. Don't *. [;)]