In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best Spray-On Bedliner

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Who makes the best Spray-On Bedliner? Rhino-Linings? Speedliner? Someone else?

Comments

• Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Two friends of mine have a "Line-X" spray-in bedliner and like them very much.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.[This message has been edited by Lowrider (edited 12-30-2001).]
  • Options
    Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    Rhino and Line-X are a 50/50 split. I have friends that have both and all are pleased.
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i, on the other hand, have one of those plastic drop-in liners that wear the paint out of your bed.the dogs really like the way they can skate around on it, though. barto
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone. I'm leaning towards Rhino.Thanks barto...I needed a good laugh.
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I have a truck I use for work and wouldn't have a "rino" liner because you can't slide heavy cargo on and off with any ease. The plastic one allows a person to load and unload with ease. It depends on what you will need and how you will use it. A freind of mine has the rino liner and cusses everytime he needs to load/unload anything after he has used mine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't haul much heavy cargo. I know what you mean about the "sliding" bit. I have a rubber bed-mat in my pickup right now. That's a pain in the *!
  • Options
    boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went with a brand "X" type that was called "Speedliner" and it sucks because it was cheaply applied and too thin.(It is a spay on). That was four years ago and "Speedliner" may be history for all I know.Be sure the spray on is what you want because it's like a tattoo.[This message has been edited by booger (edited 12-30-2001).]
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd vote for the drop in liner. If you should happen to get a bit of moisture trapped under a "spray on", sooner or later you're gonna' have a rust spot in the bed. Mudge the alchemist
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mudge--That's exactly the opposite of what I've been told by everyone that should know better. Hmmm...
  • Options
    13fister13fister Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ids Can't tell any differance between Rhino and Line-X, so I got Line-X just because the Rhino dealer was on vacation that week
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dangit 13fister, where have you been? There's gotta be a new woman in your life because I can NEVER get ahold of you! I'm leaning towards a Rhino. The only spray-on bedliner service in the area does Rhino-linings so I think I'll go with that.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Got a "Tuff Coat" at about 1/2 of Rhino's cost. It's been in a year, and no problems.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whew, I thought for a minute the idsman had a bed wetting problem!
  • Options
    ElbestaElbesta Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I put on my own using the bed liner material that I got at Walmart. It works great and looks good. It won't take as much punishment as the others but you can touch it up if needed. Best part it was under 50 bucks in materials.The Beast
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He Dog--Hey! That wasn't fair! I haven't done that in weeks!
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the next buyer of a truck with a spray-in liner does not want it, how do you remove it? If I were looking at a used pickup with a spray-in coating in the bed area, I would probably pass. Go with a drop-in liner that can be removed. The drop-in liners actually protect the bed from dents, which is the major purpose of a liner in the first place. While the drop-in liners may wear off some paint where they contact the bed, that is minor compared with a coating of glorified tar over the entire bed. If slickness is a problem for your dog with a liner, you already have the bed mat that will solve that problem when needed.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the back of my pick-up, which I should add is covered with a cap, I have a piece of outdoor carpeting which I got at Lowes for a couple of bucks and cut to fit around the wheel wells.I normally keep a piece of cardboard on top of that, just slid between the wheel wells--and the cardboard was FREE!It may not be a "pretty" set-up, but it works great for me.
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Rhino Linings Rocks! You can even get it "over the rails" like them drop ins.
    Eat healthy, exercise, avoid smoking........Die anyway. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    One of my buddies with the Line-X lining had it sprayed over the rails, had his rear step-bumper sprayed and also his cab steps.I don't think I'd get one of these. Don't like the idea of glorified undercoating being sprayed on my paint.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The next guy may not want it but it does add to the overall value of the vehicle when you trade it in. Most view it as an upgrade.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get you a $150.00 drop in and you want be sorry. It is easy to wash out, protects the bed and can be removed easily. The spray in jobs are a lot more expensive, real hard to scoot things on(the might be a plus for hauling some things) and next to impossible to remove.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't haul anything that I can't toss in the back with my two hands. Too much grip isn't an issue. Oh well. I've pretty much got the spray-in type fixed in my mind. I should be able to get it done and get close to buying the rifle I'm thinking about with my tax return this year.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    I had to be different, I guess.I have a "BEDRUG" in my truck. It is custom molded carpeting that fits in with Velcro and zippers. It can be hosed and will not rot. The bottom part has matching ribs made into it that fit into the ribs on the truck bed so the finished floor is flat. For cleaning, you just vacuum or hose.Rain won't affect it, but sun will fade it, so it is recommended for use on covered truck beds. I have a topper on mine. Inside of topper is covered in fabric that matches the Bedrug. Looks sharp.It is also fairly comfortable to sleep on.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!