In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Silent Cartridges

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I couldn't post this here last night, so I put it on "Ask the Experts". Now I'm Moving it here.I thought this was interesting and impossible. http://world.guns.ru/ammo/sp-e.htm This is supposed to be History, not a new innovation.
Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself![This message has been edited by RugerNiner (edited 03-26-2002).]
Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is new to me and I'm not sure whether or not to believe it. The concept in and of itself is not nearly as incredulous as the literary abilities of the author. I am no journalist nor do I consider myself to be a skilled writer. However, this clown is truly poor.
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    considering that english is his second (or maybe 3rd or 4th) language he isn't doing to bad. look at the page address .ru/ thats a russian website
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    His English is a lot better than my Russian. Read his Bio. Just a fellow gunnut.Clouder..
  • Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    Looks like he forgot the .300 whisper round for a true long range sub-sonic.
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,058 ******
    edited November -1
    That is very similar to the way that Simunition marking rounds work, but they are far from silent.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,058 ******
    edited November -1
    That is very similar to the way that Simunition marking rounds work, but they are far from silent.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!