In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

God is Good...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
...and for those of you who have not seen Him work in your lives on a VERY PERSONAL level, you don't know what you are missing! He desires a deep personal relationship with all of His children...and while not many of us truly attain (to a complete degree) that on this side of eternity, the glimpses He gives us are amazing.

I am so thankful that I serve (not near as well as I'd like) the Most High...and I'm even more thankful for the opportunity to serve Him in whatever small ways that He enables me to do so.[:)][8D]

Comments

• The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The religious forum is that way
    >
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How anyone can look at their children and not believe that there is a loving, all powerful God is beyond me. How much more personal can you get?
  • 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laundry-pro
    >

The atheist forum is that way
    V
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was Married to an Italian girl, Hell dont scare me [:D]
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    AMEN! He has saved my life many times. First time when I was born. Mom had toxemia poisening and was out cold. Doctor tried everything he knew, to get my mom back to a state of awareness so they could deliver me. But the good doc couldn't do it, he tried everything he could think of for almost 2 days straight. Finally he walked out of mom's room she was in and told everyone (fsmily) that as far as he was concerned mom only had hours to live and there was no way to deliver me and save from the same fate. My grandfather asked the doc if he could go in and say a prayer at mom's bedside alone. So, doc gave his permission, but stated that he didn't think that even prayer would work to save either one of us. But grandpa went in and knelt down in prayer for about a 1/2 hour then came out of the room. Within 10 minutes after grandpa finished his prayer, mom came to and the doctors were able deliver me. The doctor couldn't believe at what he had just seeen happen. Mom turned out fine and came out of the toxemia poisening and I turned out fine and healthy. That was in 1954 and there have been many other times that God has saved my life from accidents and other things that I should have died from. The doctors called me the miracle baby after that. I know that God lives and has demonstrated it many times to me. But may all glory be unto him![:)]
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    ...and for those of you who have not seen Him work in your lives on a VERY PERSONAL level, you don't know what you are missing! He desires a deep personal relationship with all of His children...and while not many of us truly attain (to a complete degree) that on this side of eternity, the glimpses He gives us are amazing.

I am so thankful that I serve (not near as well as I'd like) the Most High...and I'm even more thankful for the opportunity to serve Him in whatever small ways that He enables me to do so.[:)][8D]

I believe in God, and Jesus, but I think that God set out the roadmap long ago, and it is up to us to follow it and will be judged after death for our adherance to it. Until that time he is uninvolved in our individual lives on all but the most gradiose level.
  • k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    BTDT. It's not all it's cracked up to be.
    I started reading a book called Green Witchcraft. Very interesting.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

I believe in God, and Jesus, but I think that God set out the roadmap long ago, and it is up to us to follow it and will be judged after death for our adherance to it. Until that time he is uninvolved in our individual lives on all but the most gradiose level.

I disagree. IMO, I believe He controls each and every contraction of the heart.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86

I disagree. IMO, I believe He controls each and every contraction of the heart.

I am not arrogant enough to believe that I am important enough to warrant that. There is a full fledged battle between good and evil going on in the spiritual realm, that often spills into the physical realm. Evil manifests itself everywhere (as is sometimes seen here on GB).

There are bigger things to be taken care of, instead of lil ole me.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not more value than they?"

Matthew 6:26
    edited November -1
    May we have a volunteer, to offer the benediction and end this camp meeting?

AMEN
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    [:)]

Nothing is impossible when you are with Him.

Don't you have to be dead to be with HIM?
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by k_townman

No.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
    edited November -1

How Existential!!!

HE is always with you.

The question is, are you with Him?

You have made very clear your answer.
  • penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    Just a test is all...

A simple moderator test is all it is...

ECC opens it

I bet Nunn locks it... A sense of intellengence.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    moderator Bible thumping again.....yawn.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by P228

trolling again?
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1

U should read the Bible. It is clear u do not know nothing about him.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    God is Great!

Beer is Good!

People are Crazy!
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MMOMEQ-55
    quote:Originally posted by P228

trolling again?

If he can bible thump, I can troll.[:D]
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In a time long long long ago, this was a gun forum.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tneff1969
    In a time long long long ago, this was a gun forum.

He enables me to shoot well too! God is Good![8D]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,863 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic
    quote:Originally posted by Laundry-pro
    >

The atheist forum is that way
    V

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amen and Amen!
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Eric,
    You never answered if god is responsible for your foul ups as well as your joys. Can't face that awful truth either huh?

Over time, the christian teachers have given way to reason and science. They no longer claim that the Earth and not the Sun are the center of the solar system, and they no longer claim the Earth is flat, Soon they will no longer claim the world is only 6000 years old and that evolution is a myth.
    In 500 years, no one will believe in a paternal religion except maybe moslems since they are real backward. Just my learned opinion.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    I thought we were going to express our BELIEFS as matters of opinion.

Again, people, neither the believer nor the atheist can scientifically quantify his belief. Therefore, expressions of faith, in either direction, should be stated as opinion.