In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hot topic!

pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Sorry Mods. I know these freemason topics are getting locked out.

I guess freemasonry is a big secret.

I was an active freemason for 9 years. I just quite a couple years ago. They are not a cristian org. they require only that you believe in one God, they don't care which one.

The difference between the master mason, scotish rite and the shriners is a matter of an increase in annual dues and also an increased commitment to service for the lodge. They are all still masons.

Nick and other freemasons, please don't get on my case. During my active membership we funded the sheriff's dept. with rescue boats, dive team equipment, and the FD with a ladder truck. Plus numerous fundraisers for families in need (Freemason and not). We helped brothers down on their luck and preformed many other "good works". I departed for my own personal reasons(I commited my life to Jesus Christ).

This is the knife and ring that my parents gave me after my induction. I was the youngest 32nd degree MasterMason in Mich. at 21
P5180192.jpg

I just thought I would post the picture so I don't get 86'd HA HA I made a joke, sorry Rusty[:D]

Oh yeah, That is a ring of power, I can't count how many times the ring accomplished things that I could not. Most men looked at me differently upon noticing the G, square and compass. Oh, and the G stands for Geometry, which you do have to learn alot about if you join under the old requirements. I sarted out wearing it on my left ringfinger, even after marraige[V], never sharing with my wife anything we did. I began taking it off for different meetings as I wanted people to look at me and not my ring, just my personal experience.I have heard now of a threeday induction, what a joke.

Sorry mods. for bringing this up again I know you have had to lock em' all up. Hopefully this is not too controversial to get anyone upset.

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,024 ******
    edited November -1
    Did you have to ride the goat?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    There's no need to lock these topics unless they, or someone else gets out of line and violates posting guidelines. Thanks for sharing your experience with us...[:)]
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    Did you have to ride the goat?

And laso hobos.

I'm sorry.

It sounds mysterious. Like the mob.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Then why was mine locked? I stated facts that I have personally seen. No one violated any posting guidelines that I saw.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drjew
    Then why was mine locked? I stated facts that I have personally seen. No one violated any posting guidelines that I saw.

Clearly a mod is a Mason and his ring made him do it.[;)]
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    That's exactly what I thought.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,866 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Ya didn't have to earn a set of Chevy "Camel Hump" heads did ya?[:0][:0]
    edited November -1
    WOW its true, I see why you keep it secret. Very odd.
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    quote:Originally posted by drjew

Clearly a mod is a Mason and his ring made him do it.[;)]

My precious...PRECIOUS!

My wife used to get smart and ask if I was sure I had my ring on before I would leave the house. I now wear my wedding ring on my left ring finger for the representation of the covenant I made before God to be with my wife for life here on earth.

No I didn't get to ride a goat, dang it!
    edited November -1

What am I missing?

Jenny...I might not be a smart man!
  • TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad your out.
    I firmly believe the bible speaks out against secret societies and rituals. And against blood oaths.
    Secret societies are mentioned in the bible: Deuteronomy 29:29; Psalm 90:8; Matthew 10:26-27; Luke 11:52; 1 Corinthians 2:6-8

Christianity and occultism does not mix. It's like having a non-repentant murderer or sodomite, or wife abuser sit next in fellowship in church. Notice I said NON-REPENTANT.

Glad for ya brother![8D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Topkick
    I'm glad your out.
    I firmly believe the bible speaks out against secret societies and rituals. And against blood oaths.
    Secret societies are mentioned in the bible: Deuteronomy 29:29; Psalm 90:8; Matthew 10:26-27; Luke 11:52; 1 Corinthians 2:6-8

Christianity and occultism does not mix. It's like having a non-repentant murderer or sodomite, or wife abuser sit next in fellowship in church. Notice I said NON-REPENTANT.

Glad for ya brother![8D]

Thanks! I didn't realize at the time or care about the oaths I was taking before God.

Most men don't realize what they are getting into as the lodge does a lot of good for communities and children. My close friend Freddie bought a big van to take kids down to the Shriner's burn clinic in Cicago every three weeks. BTW, 32nd degree means that I took 32 different oaths before God Almighty[V] that I would conceal our dealings and craft of Freemasonry.

I had no idea what I was getting into. As a Mason, I thought I was contributing to my craft and community. My father has now left the masons alos...this is huge for him!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75

What am I missing?

It incites ridicule and distrust to even speak of secret orders. Which may perpetuate the reason for secrets in the first place and makes them seem almost spiritually ordained.

There is something about secret clubs that make outsiders distrust..

Its in our nature.
    edited November -1
    I'm feeling awful close to something evil, I think I'm done with this.
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are there any repercussions for leaving? What is involved in leaving? I appreciate your testimony and your commitment to your wife and savior Jesus Christ.
    edited November -1

What am I missing?

It incites ridicule and distrust to even speak of secret orders. Which may perpetuate the reason for secrets in the first place and makes them seem almost spiritually ordained.

Its in our nature.

OK! boy, QM you sound like a very intelligent person.
    edited November -1
    The "oaths" you speak of are loyalty oaths the the Egyptian gods.

Each level requires an oath to a "higher, more powerful" Egyption god...

...who do not have any power at all. Helpless and earless.

In the bible, it speaks of there only being 1 God.

"Thou shalt not put any other gods before me".

There it is.

Masonry is idolatry and those who practice it are breaking the commandment.
    edited November -1
    The bible speaks of "swearing oaths. Do not be decieved!

Leviticus 5:4-6,10; Nehemiah 10:29; Ezra 10:11; Psalm 37:28; Luke 12:2-4
    edited November -1

What am I missing?

Its in our nature.

OK! boy, QM you sound like a very intelligent person.

Yeah i gotta Heepem' big cranium. Man this topic just gives me some bad juju, and I do mean juju... Mayhap it isnt justified, all the same...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by we_dig_it
    Are there any repercussions for leaving? What is involved in leaving? I appreciate your testimony and your commitment to your wife and savior Jesus Christ.

No written repercussions, some of them don't care for me now(black balled) and some are still my good friends.

Leaving for me? I moved 2,000 mi away to Idaho and the worshipful master wrote me a letter asking about my active status and lodge transfer. They stated that I had so many days to transfer to a Lodge out here. I made a call as I knew the W.M. well and said I quite. End of story, I got an official letter that I was voted out and that was it. I still talk to Freddie my 82 yr. old pal. Worshipful master? I worship the Great I AM!

They are mostly good moral men. Some use it for a vantage point. Most just want to do good for others.

QM you are not dealing with evil here on my part.[;)]
  • rdc5rdc5 Member Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a brother myself and not be get all of you rawled up, I look at it as a service to my community and good fellowship among friends and brothers. I do not take it as seriously as some. And NO, I did'nt get to ride a goat either[:D]jmho
    edited November -1

I have pleaded with God Almighty for forgiveness and have done all I know how to repent and turn from my previous ways. I don't know why I keep the ring, I guess it is just cause My mom gave it to me and I feel bad just offing it.
    edited November -1

I have pleaded with God Almighty for forgiveness and have done all I know how to repent and turn from my previous ways. I don't know why I keep the ring, I guess it is just cause My mom gave it to me and I feel bad just offing it.

No problems from me. I just thought you would like to have some biblical references in case someone asks why you left.

Good on you! You did the right thing.

The road to hell is a mile wide and good deeds are cool and all, but do not buy your salvation. It is priceless.

Regarding the ring. I'm not sure of any specific biblical references. I would ask God what he would have you do.

I do know what I would do, but will keep it to myself.

Best..
    edited November -1

No problems from me. I just thought you would like to have some biblical references in case someone asks why you left.

The road to hell is a mile wide and good deeds are cool and all, but do not buy your salvation. It is priceless.

Regarding the ring. I'm not sure of any specific biblical references. I would ask God what he would have you do.

Best..

Thank you!

I think I just figured out why I keep it, I wouldn't sell it for profit to endorse something that I don't want to encourage. Same with the knife. I will not sell to pass on to some one else. I also will not have my sons gain possesion of them and think that they hold a personal significance to me. WHY then do I hold onto them???

Gosh, I think this post has just helped me to consider a place in my life that I have not yet closed off. I think that I have not been able to throw the ring away, I will not pass it on! WOW! Great just another little link in the chain I have to break!
    edited November -1
    I'm glad your out.

Glad for ya brother![8D]

Thanks! I didn't realize at the time or care about the oaths I was taking before God.

Most men don't realize what they are getting into as the lodge does a lot of good for communities and children. My close friend Freddie bought a big van to take kids down to the Shriner's burn clinic in Cicago every three weeks. BTW, 32nd degree means that I took 32 different oaths before God Almighty[V] that I would conceal our dealings and craft of Freemasonry.

I had no idea what I was getting into. As a Mason, I thought I was contributing to my craft and community. My father has now left the masons alos...this is huge for him!

I'm glad you are out too...hence my comments on another thread.
    edited November -1

...then you have done all that's necessary...let it go. You are dead to that world and alive in a real one.[:)]
    edited November -1

Best..

Thank you!

I think I just figured out why I keep it, I wouldn't sell it for profit to endorse something that I don't want to encourage. Same with the knife. I will not sell to pass on to some one else. I also will not have my sons gain possesion of them and think that they hold a personal significance to me. WHY then do I hold onto them???

Gosh, I think this post has just helped me to consider a place in my life that I have not yet closed off. I think that I have not been able to throw the ring away, I will not pass it on! WOW! Great just another little link in the chain I have to break!

I would probably melt the ring, sell the gold and give the money to my church to further His cause. Just an idea.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    I'm glad your out.

Glad for ya brother![8D]

I'm glad you are out too...hence my comments on another thread.

But now why do I hang onto those trinkets? what will I do with them? what will my folks think when I dispose of them? (all retorical ?'s)
    edited November -1

Best..

Thank you!

I would probably melt the ring, sell the gold and give the money to my church to further His cause. Just an idea.

How bout' I save all that trouble, toss the ring and send your church the 5 bucks in gold!
    edited November -1

Best..

Thank you!

Peter...you can destroy it...that is what I did with something that was hindering my relationship with the Lord. I did not want it to get into someone else's hands...I didn't want it being someone else's problem...so I burned and destroyed the problem area in my life...I could have sold it for profit...but I did not.

God will guide you...I believe you are His...and a good man.[:)]
    edited November -1

Best..

Thank you!

How bout' I save all that trouble, toss the ring and send your church the 5 bucks in gold!

That will work.....Our God can do alot with 5 bucks if He chooses to do so![:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

Best..

Thank you!

Peter...you can destroy it...that is what I did with something that was hindering my relationship with the Lord. I did not want it to get into someone else's hands...I didn't want it being someone else's problem...so I burned and destroyed the problem area in my life...I could have sold it for profit...but I did not.

God will guide you...I believe you are His...and a good man.[:)]

Thanks Eric, I just haven't thought about it in so long, this is just another one of those things that defines my heart, ever so slightly holding onto the past, even if it is a little bit. I don't think about it much. This is something that has me in compromise for sure. just another one of those little things that we can hold that can cause unknown adversity in our lives.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    I have been recruited. I declined the offer. So much for "we don't recruit."

I have seen the "good ol' boy" stuff aforementioned. Had a police chief who was big into Masonry, and would believe ANY Mason over any of his officers. He also altered reports, dropped charges, and even ran off an outstanding officer, all because it was what his Mason buddies wanted.

Heck, it's in their own rules and regulations. If a Mason is on trial and another Mason is on the jury, and if the accused gives the "high sign" of distress, that Mason on the jury is bound by his oath to hang the jury up with a "not guilty" vote, no matter what the evidence shows. I don't see how anyone can be a Mason and a peace officer.

Dad was one for many years. After he started studying the Bible in-depth, at Christ For The Nations Institute, he felt led away from Masonry, and sent in his resignation. The local lodge refused to accept his resignation, and voted to pay his dues for him for several years. He also lived in fear that his former brother Masons would come to him in the night and kill him for resigning.