In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ROBBERS

TRAMOTRAMO Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF GUNBROKER FOR SEVERAL YEARS. ONE THING I HAVE FIGURED OUT IS MOST OF THE SELLERS DONT WANT TO SELL YOU A GUN BUT THEY WANT TO ROB YOU!ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK AT ALL THE AUCTIONS THAT GET NO BIDS OR THE ONES THAT DO GET BIDS, THE RESERVE IS SO HIGH A REASONABLE BID WONT REACH IT.RELIST AFTER RELIST OF THE SAME OLD GUNS,JUST LIKE MOST OF THE SELLERS AT GUNSHOWS WHAT THEY HAVE IS GREAT BUT WHAT YOU HAVE IS JUNK.

Comments

• k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    STOP YELLING!.
    No one is forcing you to place a bid. Relax.
  • garanchgaranch Member Posts: 3,681
    edited November -1
    That is why I never even look at a reserve auction. I do not understand why a seller will not just make his opening bid his "reserve". I think that sellers do not realize how many bidders they loose by making a reserve auction.

I have always started my auctions at a penny with no reserve and have never "lost" on any gun. Some go for way more than I was hopeing for , I think because of the low start, which generates alot of bids then a few people get into the "Bidding War" near the end. If you are worried that your gun will go for too little money then start your auction at the least that you would take for it. But don't play a game and waste peoples time with a hidden reserve.

Ranchers do the same with cattle at our auction barn. We call it P.O.ing the catttle. But the reserve or PO is announced before the bidding begins. That way everybody knows what they will have to give to buy them. Time is not wasted that way.

When I search for a gun, the first thing I do is "smart search" then I click on "No Reserve". That way I never even see any reserve auction. They are a waste of time in my opinion.

Can you tell, I hate reserve auctions?
  • The Ultimate InfidelThe Ultimate Infidel Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Works both ways. As a non dealer buyer who sells on occasion, I see buyers who flake and dont pay, bid and pay but come to find out cant own a gun legally then whine when I dont refund shipping and GB fees. If as an occasional seller I go through this, I can only imagine what a full time dealer sees. Time wasted on the few must be made back by the many. This is a part of Capatalism.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,867 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    SETTLE DOWN DOOD, NOBODY FORCING EWE TO BYE.
  • TRAMOTRAMO Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    YEA AND THE BIG OIL COMPANYS ARE NOT FORCING YOU TO BUY GAS EITHER.
  • garanchgaranch Member Posts: 3,681
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAMO

Huh????
  • Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRAMO - U Mad?
  • k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAMO

Where is the correlation between the purchasing of gasoline, and the aquisition of another firearm? Drop a 'lude dude.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    THE FORUMS ARE NOT FOR AUCTION SUPPORT, AND THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN DONE TO DEATH, MANY TIMES OVER!!!

SEE? I CAN YELL LOUDER THAN YOU!