In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

News from son Mark

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Mark called today. He said he may have to start going to classes 12 hours a day in order to complete his training earlier. He will probably lose his holiday liberty as a result.I know what it means, and so does he. Uncle Sam needs these boys trained and in the fleet doing their jobs. I have counseled him to keep his head, and concentrate on his job, and he will come through all right. His specialty will probably get him a carrier assignment. Keeping those warbirds flying.Have you ever been proud and afraid all at the same time?Your prayers for his safety and that of all his comrades will be appreciated.
Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Egotistical Rogue, Evil, Dangerous Racist Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!

Comments

• Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    nunn,His one my prayer list. you and your wife are too. May you have peace of mind until he returns home to you. May God bless him and speed his duties.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My son has been informed he will not be finishing his last semester of college or graduating...after this semester he'll be leaving for additional schooling then it's Ranger School. Word is they are trying to get as many thru the special forces training and as quickly as possible. As a parent you have concerns for their safety, and pride that they are serving our country. Keep them in your prayers.
  • Options
    5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "proud and afraid" Yes, 20 years ago in a Church....Seriously, earlier tonight at the Post Office, I commented to a young mother that her children would grow out of the "chasing around mothers legs" before she knows it and that they were well behaved. As I was leaving she thanked me for the "kind words of encouragement". Come to find out, her Husband has been deployed and she was feeling the pressures of the situation. That is how I would describe her, proud of her husband yet afraid. Long story short, When I offered my prayers for them, she was visibly touched by that offer from a complete stranger. She felt maybe it was time to get back into Church, I hope to see them Sunday. Prayers, You got'em!
    If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
  • Options
    One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    I think the Goverment has a habit of downsizing the military in quiet times, and then working like hell to build them up in a time of need. Hell, when I was sent to the deasert I thought they were going to have to hospitalize my Mother. Parents seem to be the ones to go through the most hell.
    "This we will defend"
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My family's prayers will be with your son, David.
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dittoes, from the beasts to the Nunns, and also to so many others....this won't be any walk in the park.
  • Options
    gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    joonya187joonya187 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    nunn:Gratitude to you and your woman for instilling in him the values and responsibility that you have. I offer my prayers for health, hapiness and return, but mostly I will pray for you who put so much on the line in instilling said values. You, sir, are to be as commended as your son may be. God bless.
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    I was thinking about your other posts, with him in basics. Our prayers are with him. I'm almost glad my boy is just 11, but I know when it comes his time I'll be just as worried/proud.
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    You got my prayers too!If he gets assigned to a CVA he will be on a very heavily protected vessel. Beachmaster can fill you in on it.
  • Options
    4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers for all that will take part in this fight with the devil. I have a brother, he's a Marine, on his way to Yemen. God Bless them all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    AMEN, and thanks. nunn
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Egotistical Rogue, Evil, Dangerous Racist Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    bikrprchrbikrprchr Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    David, I know how you feel. My oldest son, 20, is in the Air Force assigned to KC 10 tankers as a crew chief. He say they are on alert, and have been advised to be on 6 hour readiness. From my time in the AF it sounds like they could go anytime. We will try to remember your son as we pray for ours and his new wife (3 months).
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My prayers are with you. My oldest is a Marine.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just sent a strong young man to Infantry school last week which will be followed by Airborne School and Ranger school. He used a knife to bleed out the ink from a tattoo on his hand so that he could get into the Army since tattoos on the hand are against regulation. He wanted it that badly. I called him when the WTC was attacked and told him that he didn't have to worry about war right away. He still has to go through all of his training. He was angry that he couldn't go kick some @ss right away. He's praying the war won't be over by the time he's ready to go.
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn, my prayers go out for your son and all who will go in harm's way.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nunn,sorry to distract from your thread. I got caught up in the story telling. Your son as well as the rest of those that put themselves in harm's way are in my daily prayers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, we should all pray for our service men and women. But there is a dilemma.That young men die in war is a fact of life. Some of our sons WILL die in this engagement to come.To pray for their safety seems illogical, since we know that they cannot do their jobs and be safe. We will pray this anyway.To pray for MY son to come home safe and sound seems arrogant. Why should God favor me over another parent and protect my son? I will still ask that he come home safe.I think we should all pray that the leaders make wise decisions about deployment of troops and materiel. And that our young men and women will do what must be done, in the face of danger, without flinching. And that they each understand that what they do, they do for God and country.I would that every one of them comes home alive and unharmed, but it will not be so.