In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Feds seeing increase in "coded" slurs..

kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-race-codewordsjun30,0,7093296.story

lol, they're crackin codes.

Honest to God do they not have better things to do?

Comments

• Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kyplumber

Honest to God do they not have better things to do?

Could cut down on the number of officers hanging around in chat rooms pretending to be 13 year old girls or pushing forward on the Albert Lum case!
  • Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    quote:Terms such as "welfare queens" and "crime-ridden neighborhoods" have long been used to refer to African-Americans, Dawson said. In recent years, other analysts said, discussions about patriotism have increasingly become coded with phrases such as "full-blooded Americans" used to exclude certain ethnic groups, particularly Latino immigrants.

It will soon be illegal to say "full blooded American", LOL! [xx(]
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    My cousin uses the word Canadian as a code word.

As in:

Damn Canadians!
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    What a bunch of stoidi. [:D]
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too dang bad, while I don't condone racial discrimination in the workplace, especially in publiclly funded jobs (Government) I think small businesses should certainly be able to hire whoever they choose, and that sometimes this same discrimination is simply jobsite humour and is taken the wrong way. When I was in the Navy a GREAT friend (black) used to call me * and I called him "black person" we got written up for failure to abide by the Navys equal oppourtnunity policies or something like that, no big deal nothing came of it, but the shame was we were great friends and meant no harm by our name calling, just part of the "guys" mentality sometimes, we call a guy in the shop now * all the time he loves it!
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Us Southern boys have had a codeword for some years. Damnyankee.[:)]
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,006 ******
    edited November -1
    Reminds me of a sort of a "language" that my hoodlum friends and I developed so that we could communicate with each other around outsiders without the outsiders knowing what we were speaking about. The "language" used a lot of backwards-pronounced words.