In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

serial nmber on a gun

Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
how can i find out when and where my SIG was made by looking t the numbers? is there a site?

Comments

• Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wheres KEVD18.....my guess is he will be along shortly to help you with your question.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cool thanks. i tried a google search but not alot came up
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by d_tierne1
    cool thanks. i tried a google search but not alot came up

Dan, if you havent already, you may want to post your question, on the "Ask the Experts" forum. They may have some help for you over there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    leftytwogunsleftytwoguns Member Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know you can tell the year it was made by the proof mark on the barrel lug(if it's imported) or on the slide, just north of the dust cover. Reference the mark to a Sig website and you have your date.
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think that any SIG would exactly be an antique.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,005 ******
    edited November -1
    I know of no serial number reference unless you call the home office in New Hampshire. I do have a number of SIG P6 pistols, and every one of them has the month and year of manufacture stamped on them, but they are German guns for the German market. I never saw such stamps on a US market gun.