In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Life is too short...

Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
edited May 2008 in General Discussion
Dont mess around with it, you lose everything you have.

I knew a kid that died yesterday, not very well, but he was friend of friends, and was everywhere, so everyone knew him.
Crossed the river, couldnt make it and died.

He was lagging behind everyone else.. and he was yelling for help. They couldnt get to him.. Firefighters found him later down the river.

Comments

• Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jacob2008
    Enough Said.

Dude you are to young to be having those thoughts.
    Wait till you are atleast in midlife.
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    quote:Originally posted by Jacob2008
    Enough Said.

Dude you are to young to be having those thoughts.
    Wait till you are atleast in midlife.
    ??

if your thinking what im thinking, Thats not what im thinking.

email me, ill explain later.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Sure, life is too short.

But it still beats the alternative, man.
  • Options
    GunBuffGunBuff Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes it is so make the best of it,cause you never know.
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    Hang in there Jacob.
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Today is a gift...that's why it's called the "present"....
  • Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a girl local that died in a car accident yesterday. She was to graduate last night and died yesterday afternoon. They had a bow on her chair at the graduation last night. I did not know her or anyone who knew her, but it always seems that this time of year is always plagued with young folks dieing like that. Very sad.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    Today is a gift...that's why it's called the "present"....

X-Ring![^]
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Jacob,

I lost a long time childhood friend when we were in the 8th grade. He slipped and fell from a water tower and died. I will never forget him, and I learned a valuable lesson, as have you, that no man knows the day or the hour.

Never forget what you've learned. You will need to teach you children the lesson when the time comes.

Prayers for his family and friends.

Danny
  • Options
    mongrel1776mongrel1776 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jacob, sounds like you've come face-to-face with the absolute fact that not one of us is immortal, and taking chances with our lives is, like you say, risking the loss of all we have. Also of all that we ever would have, or ever would be, or ever would do.

And you're not too young to give thought to that. The death of someone you know will have that effect. If it didn't there'd be something drastically wrong with you -- aside from the simple fact of being 15, which is drastically wrong enough [;)].

My condolences. I was where that kid was, once, and survived only after finally sinking, being fished out of the river, and having CPR done on me. It isn't the worst way to die, but it's a long way from any way I'd call good.
  • Options
    Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    We just had something like that happen around here. You know those stories about someone who has the world by the * and blows it? A couple of weeks ago, two cars of seniors, driving like hell back from the bay, doing well over 100, hit a tree by the Marillia Resevoir. One of the kids had a full scholarship to Penn Sate. 2 kids killed, one in a wheelchair.
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry for your loss, It's it's a tough row to hoe when you come face to face with mortality.
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear of what happened Jacob.
    When I first posted there was not enough information for me to know what had happened.
    So again I am sorry for what has happened to your friend.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    Life IS too short for some, not nearly short enough for others, and the time doesn't seem to be distributed fairly.

Sorry about your friend. That has to be tough for his family.