In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

white stuff falling from the sky in Tx

TxsTxs Member Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
It's actually snowing in NE Texas. I awoke to find about 3 in. on the ground and it's still dumping pretty good. No sleet or ice, just a nice layer of sticky snow. In these here parts this is considered heavy coverage.

Nice change from our usual winter scenery where everything is just varying shades of brown. Pretty cool V-Day scenery.

Comments

• tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Txs,
    If we got that down here, in S.E. Texas, the local politicos would be calling out the National Guard! We just don't know how to handle any weather like that.

I bet it's really pretty, though.

Tideman [Muddy in Texas]
  • kitfookitfoo Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in San Angelo right now, and there were some flurries. I was at a hockey game when it started. All the kids totally forgot about the game and ran outside! All we got was a dusting overnight though. Being from upstate NY and living in southern CA for 5 years, it was nice to see the white stuff again.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,062 ******
    edited November -1
    We got about 4 inches here. I don't have a picture host, but I sent pics to some of the members. You may post if you wish. The material is public domain by my say-so.

It is so strange to have snow in NE Texas that we make a big deal of it. Yankees think we are weird.

We were outside at 0800 this morning with the dogs. Dawnie built a big snow man and the dogs had a good time running in the snow, rolling in the snow, eating the snow, etc.

Couldn't get Travis out of bed to play with us, but he did leave about 1000 saying he was "going for a walk." Wouldn't say where, but I betcha it was the same place where he delivered a dozen chocolate covered strawberries from Mary of Puddin Hill. Got him a sweetie, he does.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net