In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

according to Kerry yesterday

tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭
edited October 2006 in General Discussion
all y'all that are "stuck in Iraq" should have been better students.

wow, I hope those comments stick to him.

Comments

• Options
    BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    Oh they will, just like Hanoi Jane's comments.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [xx(]
    i wish it would be reported by traditional news
  • Options
    Dak To 68Dak To 68 Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Missed that comment by the war hero. What does being in Iraq or Afghanistan have to do with being a student? There's no draft.[?][?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    www.boortz.com or video @ drudgereport.com

JOHN KERRY'S OPINION ON MILITARY SERVICE

The Poodle recently told a group of college students the following: "You know, education...if you make the most of it...you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well...if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Well isn't that just so very special! Now we know what The Poodle things about all of your sons, daughters, fathers, brothers and sisters who are "stuck in Iraq."! They just couldn't cut it in school. They weren't smart enough. Now they have found themselves stuck in the military and in Iraq.

If this is the way John Kerry feels about the military, why doesn't he just throw away all those medals he has? Oh, wait. I forgot. Been there, done that.
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    So only the stupid join the military?

I smell a new topic for my blog...
  • Options
    2-barrel2-barrel Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And their are those that say Bush talks stupid.[;)]
  • Options
    ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is just stupid beyond belief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    Boy that is a nasty putdown for our troops, that will pick up a lot of votes for his favorite party.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't we all remember Donna Shalala's comment that it was not America's 'Best and Brightest' that served in Vietnam?

This a couple of months after Jocelyn Elder's comment that HIV/Aids was killing our 'Best and Brightest'.

And they say Republicans cannot relate to the common man.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    What a bunch of touchy, whiny, girly-men you are! "He insulted our troops! Wah! Mommy! Make the bad man stop!"

Did it ever occur to you that he was speaking from a policy point of view and that he meant it figuratively and not literally? As Bush's intellect is of questionable quality and he is the one that has been attributed to getting us stuck in Iraq, maybe, just maybe, Kerry was saying, "Learn the English language and educate yourself or you, too, may one day make a stupid decision that gets you stuck in Iraq (figuratively, not literally)."

Sheesh. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe everyone doesn't need to take sensitivity training lest we damage the delicate sensibilities of our men and women in uniform with an insensitive comment.[xx(]
  • Options
    2-barrel2-barrel Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OH get over it monkey your buddy Kerry lost. Quit Whining!!![:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kerry is dead wrong about the nature and education level of the American military. Contrary to Kerry's Vietnam level fantasies, the American armed forces are actually MORE educated than the American population at large:

Check out this comprehensive study by the Heritage Foundation:
    http://www.heritage.org/Research/NationalSecurity/cda05-08.cfm

Highlight:
    quote:Education Levels of Recruits

We find that, on average, recruits tend to be much more highly educated than the general pub-lic and that this education disparity increased after the war on terrorism began. Comparable detailed education data from the Census classify the educa-tion level of individuals into one of seven categories (from less than high school up to graduate/profes-sional degree). We generated a binary variable that assigns a 1 for individuals with a high school diploma or higher and a 0 for less than a high school diploma.

If one single statistic could settle this issue, it is this: 98 percent of all enlisted recruits who enter the military have an education level of high school graduate or higher, compared to the national aver-age of 75 percent.[5] In an education context, rather than attracting underprivileged young Americans, the military seems to be attracting above-average Americans.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    What a bunch of touchy, whiny, girly-men you are! "He insulted our troops! Wah! Mommy! Make the bad man stop!"

Did it ever occur to you that he was speaking from a policy point of view and that he meant it figuratively and not literally? As Bush's intellect is of questionable quality and he is the one that has been attributed to getting us stuck in Iraq, maybe, just maybe, Kerry was saying, "Learn the English language and educate yourself or you, too, may one day make a stupid decision that gets you stuck in Iraq (figuratively, not literally)."

Sheesh. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe everyone doesn't need to take sensitivity training lest we damage the delicate sensibilities of our men and women in uniform with an insensitive comment.[xx(]
    EMM,

Your argument might make sense if it were not for the fact that Bush did better than Kerry in school.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Let's see - according to Kerry, only the stupid join the military ... since HE
    joined the military, too. he must be speaking from authority![:o)][:o)][:o)]
    ... what a dope![V]
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Monkeyman,

The fact is kerry meant exactly what he said and said exactly what he meant and its so obvious because he said it on tape. People can make up their own minds without having the story filtered through liberal quacks like you. It's gonna backfire bigtime on Kerry.

This is just another example of how the liberal demcratic fringe like Kerry try to pretend they are not what they are. Every now and then it slips out and that's why people dont trust them, why they wont win back the house or senate and wont win the White House in 2008.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe I should amend the last line of my sig to include the possibility of a botox overdose.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hughbetcha

Monkeyman,

The fact is kerry meant exactly what he said and said exactly what he meant and its so obvious because he said it on tape. People can make up their own minds without having the story filtered through liberal quacks like you. It's gonna backfire bigtime on Kerry.

This is just another example of how the liberal demcratic fringe like Kerry try to pretend they are not what they are. Every now and then it slips out and that's why people dont trust them, why they wont win back the house or senate and wont win the White House in 2008.
    +1 whatever political career Kerry might have had left, is now gone!!! He and Kennedy are the Rebulicans greatest assets.[:D]

Mass.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    quote:Originally posted by hughbetcha

Monkeyman,

+1 whatever political career Kerry might have had left, is now gone!!! He and Kennedy are the Rebulicans greatest assets.[:D]
    I disagree that it will kill any career Kerry has left. I'm willing to bet that the 'tards in Taxachussets will continue to vote for him for as long as he wants to run.
  • Options
    Dak To 68Dak To 68 Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A fool and his nomination are soon parted.[xx(]
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

No.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap
    ... what a dope![V]

Now let's be fair zip. Not the stupid, the ignorant.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The voters will have plenty of time to decide what Kerry meant cause they are going to see/hear that tape about a million times over the next two years.

I agree that its not going to hurt him in Massachusetts but it will dog him every minute of the democratic primary 2008 and I'll bet Hillary will be the first of many to use it against him.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's because Democrats have the answers to everything![:o)]
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    quote:Originally posted by zipperzap
    ... what a dope![V]

Now let's be fair zip. Not the stupid, the ignorant.
    Lets be fair its not the stupid or the ignorant, its the unedgeukatid!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is all Bush's fault, you know.
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spanielsells
    This is all Bush's fault, you know.

That pretty much sums up the press conference that he held earlier today. He blamed and bashed the republicans for everything.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    I just heard three different 'apologies' from him on the radio - prefaced by, "I have nothing to apologize about! BUSH DID IT!"

What a bozo![:o)][:o)][:o)]
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And JFK wonders why those in the military tend to not vote for the democratic candiate.

Democrats have a mistrust and lack of repect for the military and CIA.

Can we start flinging poop at Senator Kerry yet?

No, I mean real poop, not figurative poop.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Democrats have a mistrust and lack of repect for the military and CIA.Must be why Bush the Democrat blamed Iraq on the CIA and tried to downgrade benefits for veterans.[}:)]

Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to insult anyone of and from the military... I know they're a sensitive bunch and if anyone says something bad about them, they may cry and we'll lose the war! I'm sorry![}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You should see the reaction from the various veterans' groups out there...

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/31/153-10312006.html

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/31/204-10312006.html

and Retard-O-Vision's response, "I apologize to no one!"

http://news.bostonherald.com/politics/view.bg?articleid=165064

Even his buddy, John McCain, who defended him in the 2004 presidential campaign is demanding an apology. But... but... but I thought McCain said that Kerry wasn't anti-military!
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

This a couple of months after Jocelyn Elder's comment that HIV/Aids was killing our 'Best and Brightest'.

[:D]
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Democrats have a mistrust and lack of repect for the military and CIA.Must be why Bush the Democrat blamed Iraq on the CIA and tried to downgrade benefits for veterans.[}:)]

Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to insult anyone of and from the military... I know they're a sensitive bunch and if anyone says something bad about them, they may cry and we'll lose the war! I'm sorry![}:)]

Textbook liberal spin. Thank you. [:D]
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I can honestly say, I didn't expect anyone to step up and defend Kerry on this one. There is no excuse for what he said, and there is no defense of his words other than, this is what be believes as an elitist and pampas *.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    dheff,

Who cares what he has to say is my point. He lost in 2004 and has been barking up a storm ever since.

The only thing more annoying than his braying is the fact that so many women are crying into their dresses right now over this non-entity's comments.

Regardless, I find it rather telling that so many people who deign to call the military "America's Warriors" are so quick to feel insult and hurt at Kerry's distorted comments.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsavo303
    all y'all that are "stuck in Iraq" should have been better students.

...Or a ketchup factory[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    And JFK wonders why those in the military tend to not vote for the democratic candiate.

Democrats have a mistrust and lack of repect for the military and CIA.

Can we start flinging poop at Senator Kerry yet?

No, I mean real poop, not figurative poop.

His communist followers would howl if they posted on this forum!
    What's next?
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hard to believe anyone would voice support for senator botox in this instance, but it sure shows the character of the one who did.
    puke.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:)]
    What's next?
  • Options
    joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dead monkey: Your quotes just leave me cold. Now lets just listen to your wartime career. Then you can open your big mouth about our latest breed of warriors. Of course, you did serve didnt you? Otherwise how you have a opinion on our troops first hand. They are the same damn breed of warriors we always had but with one hand tied behind heir backs thanks to people like you. Lets hear your wartime experience or shut the hell up till you have some. You did serve, didnt you? Where and when?
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Political suicide I hope.