In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

imported firearms

dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
I'm curious. Does anyone know what % of new firearms sold in this country are manufactured elsewhere? My point being, that the anti's claim that disarming citizens and shuting down the manufacture of firearms will make firearms unavailable to the criminal element. They seem to forget that many of the firearms sold are manufactured in other countries and will be smuggled in like drugs if there is (and there will be) a market for them.

Comments

• Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I was to make a guess, without even looking at my latest catalog, I'd say about 80% are foreign made, but how many sold here is different. Do we buy more domestic guns or foreign guns is probably gonna be hard to find. Shooting in the dark here, so to speak.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would guess imported guns outsell domestic guns by 3 to 1, look at all the AK, SKS, M-1 carbines, M-1 Graands, Mausers, Nagants ... the list is almost endless ... then there is the handguns, HK, Sig, Glock, Makrov ... heck even most Springfields are imported from Brazil now days!
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.